The Falkirk FC Thread

I’d imagine if we were allowed to, and could, we would have sold the naming rights to the stadium.

So my assumption is that either we can’t due to the ownership thing, or that we can’t get anyone to pay the value we’re looking for.

Edit - it’s in the club’s commercial brochure so it is available if a company are willing to pay the right price.

Edited by Hughsie

3 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I’d imagine if we were allowed to, and could, we would have sold the naming rights to the stadium.

So my assumption is that either we can’t due to the ownership thing, or that we can’t get anyone to pay the value we’re looking for.

WELCOME TO SNAKE STADIUM

Fox Tv GIF by Paradise Hotel

55 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I know it’s quite costly and I know some might have objections to it on purity grounds, but given the efficiency of our commercial team, I’m a little bit surprised we haven’t done something like naming rights for the stadium (ala Livingston, and plenty of others). I don’t even know if this is something that has been floated, but just seems quite a straightforward way to bring in a chunk of money.

edit to add: probably due to us not owning the stadium, but then I’m pretty sure Hamilton did naming rights when renting NDP? Unsure of the logistics.

I know the club are actively looking at the naming rights for individual stands on a season by season basis as has already been done with Haldane construction on the north stand. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

48 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I know it’s quite costly and I know some might have objections to it on purity grounds, but given the efficiency of our commercial team, I’m a little bit surprised we haven’t done something like naming rights for the stadium (ala Livingston, and plenty of others). I don’t even know if this is something that has been floated, but just seems quite a straightforward way to bring in a chunk of money.

edit to add: probably due to us not owning the stadium, but then I’m pretty sure Hamilton did naming rights when renting NDP? Unsure of the logistics.

I asked this at a recent meeting, and there is no obstacle to selling naming rights...just need to get the right offer i guess

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

OK then. No sooner did FFC sign up to the stadium as partners with the Council within weeks the Council announced the idea of a hotel as part of the complex was a no-go as they had revised the Grangemouth Blast Zone area.

It was a bolt from the blue FFC did not have an inking it was even being considered but damn sure the council did.

From that moment on I would not trust the council an inch with their involvement with the stadium and with good reason. It was an appalling betrayal to a partner right at the start of the joint venture.

If relations have improved - good but keep this in mind - council administrations change and so do their attitudes.

But anyway that's by and by the 4th stand is the subject of the thread.

The club should cost the options so if the finances are available in the future then the club's ready to go. Think that's appropriate, forward-thinking and not controversial 

A poor decision by the council 25 years ago still does not answer the question as to how you perceive the council are some how actively “calling all the shots” with regard to what we do with the club owned parts of the buildings? Particular when the current evidence would suggest quite the opposite. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Please explain how the council “call the shots over the stadium as they have shown over the years” where is your evidence of this? They only own part of the main stand and mono block park so I’ve no idea how they could possibly have control over the north/south stand or any of the club owned sections in the main stand? In fact having quizzed a number of the current BOD on this there is actually a very amicable and productive relationship with the council at the moment where they have been particularly helpful to the point where the season before last they’ve even paid for maintenance work to be carried out on areas of the main stand they do not own and are not responsible for. They have also I’m told been very active in assisting the club and foundation with certain issues they have had. We actually pay the council way less in service fees for use of the council owned catering and hospitality suites than we pay SA in rent for the main stand, if you bother to speak to any of the current guys running the club they actually feel the deal and relationship with the council is very reasonable and would tell you dealing with issues like taking ownership of the south stand or dealing with the clubs relationship with the foundation are way higher on the list of priorities needing attention. These are competent people we now have at the helm right now as has been shown by the clubs upward trajectory both on and off the park since the event of fan ownership so with respect I’m far more inclined to listen to they’re opinion on these matters as opposed to something I’ve read from a poster on an anonymous online forum. 

Wasting your time trying to convince him with facts.

He is still nursing his anti Council seethe because his bins never got emptied sometime in the 90’s.

33 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

A poor decision by the council 25 years ago still does not answer the question as to how you perceive the council are some how actively “calling all the shots” with regard to what we do with the club owned parts of the buildings? Particular when the current evidence would suggest quite the opposite. 

Can you stop putting 10p's in the village idiot please and thanks x

I know it’s got f**k all to do with football, but surely if there is a company out there that is best suited to being the main sponsor of our stadium it has to be Winalot. It’s what we do best so it has to be the Winalot Arena.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I know it’s got f**k all to do with football, but surely if there is a company out there that is best suited to being the main sponsor of our stadium it has to be Winalot. It’s what we do best so it has to be the Winalot Arena.

Fuxxake Pal, look what you've started.