The Falkirk FC Thread

Not wishing to piss on most posters chips but it seems to be conveniently forgotten that we were struggling to fund the mens first team and academy not that long ago.

Now it seems we're flush with funds to support another team within the Falkirk  FC setup by crowdfunding it alongside the FSS, which still does not have the majority of the fan base as members.

The pie can only be cut so many ways and you can only go to the well so many times before it runs dry!

I'm all for the womens team and there has to be a solution found but simply saying that it should transfer to the remit of the football club is misguided IMO.

23 minutes ago, North West said:

I know it's a Celtic bar. I know the guy who runs it.

I thought he was a Falkirk fan. We used to take our bus to the Old Toll when he had that pub and he always said he supported Falkirk. 

His Facebook profile is him and his grand-daughter at the Billy McNeil statue.

He managed Grangemouth Celtic in the summer league in the 80’s.

He runs the Grangemouth CSC.

He’s never been a Falkirk fan.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

His Facebook profile is him and his grand-daughter at the Billy McNeil statue.

He managed Grangemouth Celtic in the summer league in the 80’s.

He runs the Grangemouth CSC.

He’s never been a Falkirk fan.

Fair enough.

Are his initials BH?

12 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Not wishing to piss on most posters chips but it seems to be conveniently forgotten that we were struggling to fund the mens first team and academy not that long ago.

Now it seems we're flush with funds to support another team within the Falkirk  FC setup by crowdfunding it alongside the FSS, which still does not have the majority of the fan base as members.

The pie can only be cut so many ways and you can only go to the well so many times before it runs dry!

I'm all for the womens team and there has to be a solution found but simply saying that it should transfer to the remit of the football club is misguided IMO.

Agreed. I’m all for the club supporting the women’s team via advertising games and helping find sponsorship etc, but I don’t think we’re in a position to be funding it at this stage.

There should maybe be an option for fans to donate directly. However, for me it’s not something we can be putting club funds towards.

There is an existential question to be asked here about the role of the club in the local community. Some fans would argue none, just focus on the first team and facilities and so as well as we can as a team. 

Others (me included) would like to see a thriving academy, women's team and more community outreach. The club should be anchored within the community. 

When my kids were at primary school, Fergus the Fox showed up and the schoolkids loved it. They all had a great time, it was fantastic to see the club doing something for local kids. This is part of the reason I despair when I see wee Falkirk kids wearing Old Firm tops. 

It isn't a football club that happens to be based in Falkirk; it's Falkirk football club. It should include all of the local community. How this is funded I don't know, others are better placed to say. But absolutely we should be supporting all forms of activity.

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Agreed. I’m all for the club supporting the women’s team via advertising games and helping find sponsorship etc, but I don’t think we’re in a position to be funding it at this stage.

There should maybe be an option for fans to donate directly. However, for me it’s not something we can be putting club funds towards.

I've never been a fan of women's football piggybacking on the men's game I've got to admit. Id much prefer too distinct and clear entity's and that includes who is running the game for either. That then stops all the arguements  that  always rear up about why this team are getting more money than the other team etc. The women's game funds the women's game and the men's game funds the men's game. 

A bit of witch hunting rearing its head again from the same select few regarding the Foundation. 

If we are to have a conversation about the Foundation and make accusations about its CEO then why not bring it up on a forum where no-one is hiding behind a username and allow your own character or agenda to be called in to question? Would only seem fair. 

The club wouldn't have got the grants for the pitch and floodlights if not for the Foundation. As Shadwell said too, the grant for the hub is solely for community use and won't affect any potential 4th and will provide a very useful facility for the community teams, one of which is the first downs syndrome teams.

The Foundation have been doing great work and getting recognised for it across the country. Some of the anti-Foundation stuff on here is shameful.

Edited by Dade

Stop all the moaning feck sake are they doing something to make Falkirk more notable yes they are , Are they looking for a fortune No . We are a community and all inclusive club from top to bottom , 

Everybody needs a help sometimes , give it a small chance to grow them maybe we have two Falkirk clubs to be proud of . 

3 minutes ago, Dade said:

A bit of witch hunting rearing its head again from the same select few regarding the Foundation. 

If we are to have a conversation about the Foundation and make accusations about its CEO then why not bring it up on a forum where no-one is hiding behind a username and allow your own character or agenda to be called in to question? Would only seem fair. 

The club wouldn't have got the grants for the pitch and floodlights if not for the Foundation. As Shadwell said too, the grant for the hub is solely for community use and won't affect any potential 4th and will provide a very useful facility for the community teams, one of which is the first downs syndrome teams.

The Foundation have been doing great work and getting recognised for it across the country. Some of the anti-Foundation stuff on here is shameful.

Why not just answer the points raised instead of labelling them as "shameful" and calling it a witch hunt? 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Prepare to lose 4-0, get denied a stonewall penalty at 0-0, and to see the entire post match discourse suffocated by Celtic moonhowlers complaining how Falkirk gave up 20 free kicks with no players booked and how it proves a mason conspiracy amongst referees.

My girlfriends got family who are Celtic mad (from Falkirk!) they can't understand how I don't like Celtic but completely get how I don't like rangers 🤣

36 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I agree, I would need to see the sums involved before I’d think diverting money from anywhere other than JM’s budget was a good idea.  Different if we were in the top flight and cash rich but as I say I’d want to see how much we are talking.