The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Mental how little luck we've had in cup matches over the last two years. Enough chances to win 5 games today despite the changes and even with 10 men didnt look like giving away a chance never mind conceding a goal

Not remotely fussed though as long as the league points continue to roll in 

Oh come on min, the magnitude and the severity of the defeat can't be underestimated.

I know my football 😆 

10 minutes ago, Ataboy said:

You are bothered let’s be honest . Or are you now too big a club for these competitions. Sure it took you about 10 years to get back to the championship so spare me the rubbish 

The fact we changed  half our side for today's game tells you it isn't top of our priorities.

7 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Which games is Hendo suspensed for? 

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

I think @Skyline Drifter said with this new comet system it’s so inflexible that suspensions cannot carry between tournaments so will be for the next diddy cup  match  we play in which will be in about 20 years time. 

Assuming it was indeed violent conduct and it’s two games…one immediate and one the next match in the competition he was red carded in. So that vs Airdrie and then the next Challenge Cup match he plays regardless of what side he’s with.

Edit: Struck due to the fact it's quite simply wrong. Not deleted as I'll own the error.

Edited by TxRover

17 minutes ago, Ataboy said:

You are bothered let’s be honest . Or are you now too big a club for these competitions. Sure it took you about 10 years to get back to the championship so spare me the rubbish 

Oh mate. I'm not bothered not because I don't care about the competition but because we are running a very small squad this season and fewer games decrease chance of injury. League is always the priority. Other seasons I would be more fussed. Want to get that chip off your shoulder and calm down? Or are you just that desperate for the praise? 

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I really think this North West poster has some kind of condition or a learning difficulty, don’t think we should mock the poor soul.

Do you mean because he’s desperate for interaction all the time ?

Did he not say before he was in his 50’s but hung about with the teenage Ultras/Casuals ?

He’s probably just either lonely or drunk most weekends Harry.

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I really think this North West poster has some kind of condition or a learning difficulty, don’t think we should mock the poor soul.

Away ya slavering gowk 😆 

On 20/08/2024 at 15:28, Skyline Drifter said:

Nope.

The installation of Comet brought with it a change to keeping all suspensions competition specific because it's too difficult to re-purpose Comet to recognise the suspensions cross competition. He has a two match ban in the League Cup. So he'll miss Celtic and (assuming you don't actually beat them!) he'll also miss your first group game next season.

There are now no suspensions in the normal course of action that cross competition borders. Obviously if someone gets a drugs ban, gambling ban, Cantona-like ban from all football, match fixing type thing they'll be banned from everything but those sorts of things are date based rather than matches.

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Assuming it was indeed violent conduct and it’s two games…one immediate and one the next match in the competition he was red carded in. So that vs Airdrie and then the next Challenge Cup match he plays regardless of what side he’s with.

Don’t know where to quite start with that game. Could have and should have won three games with the amount of chances we had. Hit the woodwork twice, numerous saves from Jamieson (who always has a good game against us), a penalty scored that Shanley slips on a bone dry pitch and hits the ball twice and two decisions that I feel were quite questionable. I was right down at the Henderson incident and having only seen it live and no reply it looked like he was just trying to shield it out and he’s accidentally caught him. The penalty was a total dive and I can’t believe officials still get done by something so obvious. The linesman really had to help the ref there. 

I was actually particularly disappointed with Yeats and McCann who were excellent last year. McKenna seems like a waste and Shanley goodness me I’m being proved right. He’s murder and will not cut it as our second striker. Can you imagine his forbid McIver gets injured? 

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

One thinks you don't know what those big words mean 🙄

Oh you found me out.

I am trying to improve my written English skills by reading Charles Dickens. His descriptions of Victorian squalor definitely draws parallels with modern day Falkirk, do maybe I should be more empathetic 😆 

Just now, North West said:

Oh you found me out.

I am trying to improve my written English skills by reading Charles Dickens. His descriptions of Victorian squalor definitely draws parallels with modern day Falkirk, do maybe I should be more empathetic 😆 

You need to try harder. 

1 minute ago, North West said:

Oh you found me out.

Mate, I don't think you could be any more pathetic.