The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Where do we play Taiwo McKee Aird and Craigen? A nice problem to have considering our earlier performances

I take it by that, you're automatically starting Hippo wide left and Sibbald through the middle, and keeping Kerr benched?  Agree with all of that!

I've not seen Aird so I'll reserve judgement, but I'd be inclined to go with McKee and Craigen on current form.  Could add in Taiwo and go 5 across midfield against bigger teams.

I take it by that, you're automatically starting Hippo wide left and Sibbald through the middle, and keeping Kerr benched?  Agree with all of that!
I've not seen Aird so I'll reserve judgement, but I'd be inclined to go with McKee and Craigen on current form.  Could add in Taiwo and go 5 across midfield against bigger teams.

Yes. Hippo has been outstanding in that position and teams are starting to fear him. Sibbald is in his natural position for once and thriving. Dropping any of the other two midfielders from today would be harsh as they were excellent but so was McKee on his debut and Aird on his. Kerr must be our man on the bench I think as he could be a valuable sub if we need to defend a lead

I can't see any reason to change a winning team outwith injuries or suspensions to be honest. Difficult to judge considering our past couple of opponents though and I don't mean to discredit our performances at all by saying that. I thought yesterday would have been a test to see if we really have improved but utd are pish. The real questions will my answered on Saturday in my opinion.

Feet on the ground for me. We have been excellent last two weeks but next week is huge. Win next week and I would almost put us favourites for 2nd considering how easily we batted Utd away yesterday. Looks like another exciting 3 or 4 months ahead.

Feet on the ground for me. We have been excellent last two weeks but next week is huge. Win next week and I would almost put us favourites for 2nd considering how easily we batted Utd away yesterday. Looks like another exciting 3 or 4 months ahead.

Agree with this.

Win & 2nd place at least is game on! The only team that will stop Hibs winning this league is themselves & IF that were to happen, we need to be in 2nd place to take advantage.

Thankfully Houston has stopped pissing about with the defence and gone back to the back 4 that were the best in the league till Grant got crocked last season. As I've said Watson never been a favourite of mine as when he's playing with anyone apart from Grant he seems to struggle. The two of them together though are solid. Shame about baird as he's been scoring for fun recently but with Austin fit again we have options. 

I think we can all agree that it needs to be two up front to get the best out of any of our strikers. The back 4 and keeper is settled and looks very solid now that Gasparotto is out the picture. Sibbald and Hippo pick themselves in the middle and on the left respectively. The rest of the midfield is an open discussion - for me just now it'd definitely be Taiwo, and probably Craigen since he's in possession of the jersey and he is our best set piece taker. His form has improved in the last couple of games in fairness to him. Miller and Baird would play for me if fit, if Baird is done for a few weeks I'd give Austin a go and keep Big Match Bob as the impact sub. 

For me next week, if everyone is fit:

Rogers

Muirhead Grant Watson Leahy

Craigen Taiwo Sibbald Hippolyte

Miller Baird

Subs: Thomson, McCracken, Aird, Kerr, McKee, Austin, McHugh

Plenty options off the bench to change the game in an attacking sense. If Kerr or McKee can't make it then give a spot on the bench to Gallagher.

Edited by Marshmallo

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Gallagher, Kidd, O'Hara, Gasparotto, Shepherd not even in the matchday squad. Chat about Houston having no money to spend is nonsense.

Still no idea why he brought o'hara back just after he'd settled into a game for east Fife.  He'd be far better playing for them instead of our u20's.

Thankfully Houston has stopped pissing about with the defence and gone back to the back 4 that were the best in the league till Grant got crocked last season. As I've said Watson never been a favourite of mine as when he's playing with anyone apart from Grant he seems to struggle. The two of them together though are solid. Shame about baird as he's been scoring for fun recently but with Austin fit again we have options. 

As long as Craigen isn't playing though.

Feet still firmly on the ground, we have won three games since the Morton away debacle. The reason is we have played the bottom club St Mirren, Fifers who played as if they were bottom and a utd team who played as if they were blindfolded. The best performance v us in the three games was St Mirren and apart from our superb performance yesterday, the st mirren game we were professional and the fifers game we were in 2nd gear.

The best or worst has still to come from Aird and McKee but one thing for sure is Sibbald is putting in performances weekly since the Morton game, I'm sure a settled back four with Grant getting up to scratch is a major key, pre the St Mirren game our defence with Grant and without him looked like we would average at least a goal a game loss each game.

The board should get their finger out and get contracts out for players who should still be here next season, a Sibbald one pre the next UTD or Morton would boost morale

42 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The board should get their finger out and get contracts out for players who should still be here next season, a Sibbald one pre the next UTD or Morton would boost morale

The press asked Sibbalds future  in a media conference recently and it was stated that he had been offered a new contract. I know he's not the only one.

The club don't publicise contract offers until they've been accepted, though if someone asks a specific question in a public forum they'll often get an answer. Which is why, from memory, it was discovered at the AGM a year ago that Alston had been offered a new deal.

You're unlikely to hear anything until the players sign extensions. And how long that takes is up to them and their agents.

Gallagher, Kidd, O'Hara, Gasparotto, Shepherd not even in the matchday squad. Chat about Houston having no money to spend is nonsense.

Looks ok bar you having McCracken in instead of Gasparotto. I'd doubt we'll see Cracks in a first team jersey (barring injuries).

Great performance from the off yesterday. No failures. Leahys distribution at times was poor and still think Muirhead is a better CB but took his penalty well in the corner. Grant is back to his commanding best and was unlucky with a header that their keeper did well to keep out. Austin is built like Shepherd but is far more effective. I would start him if Baird still struggling. Craigen was excellent, pleased for the lad he got a goal. Sibbald always beats his man in tight situations. Onwards and upwards, shame it's taken so long for us to have a settled team. COYB