The Falkirk FC Thread

That's us played everyone bar Hamilton and we know what they bring to the party. We are easily the best team I have seen in this league. Nothing to fear.

Livingston are well organised and physically strong. However they don't really have a goal threat as far as I can see. They will draw a lot of games. Ayr I think will fall away especially now Dowds is out Oakley is a good player but is made of chocolate so he will be in and out. Raith look bang average and Patrick hit and miss.

I think our main challenge might come from Queens Park. It is early days but we are right in the mix to win this never mind play offs.

Considering aswell our main goal threat has been out for weeks. Plus Lang, Donaldson, McIver sidelined.

Dunno what the score was not bringing in a striker. Heard talk of Wales and Cameron but obviously it didn't happen it needs addressed in January if we are serious about winning it.

Oliver is neat and tidy but not the answer, Shanley sorry is just miles off it. McKenna has been a major let down for me I would be looking to punt him out on loan in January. 

If we can bring in a couple of quality players in January we are the team to beat no two ways about it.

Also does anybody else feel for the boy on Falkirk TV doing the interviews? Jesus McGlynn can be a bit harsh on him. Always felt it was a bit tongue in cheek but I thought last night's interview was a bit nasty. Anyway maybe just me. Coyb.

15 hours ago, Dade said:

Growing the women’s game could work hand in hand with helping more women come to our matches and vice versa. Would see it as win-win rather than the men’s team losing out. Noone is talking about spending masses of cash either but just a small amount to help them to grow and become self sufficient. 

So your agenda is "growing the woman's game" ...feel free to continue doing that through the foundation...just don't expect Falkirk fans to contribute 

3 minutes ago, AriG-FFC said:

Also does anybody else feel for the boy on Falkirk TV doing the interviews? Jesus McGlynn can be a bit harsh on him. Always felt it was a bit tongue in cheek but I thought last night's interview was a bit nasty. Anyway maybe just me. Coyb.

Fully understand where you’re coming from, but tbf to McGlynn the interviewer does ask some silly contradictory questions. 
Last night you could probably throw in a bit of anger from JM, as he knew we should have won the game. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

So your agenda is "growing the woman's game" ...feel free to continue doing that through the foundation...just don't expect Falkirk fans to contribute 

It’s no more an agenda than anyone, like you, who doesn’t want to help the women’s team.

The FSS put out a statement regarding the women’s teams last season and although I disagreed with the need for it, it’s obvious some of our fans do care about the ladies team so you only speak for yourself. 

Edited by Dade

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Fully understand where you’re coming from, but tbf to McGlynn the interviewer does ask some silly contradictory questions. 
Last night you could probably throw in a bit of anger from JM, as he knew we should have won the game. 

Aye you are probably right. 

18 minutes ago, AriG-FFC said:

That's us played everyone bar Hamilton and we know what they bring to the party. We are easily the best team I have seen in this league. Nothing to fear.

Livingston are well organised and physically strong. However they don't really have a goal threat as far as I can see. They will draw a lot of games. Ayr I think will fall away especially now Dowds is out Oakley is a good player but is made of chocolate so he will be in and out. Raith look bang average and Patrick hit and miss.

I think our main challenge might come from Queens Park. It is early days but we are right in the mix to win this never mind play offs.

Considering aswell our main goal threat has been out for weeks. Plus Lang, Donaldson, McIver sidelined.

Dunno what the score was not bringing in a striker. Heard talk of Wales and Cameron but obviously it didn't happen it needs addressed in January if we are serious about winning it.

Oliver is neat and tidy but not the answer, Shanley sorry is just miles off it. McKenna has been a major let down for me I would be looking to punt him out on loan in January. 

If we can bring in a couple of quality players in January we are the team to beat no two ways about it.

Haven’t seen last night’s interview yet but fully agree there is no place for any nastiness/poor behaviour from anyone in the club towards staff/volunteers. We had enough of that under a previous manager.

Don’t think John is a nasty person at all so maybe just worth a quiet word from someone if that’s how it’s been coming across.

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Haven’t seen last night’s interview yet but fully agree there is no place for any nastiness/poor behaviour from anyone in the club towards staff/volunteers. We had enough of that under a previous manager.

Don’t think John is a nasty person at all so maybe just worth a quiet word from someone if that’s how it’s been coming across.

I agree I don't think he is. As said previously probably just frustrated. I was just taken back a bit when I saw him say about getting a grip. Didn't feel it was warranted. Storm in a tea cup to be fair I just felt for the boy. 

Just watched the interview. Absolutely nothing in that for me at all. No way can that "get a grip" be interpreted as being directed at anyone in particular and certainly not directly at the lad doing the questions. Nothing to see at all. 

Adam would make his life easier if he just asked a few open questions “what did you think of the game?” etc. McGlynn can talk all day and basically covers everything without Adam having to use his own opinion

12 minutes ago, AriG-FFC said:

...As said previously probably just frustrated. I was just taken back a bit when I saw him say about getting a grip...

