The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Hospitality? Got one

The club does not have its own corporate or hospitality facilities, these are an absolute must in any hypothetical new stand as it’s a revenue generating facility, without this or similar there is literally no point in building the thing as we already have adequate capacity for 90% of our matches. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

16 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Your commendable proposal or something along these lines seems to be the most viable way ahead if there is going to be something tagged onto the stand. So no reason not to get it costed so we know the outlay so its banked should the finance be available. The other options are a non-starter.

Hotel? No demand the town has just knocked one down

Pub? Got one

Hospitality? Got one

Offices? There is extra capacity in the area as it is

Shops? Location rules that out

Anyway the club are in a good place so lets enjoy the moment.

There are proposals for a hotel, restaurant etc on the land opposite the main stand tbf. 

I do agree though at the end of the day the primary use will always be for football. Any additional use will always be a nice side earner for the club rather than the main business investment 

34 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

When I was at Ochilview earlier in the season for the womens game I noticed Stenny had one of these on the right hand side of the main stand. Looked like it was being used for a disabled area. 

It's for their "Ultras". Apparently they've been put over there because the folks in the Norway stand took a dislike to the noise 😆.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I think it’s clear what everyone is saying: bring back the gazebo 

I mention this every time the gazebo is brought up, but I started going regularly to games in the gazebo on that side and loved every second of it. 

If the current crowds keep up and we turn some of these into the core support it should definitely be something we consider. 

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I think it’s clear what everyone is saying: bring back the gazebo 

Honestly the Gazebo is a good shout in the short term, I used to enjoy sitting in that and it's probably the cheapest way to add 1000+ capacity without too much of a capital investment or a serious commitment.

We are getting close to selling out games at the minute and something like that could be build with the intention of keeping any money from ticket sales/scran in an account with a view to building a permanent stand in the future in it's place.

If ticket sales are still strong at the end of this season looking ahead for next then I think it should be considered. I'm sure a decent run in the Scottish cup this year if we get one could cover the cost of something like that. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

When I was at Ochilview earlier in the season for the womens game I noticed Stenny had one of these on the right hand side of the main stand. Looked like it was being used for a disabled area. 

It’s apparently for the Stenny “ultras”.

IMG_1751.thumb.jpeg.5098851b9e9b31cb1aa61ae87474d211.jpeg

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The club does not have its own corporate or hospitality facilities, these are an absolute must in any hypothetical new stand as it’s a revenue generating facility, without this or similar there is literally no point in building the thing as we already have adequate capacity for 90% of our matches. 

But would the council grant planning permission when they have a captive tenant in their own building.

As for building the thing then there has to be the crowds to fill it.

The thread was about completing the stadium and the reality that's years away. However having a cost for a settled design banked ready to go makes sense.

29 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

But would the council grant planning permission when they have a captive tenant in their own building.

The thread was about completing the stadium and the reality that's years away. However having a cost for a settled design banked ready to go makes sense.

The council have already granted planning permission, the club have outline planning permission sitting ready to go the only thing that’s missing is the cash to finance the thing! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I mention this every time the gazebo is brought up, but I started going regularly to games in the gazebo on that side and loved every second of it. 

If the current crowds keep up and we turn some of these into the core support it should definitely be something we consider. 

The Gazebo is a great shout. Cheap family tickets and as long as it washes its face cost wise all to the good. Made the ground seem more complete.

Would be interesting to know the costs of one if we were to get to the Premiership. I noticed from watching the Wrexham documentary that a 2,500 capacity temp stand cost them £1m with ticket sales only bringing in a 1/4 of that but they did it anyway as had promised additional tickets. 

13 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Would be interesting to know the costs of one if we were to get to the Premiership. I noticed from watching the Wrexham documentary that a 2,500 capacity temp stand cost them £1m with ticket sales only bringing in a 1/4 of that but they did it anyway as had promised additional tickets. 

So fans only paid £100 for a ST there? Not sure those numbers are accurate. Looking at their ST prices the cheapest is £363. That would make the income if all sold at this price would be about 750k ex VAT 

Edited by BPM

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The council have already granted planning permission, the club have outline planning permission sitting ready to go the only thing that’s missing is the cash to finance the thing! 

Thanks for that, all that is needed is the price it will cost.

So if Man City offer £8 million for Adams, we are good to go.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You're contradicting yourself a wee bit here.

You're saying that we would need to have the crowds to fill a stand (which we don't and are unlikely to have) then say that we should cost a design to use when the time comes. 

Until we know what shape a new stand would take with regard to how we use the space inside to generate cash we can't really have a design because we wouldn't know what size of stand to build.

23 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You're contradicting yourself a wee bit here.

You're saying that we would need to have the crowds to fill a stand (which we don't and are unlikely to have) then say that we should cost a design to use when the time comes. 

Until we know what shape a new stand would take with regard to how we use the space inside to generate cash we can't really have a design because we wouldn't know what size of stand to build.

A new permanent stand is an absolute pipe dream imo. 

Categorically will not happen in any of our lifetimes. And it isn't needed. Sadly. 

44 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

A new permanent stand is an absolute pipe dream imo. 

Categorically will not happen in any of our lifetimes. And it isn't needed. Sadly. 

I don’t agree with that but it is not a priority at this moment 

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Your commendable proposal or something along these lines seems to be the most viable way ahead if there is going to be something tagged onto the stand. So no reason not to get it costed so we know the outlay so its banked should the finance be available. The other options are a non-starter.

Hotel? No demand the town has just knocked one down

Pub? Got one

Hospitality? Got one

Offices? There is extra capacity in the area as it is

Shops? Location rules that out

Anyway the club are in a good place so lets enjoy the moment.

Pub. Rammed clear demand for more capacity.

Hospitality. Consistently sold out clear demand for more capacity not to mention availability for funerals, special occasions and functions.

Offices. If priced and marketed efficiently could be filled but bar and hospitality are the likely money spinners.