The Falkirk FC Thread

The club want him to sign longer than a one year deal.

If you were him would you sign a year with a year's option which means Falkirk can command a fee again next summer.? The lad owes the club nothing. No one was prepared to pay a fee now so why would anyone next summer. Our Board are utterly clueless or just want him gone.

Sibbs just wants to get back playing.

What chance he walks away, signs elsewhere and a tribunal sorts it out in about 18 months as per Mark Stewart?

If our Board genuinely want to go up why would this be dragging on? No one will tell me our he would not enhance our squad greatly.

We have made some hopeless calls over the years, this one takes the buscuit.

If you were him would you sign a year with a year's option which means Falkirk can command a fee again next summer.? The lad owes the club nothing. No one was prepared to pay a fee now so why would anyone next summer. Our Board are utterly clueless or just want him gone.

What chance he walks away, signs elsewhere and a tribunal sorts it out in about 18 months as per Mark Stewart?

If our Board genuinely want to go up why would this be dragging on? No one will tell me our he would not enhance our squad greatly.

To be honest I would be happy if he just signed for the year and f*ck the fee.

In my opinion and I know it's not everyone's we have more chance of going up with Sibbs in the squad. It's worth the risk of letting him leave for nothing at the end of next season if he would sign for a season.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The mark Stewart saga was different due to when his birthday fell and the different times that the English and Scottish seasons finished. If he signs elsewhere they know they have to pay compo and it will be dealt with in the normal way .  He'll need to make his mind up soon  whatever he's going to do because I presume he's got no income.

Well I did say that pre season games are meaningless unless you can turn it on in the big games and unfortunately we were found badly wanting today. Defensively we were an utter shambles and Harris, McKee and Kerr were all very poor. Lot of work needing done if we're going to do anything this season. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Who plays RB next week? Finlayson or is Kidd close to fit?

Is Aero looking at 3 games for that?

Just saw the post-match interview no mention of Finlayson but Kidd isn't fit, Loy could be a cracked rib and watson was hobbling a bit. Tuesday's line up could be interesting.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Loy out for weeks is a bit of a nightmare as Houston seems reluctant to play Austin and another young striker so likely see Miller starting games which he is clearly not fit for anymore

he could play hippo up front harris on the left and jimmy c on the right. chance of that is zero though

2 minutes ago, spratte said:

i see the die has been cast unlike you to be so judgemental based on one game....

No but other folk were asking me if I was seething after he played ok against Stirling albion. Games like today are what it's all about. We need players who can turn it on in them and not the forfars and not against the forfars and Stirling Albions of this world.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

As usual btw, some of the shouts from our support today were horrendous. Harris, Hippo, Shepherd Muirhead IIRC all were berated by someone behind me for checking back and retaining possession instead of "skinning him".

I think the problem is we have an overtendency to do that. Very rarely do any of our players ever try and knock it past someone which St Mirren continually done to us today.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

As usual btw, some of the shouts from our support today were horrendous. Harris, Hippo, Shepherd Muirhead IIRC all were berated by someone behind me for checking back and retaining possession instead of "skinning him".

That won't change ever. We always have that element.

You see it on here with people being desperate for the likes of Harris and Craigen to fail so they can say they were right.

f**k sake can we not all just support whatever players are picked.

Without context this means nothing tbh. Was it one on one with grass to run into?

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No wonder. I'm fed up having wide right players that won't even attempt to beat a man. Morgan didn't run up to Gallacher and then stop and cut it back he ran him ragged. We should've been doing the same to stelios.

It's usually the same people that moan like f**k when a player tries to take it past their man but it doesn't come off.

That won't change ever. We always have that element.
You see it on here with people being desperate for the likes of Harris and Craigen to fail so they can say they were right.
f**k sake can we not all just support whatever players are picked.

Let's start my granny up front with Taylor Morgan on Tuesday then. You can cheer them and be the best fan.