The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

Deflection - Airdrie have nothing to do with the fact you got a tanning from a team that merely had to shift through the gears yet it's being lauded as a success. It's the old billy-big-time syndrome again. You think a team with Coll Donaldson, Gary Oliver and Michael McKenna is your ticket to the big time. It's why rival fans revel in your downfalls so much.

What a strange individual. We are proud that our team played well against the best team in Scotland who are also levels above anyone else and you come on and type this? You got beat 5-0 by a team in our division so I’d just keep quiet buddy

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A completely different, but now well in the conversation option for that role. He's had to be patient this season, but nothing has changed for Yeats. There's a star in the making there and to he as versatile as he is at his age is incredible. 

So would you start him ahead of Adams at RB, or Spencer/Tait at DM?  The only thing I can think is have him in for Oliver - but that would only be until Nesbit is fit.

1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

So would you start him ahead of Adams at RB, or Spencer/Tait at DM?  The only thing I can think is have him in for Oliver - but that would only be until Nesbit is fit.

No, but Adams is a special talent. Yeats is u lucky that there are, if we're honest, some very very good players in front of him, but he's very young and is an incredible prospect. 

Adams has overshadowed him on that score too because he is scarily good

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Agree. It's about laying the foundations now. Which, tbf, both our teams are doing. 

Yup, our fans are feeling quite down now but I think a lot of that is down to the injuries we’re getting and the fact that we’ve dropped points in three games. 

We’re still unbeaten though and the games we’ve drawn were games we’d have lost last season. We’re also still gelling a fairly new squad whereas McGlynn has had the benefit of working with the majority of his players for at least a year which I think makes a difference. 

Messaged my Celtic supporting husband at half time to say I didn't care how the game ended, I knew we would still probably lose but we had shown how good we were. From 5 years in a league one hell to going toe to toe with Celtic and actually being ahead, I couldn't believe it. The goals from MacIver and Yeats were phenomenal, Alfie outstanding, so proud of them all (I still shake my head in wonder at Keelan Adams playing lowland league last year).

I'm incredibly proud of my team tonight. They could have gone out and tried to shut up shop but would have been beaten lots-nil. Instead we had a go, played to win and had my heart bursting for most of the game. When we were 2-1 up, fans of other clubs were lining up to say how good we were. A bad few minutes later and the chin strokers were in giving it laldy. f**k em. They're not Bairns and can only ever live in our shadow.

COYB 

(And how proud was I to hear the Ultras belting it out the entire game!)

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Brendan Rodger’s has just said we’re the best side they have faced this season.

When Peter Houston was in charge we had an analyst at Falkirk called Greg Wallace. Nice lad who I got on well with. Ten minutes before kickoff he stepped out the Celtic dugout, walked up to me and asked how things were going. Turns out he's now a first team analyst at Celtic and has seen a lot of Falkirk as that's obviously part of his job. 

He thinks we'll win the league and says some of the football we're currently playing is superior to what Celtic are facing most weeks in the Premier League. Celtic seem to have a very high opinion of FFC right now. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

When Peter Houston was in charge we had an analyst at Falkirk called Greg Wallace. Nice lad who I got on well with. Ten minutes before kickoff he stepped out the Celtic dugout, walked up to me and asked how things were going. Turns out he's now a first team analyst at Celtic and has seen a lot of Falkirk as that's obviously part of his job. 

He thinks we'll win the league and says some of the football we're currently playing is superior to what Celtic are facing most weeks in the Premier League. Celtic seem to have a very high opinion of FFC right now. 

Give us some of their talent on loan then please 

2 minutes ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

Give us some of their talent on loan then please 

Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully they see us as a place their promising youngsters could come on and we might get some good talent from that. 

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Indeed, and went into the next stage. Did you?

He’s trolling because he knows if they don’t get up this year the cash cow will be well & truly milked as well as their manager away to highest bidder 😎

So, so, so f***ing proud of this team. We were magnificent for 70 mins today, but when the opposition have that much money to splash about, they are bound to find some gems, and be able to field strong teams no matter the competition.

Just hope big Ross is OK.

Edited by BillyBairn

1 hour ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

Deflection - Airdrie have nothing to do with the fact you got a tanning from a team that merely had to shift through the gears yet it's being lauded as a success. It's the old billy-big-time syndrome again. You think a team with Coll Donaldson, Gary Oliver and Michael McKenna is your ticket to the big time. It's why rival fans revel in your downfalls so much.

We did far better than your big team did mate…….keep the flag flying Jack….😉

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

No, but Adams is a special talent. Yeats is u lucky that there are, if we're honest, some very very good players in front of him, but he's very young and is an incredible prospect. 

Adams has overshadowed him on that score too because he is scarily good

For as good as Spencer and Tait have been, and Oliver is generally a tidy if unspectacular footballer, none really have the energy that Nesbitt provides. Having Finn in there brought that higher energy level which we needed today. Might be the way forward against the likes of Ayr, Livi etc. to win the midfield battle and let Taitinho do damage further up the park. 

Edited by mic_17_uk

46 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Rodgers said the same re video analysis. He was very complimentary in the post-match with Premier Sports.