The Falkirk FC Thread

16 hours ago, GordonS said:

I just learned of the existence of the Activity button on this site and when I clicked it I saw this. All towards the same account too. Hmm.

Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 22.02.04.png

Yep, for absolutely no reason. Never had any squabble with them and no idea who they are. All for saying maybe 3 guys out of 11 could be rotated for a game against Stenny!

Definitely something going on there. 16 hours ago they’ve searched for every post I’ve ever made and red-dotted every single one for whatever reason. Even stuff like encouraging people to join FSS has been deemed worthy of a red dot. Hmm. 

IMG_9204.jpeg

Edited by Sarah67

For me I would rotate the players only where I think the alternative option has little to no drop off in quality or the players who specifically look like they need a rest (MacIver). I wouldn’t be dropping everyone for the sake of it. Hopefully Nesbitt and Morrison might be fit enough to be on the bench

Hogarth

Yeats-Coll-Hendo-McCann

Spencer-Tait

Alfie-McKenna-Ross

Shanley

This is probably the litmus test of whether or not Shanley actually has a chance of making it at Falkirk.

If mcglynn doesn't think he's good enough to start against a league one team while we give McIvor a week off protecting quite possibly the single most important individual player in our system then he's never going to get another chance.

12 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

This is probably the litmus test of whether or not Shanley actually has a chance of making it at Falkirk.

If mcglynn doesn't think he's good enough to start against a league one team while we give McIvor a week off protecting quite possibly the single most important individual player in our system then he's never going to get another chance.

Whilst I don't disagree with Shanley starting, IMO he doesn't suit the one up front as much as MacIver does. His appearances are normally the last 15 or 20 minutes of games where the opposition are often chasing the game and we have more of the ball. That being the case, I think a change of system would suit him better and we may not see the best of him if played as a lone striker.

On 30/08/2024 at 11:14, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Have a feeling if Miller wanted to have extended his contract already he would have. When we were offering everyone else extensions to 2026 it was interesting he was the one who was missing out. Having played at a higher level before I wonder if he’s trying to keep his options open to return there in case we don’t make it. Would be gutted to lose him as he’s been great since he’s came.

On 30/08/2024 at 11:16, RC55 FFC said:

I think Miller will be next to sign. He’s desperate to stay longer from what I’ve heard

Take it all back, delighted with this.

Brilliant to get Miller signed up for another 2 years, just the below out of contract next summer now.

Defenders
Tom Lang - June 2025
Sean Mackie - June 2025

Midfielders
Alfredo Agyeman - June 2025
Ethan Ross - June 2025
Aidan Nesbitt - June 2025
Michael Mckenna - June 2025
Gary Oliver - June 2025 with the option of an extra year

Strikers
Ryan Shanley - June 2025

Edited by FFC 1876

Are all these players signing new contracts getting a significant pay rise then? Or a big signing on fee?

I’m totally on board with the idea that extending contracts of the current squad is the priority, just not entirely sure why the cup money is needed for that if you’re just adding a year or two on at the same salary.

Hopefully it’s a well deserved pay bump for these lads.

16 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Are all these players signing new contracts getting a significant pay rise then? Or a big signing on fee?

I’m totally on board with the idea that extending contracts of the current squad is the priority, just not entirely sure why the cup money is needed for that if you’re just adding a year or two on at the same salary.

Hopefully it’s a well deserved pay bump for these lads.

They are not going to resign for the same money they were on in L1. 

Great to get Miller signed up. One of our most important players this season and I’m confident he’ll be the same this year once he moves back to his natural position.

Lang and Nesbitt would be the two most obvious others to extend for me (although would obviously want to see how Lang’s injury turns out).

I’d probably look to keep Agyeman providing he maintains his form (but suspect he may be after a starting slot elsewhere). I’d be looking to see more end product from Ross as McGlynn had stated before making a decision.

Mackie again would be a good option if he keeps playing well.

Don’t think Shanley will cut it if we’re being honest but no need to decide now on any event.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Great to get Miller signed up. One of our most important players this season and I’m confident he’ll be the same this year once he moves back to his natural position.

Lang and Nesbitt would be the two most obvious others to extend for me (although would obviously want to see how Lang’s injury turns out).

I’d probably look to keep Agyeman providing he maintains his form (but suspect he may be after a starting slot elsewhere). I’d be looking to see more end product from Ross as McGlynn had stated before making a decision.

Mackie again would be a good option if he keeps playing well.

Don’t think Shanley will cut it if we’re being honest but no need to decide now on any event.

Really don’t think Ross has anything to prove now.

Has been excellent since coming into the team.

We are very fortunate to have two excellent left wingers.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Really don’t think Ross has anything to prove now.

Has been excellent since coming into the team.

We are very fortunate to have two excellent left wingers.

Agree he has played well in the last 3 games but would still like to see more end product from him at times before offering an extension tbh. 

We are only just in September so don’t think there is any rush at the moment.