The Falkirk FC Thread

Big shoutout to Ethan Ross yesterday. Thought he was brilliant all game and especially in the second half. Cause them all sort of bother and was very direct. Not scared to take a man on and beat him. A brilliant assist as well for Tait’s goal. Must have ran about 40 yards with the ball.

1 hour ago, Roboccop said:

Should we be honest and say that Dylan Tate probably dived for the penalty?

I've watched it a few times and I can't see a foul either way, ref should just have waved play on tbh.

Then I put my Navy blue specs on and it was defo a pen.

1 hour ago, Big chungus said:

Big shoutout to Ethan Ross yesterday. Thought he was brilliant all game and especially in the second half. Cause them all sort of bother and was very direct. Not scared to take a man on and beat him. A brilliant assist as well for Tait’s goal. Must have ran about 40 yards with the ball.

He goes down a bit easily but the Morton player does have a handfull of his shirt which is what made up the refs mind in my book. Not one Morton player complains either which normally tells a story.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

A few posters saying he got the ball but I’m struggling to see that from the TV angle and I didn’t really see contact with the ball at the time.  I’m not too sure you can read too much into the Morton player’s reaction, that could just be frustration that he lost the opportunity.

I certainly didn’t think it was a slip by the Morton player, but appears to hinge on whether Coll got the ball or not which is inconclusive. Certainly not a stonewaller though……

Coll never got the ball but there was also no contact by coll on garrity. I'm just glad the ref was only a couple of feet away to see that.

Somebody said on here before about our first defeat and the possible fan change, when we went two down there were a couple of spats near us which were completely over the top.

Quite incredible the reaction of some despite our run.

Edited by SuperTuesday

Quite good its Stenny next week, can hopefully give a run out to McCann, Morrison, Nesbitt etc.  McGlynn has some big decisions to make for Airdrie. Could see Morrison or Alfie coming in for Miller on the right but then what do you do on the left? Ross has been very good but it's Millers best position.  Just as well all options are pretty good, great to have competition on the wings.  

36 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Quite good its Stenny next week, can hopefully give a run out to McCann, Morrison, Nesbitt etc.  McGlynn has some big decisions to make for Airdrie. Could see Morrison or Alfie coming in for Miller on the right but then what do you do on the left? Ross has been very good but it's Millers best position.  Just as well all options are pretty good, great to have competition on the wings.  

I would rest Miller next week and play Ross and Alfie. Need to be careful of stenny tho. Sitting second in league 1? Just put 5 past Annan last week (Alston scoring a hat-trick for anyone who cares). But yes, on the whole a team of Ross, Alfie, McKenna, Mcann and Yeats - surrounded with the usual starting 11 - should still be enough to see past Stenny. I understand some people on this forum would rather go with our strongest team then make changes, which is totally fair, however, I would rather see more minutes from the boys who haven’t played much this season. Keep them fresh and all that. No reserve team, so important we take the chance to get match fitness into some boys when we can. 

Edited by Big chungus

3 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I would rest Miller next week and play Ross and Alfie. Need to be careful of stenny tho. Sitting second in league 1? Just put 5 past Annan last week (Alston scoring a hat-trick for anyone who cares). But yes, on the whole a team of Ross, Alfie, McKenna, Mcann and Yates - surrounded with the usual starting 11 - should still be enough to see past Stenny. I understand some people on this forum would rather go with our strongest team then make changes, which is totally fair, however, I would rather see more minutes from the boys who haven’t played much this season. Keep the fresh and all that. No reserve team so important we take the chance to get match fitness into some boys when we can. 

I would love to see Yeats in midfield in the Nesbitt role. Just woondering what it could bring

27 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I would love to see Yeats in midfield in the Nesbitt role. Just woondering what it could bring

I would play Yeats instead of Spencer or tait personally. That’s a position he’ll be more likely to play this season. Nesbitt will be first choice in that #10 role, and these past few weeks have shown it’s Oliver and McKenna next. I’m not saying Yates can’t play that role but I would say Yates is more defensively minded than attacking minded.

Edited by Big chungus

20 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I would play Yates instead of Spencer or tait personally. That’s a position he’ll be more likely to play this season. Nesbitt will be first choice in that #10 role, and these past few weeks have shown it’s Oliver and McKenna next. I’m not saying Yates can’t play that role but I would say Yates is more defensively minded than attacking minded.

His sub appearances have came higher up the pitch. But in general looks to be with a remit to use his energy to keep opposition penned in when they are looking to get back to level with us. He did some good chasing in his short time yesterday

For the stenny game I wouldn’t mind seeing all the the fringe players given a slot, however wouldn’t be surprised if M&S go with those currently in the shirt. Agreed with the post about Ross, best game in the NB. With regards to the fans didn’t hear much at 2 down other than the usual few moans, which even when we’re on our record breaking run, there’s always a few that never seem to be happy. 

Thought the fans were very good yesterday by and large and stuck with the team throughout. There were a few grumblings for the first half hour, but tbh, given the way we started the game, it was fair enough. Most of the discontent I heard came after the second goal when we hadn’t learnt our lesson from the first free-kick. McGlynn and Tait both said we started the game appallingly as well. But the ultras were still singing (albeit perhaps not as much) when we were 2-0 down and as soon as we got the goal back the fans got right behind the team for the rest of the game. Agree with the general point however that when defeat does inevitably come, there’s a big role for the fans to play in sticking by the players, keeping the good feeling up and not letting it throw us off.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

2 hours ago, SuperTuesday said:

Somebody said on here before about our first defeat and the possible fan change, when we went two down there were a couple of spats near us which were completely over the top.

Quite incredible the reaction of some despite our run.

We are going to be beaten and probably soon. We will just regroup and go again. The crazy folk in our support are like the daft dads swearing at their sons playing for the primary school football team. Embarrassing