As I alluded to in my post earlier, the formation of the question albeit innocently is perpetuating a pre-occupation with unbeaten runs.

Everything now seems to be measured against that which is unrealistic and John's making a forceful - if clumsy - point that success shouldn't purely be measured on that as he goes on to explain.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just watched the interview. Absolutely nothing in that for me at all. No way can that "get a grip" be interpreted as being directed at anyone in particular and certainly not directly at the lad doing the questions. Nothing to see at all. 

I have just rewatched to be fair and would probably agree. I thought the get a grip was directed at Adam on first watch. 

I think we saw last night what many had feared.
The loss of Ross MacIver for several weeks will cost us points. But this is not in any way to denigrate the ability of Oliver or Shanley, it’s just they don’t have similar physique, strength or ability as Ross in the CF role.

It would seem we approached Killie about the loan availability of Innes Cameron or Bobby Wales, but Killie would rather they remain on the bench or have 10 minute cameo roles week in week out. 
I touched on this topic last night in appraising Luke Graham and the lad himself confirmed in a post match interview. He’s well aware to develop he needs playing time, in a good footballing team combined with excellent coaching /training. 
These days, under John & Paul, Falkirk provide that in spades.

Just how Kilmarnock, and probably more pertinently Derek McInnes, expect Innes Cameron or more pertinently Bobby Wales to develop with only a smidgeon of first team football is anyone’s guess. 
But, here’s the rub.
McInnes (or a similar in his position) couldn’t give two hoots about individual player development of non first team starters, when the end of their own career is only 4 successive defeats away.

So, for now we’re stuck doing the best we can until MacIver returns and regains full match fitness. And using CM7 as a guide, that may be longer than we’d like.

15 minutes ago, AriG-FFC said:

I have just rewatched to be fair and would probably agree. I thought the get a grip was directed at Adam on first watch. 

Yeah it just seemed to me like McGlynn sort of running away with himself as he is prone to doing. It's almost like he's created a scenario where some people are a bit unrealistic in their expectations and he's tempering them, but its all happening in his own head, whilst vocalising it all at the same time 🤣

Think mcglynn was fully expecting Adam to open with congratulations on going top of the league and was pissed off when he didn't. 😆

On the 'get a grip' comment I think that was half directed at himself and maybe the players feeling frustrated about not taking the 3 points when they have went top of the league. He was obviously raging about that goal so maybe trying to give himself a bit of perspective. 

Edited by GMBairn

Take 2 minutes off camera beforehand and agree the questions and potential answers, simples. John even to tell Adam the questions that he wants him to ask. It's an inhouse piece so shouldn't be any issues with this and saves any fallouts.

Henry Kissinger Quote: “Does anyone have any questions for my answers?”

Christ I watched that interview and didn't think at any point was John getting on at the interviewer. I'm surprised  anyone would think that. Mental what people can sometimes pick up from things. To me he was including himself when he said that. He was obviously disappointed we hadn't got a result but emphasising that we should all including him be very satisfied with where we are.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, Shabba said:

Adam would make his life easier if he just asked a few open questions “what did you think of the game?” etc. McGlynn can talk all day and basically covers everything without Adam having to use his own opinion

This. Think Adam does a great job, but simpler open questions, instead of a leading question and especially no mention of unbeaten runs.

McGlynn's interviews are brilliant, I watch every one of them, he's very honest and communicates very well with the fans. I think back to Hartley et al, awful.

1 hour ago, HonestAl said:

I think we saw last night what many had feared.
The loss of Ross MacIver for several weeks will cost us points. But this is not in any way to denigrate the ability of Oliver or Shanley, it’s just they don’t have similar physique, strength or ability as Ross in the CF role.

It would seem we approached Killie about the loan availability of Innes Cameron or Bobby Wales, but Killie would rather they remain on the bench or have 10 minute cameo roles week in week out. 
I touched on this topic last night in appraising Luke Graham and the lad himself confirmed in a post match interview. He’s well aware to develop he needs playing time, in a good footballing team combined with excellent coaching /training. 
These days, under John & Paul, Falkirk provide that in spades.

Just how Kilmarnock, and probably more pertinently Derek McInnes, expect Innes Cameron or more pertinently Bobby Wales to develop with only a smidgeon of first team football is anyone’s guess. 
But, here’s the rub.
McInnes (or a similar in his position) couldn’t give two hoots about individual player development of non first team starters, when the end of their own career is only 4 successive defeats away.

So, for now we’re stuck doing the best we can until MacIver returns and regains full match fitness. And using CM7 as a guide, that may be longer than we’d like.

Heard the Wales and Cameron rumours as well, your right, Mcinnes isn’t doing the lads any favours development wise keeping them on the bench but then blocking potential loan moves where they’d get valuable minutes but Kilmarnock haven’t started the season fantastically and his mindset is probably more of his own short term preservation than longer term club / player development. He’ll be wanting every playing option he has available to him to call on if needed regardless of the longer term benefits to the player. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.