The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Hopefully doesn’t take too much off the away end. It’s that time of year when people want out of the house too so hopefully another sell out or close to a sell out. 

Their boiler will no doubt fail again 

11 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Not wishing to piss on most posters chips but it seems to be conveniently forgotten that we were struggling to fund the mens first team and academy not that long ago.

Now it seems we're flush with funds to support another team within the Falkirk  FC setup by crowdfunding it alongside the FSS, which still does not have the majority of the fan base as members.

The pie can only be cut so many ways and you can only go to the well so many times before it runs dry!

I'm all for the womens team and there has to be a solution found but simply saying that it should transfer to the remit of the football club is misguided IMO.

Why is it misguided? What does it cost to run a squad of amateur players annually? 

33 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I think the club need to come out and confirm the situation with Morrison. I don’t mean what’s going on, just the length of potential absence. 

Theres a boy called Ian Snedden on the Facebook group who is saying that FTV will be addressing it in the post match interview before Celtic.

Edited by JS_FFC

43 minutes ago, BPM said:

Why is it misguided? What does it cost to run a squad of amateur players annually? 

Correct not misguided at all, small change in the grand scheme of things and I would be very surprised if most if not all of the cost wasn’t able to be covered by sponsorship.

Great opportunity for companies to boost their involvement with the club for a relatively modest outlay.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Correct not misguided at all, small change in the grand scheme of things and I would be very surprised if most if not all of the cost wasn’t able to be covered by sponsorship.

Great opportunity for companies to boost their involvement with the club for a relatively modest outlay.

Pretty sure the Foundation would be happy for the club to run the women’s team but not entirely sure if it’s something the club would want to do at the moment as would take up money and resources.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Unfortunate if true but not really been missed so far.

Being very much the two most pertinent words in that particular sentence. And, if true, making it all the important that the manager is finally given the backing to bring in bodies to augment our painfully, painfully thin squad. Elastic can only be stretched so far, and the time is fast approaching when he's going to need to be allowed to do what every other manager in the division appears able to and actually sign one or two footballers. 

Just went to buy Raith tickets - 24 quid for a Scottish second tier match is a piss take btw. Saw Hamilton also 'listened to fan feedback' during the week and reduced their adult prices from £26 to... £25. 

For what it's worth, I know we charge £21. I do feel once you're over the 20 quid mark, every increase becomes more and more galling, even if - on paper - it is marginal. I'm also aware I'm totally pissing into the wind when it comes to ticket pricing chat, but there is no real need for a ticket to a Scottish Championship match to cost any more than £20.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

24 minutes ago, Dade said:

Pretty sure the Foundation would be happy for the club to run the women’s team but not entirely sure if it’s something the club would want to do at the moment as would take up money and resources.

I believe the womens team are largely self-funding now. Because if they weren't and were costing the Foundation money they probably wouldn't be allowed to exist. Though I'm happy to be corrected if you or anyone else knows otherwise. 

If the club took them on board there is the potential for FFC to help them with costs of things like team buses, training kit, video analysis, pitch hire fees, match balls, ref fees etc but as everyone involved is a volunteer I suspect those costs could be so low that they would have no impact on the running of the professional mens team. 

I don't think they need funds and the patronage of the club to exist. But the additional resources they would have access to would help them get better. Never mind having a professional commercial team to help them raise revenue instead of having to do it themselves after the coaches finish their day jobs.