The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, ka202 said:

See when you shut your eyes do you have the green writing coming down in pages and pages of text like the matrix?

I expect thats probably funny but as I have never seen any of The Matrix films the reference is going over my head.

:(

Edited by Skyline Drifter

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

A bigger more realistic question is does Thomson deserve dropped after todays performance ?

He was helped with ICT placing all their shots straight at him but his handling and overall game was better than previous games, I

I've never seen a keeper so absolutely determined to do well as Thomson today, from holding up the rest of the team's warm-up whilst he got more time with the goalkeeping coach to grabbing the ball from the ref before kick off. Completely focused and hardly put a foot wrong.

Edited by NewBornBairn

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Am I now right in saying the only person remaining at the club to have played at Brockville will be Paul Hartley?

End of an era, now every player for us vurrent or presumably future knows Falkirk only at our current home.

Did Hartley play at Brockville??  Can't remember him at all

13 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I've never seen a keeper so absolutely determined to do well as Thomson today, from holding up the rest of the team's warm-up whilst he got more time with the goalkeeping coach to grabbing the ball from the ref before kick off. Completely focused and hardly put a foot wrong.

Competition for places?

Good thing with bringing in the new keeper is it’s hopefully given him the wee kick up the arse he’s needed. His best form for us came when he was keeping Rogers out the side so hopefully we see that again. Should he stay as number one past this week that is

Was it 12pts we overturned Hibs to finish 2nd......?
We are no where near the finishing in the play offs for me, we needed the team to crack on when Hartley was appointed to do so but its onwards and upwards for now, just not that as high as the opposite play offs we were destined for a few weeks ago
Never say never and in football terms, wont be impossible till pts v games say it is
A bigger more realistic question is does Thomson deserve dropped after todays performance ?
He was helped with ICT placing all their shots straight at him but his handling and overall game was better than previous games, I suppose part of it may depends on the pressure that is placed on the loan as we have found in the past that some managers will put pressure on that if a player is loaned to them they expect them to play

Tbh, the one thing I like about Thomson is his distribution of the ball. Also I actually can’t think of a keeper at the moment who can kick the ball deeper into the opponents half.
I don’t think he should be dropped until he screws up. Did as well as could be expected today.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Can any Bairns throw some light on the rumours about Hyppolyte possibly moving to St Mirren.

Been said for weeks in our circles but if I were  you lot I'd highly doubt you need that right now.

He likes an injury and if this happens it's  better for us than you 

4 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Possible, he’s not really suited to our system and is now behind Nelson, Longridge, The Jak and O’Hara.

Don't think he's behind O'Hara, I think if he'd been fit he'd have been on the bench yesterday.

Personally I'd like to keep him as we're not relying on him now and he certainly brings something different to the team. (Not necessarily good but different)

Don't think he's behind O'Hara, I think if he'd been fit he'd have been on the bench yesterday.
Personally I'd like to keep him as we're not relying on him now and he certainly brings something different to the team. (Not necessarily good but different)

Plus he’s an actual falkirk player instead of a loan signing. I agree though Falkirk used to rely too heavily on Hippolyte, if he was shite then falkirk were shite. The pressure will be off hippo, to an extent, he’s still one of the most skilful players at the club maybe along side sibbald.

28 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Plus he’s an actual falkirk player instead of a loan signing. I agree though Falkirk used to rely too heavily on Hippolyte, if he was shite then falkirk were shite. The pressure will be off hippo, to an extent, he’s still one of the most skilful players at the club maybe along side sibbald.

I actually think hippo would be a good option in Sibbs role behind the strikers, not sure I can think anyone else would be able to.

On 1/27/2018 at 10:43, Super Tuesday said:

You're sitting on the fence a bit with Loy, go on, tell us how you really feel.

@Back Post Misses Did you see Loy doing the small hurdles at the dugout?

The most lethargic exercise I've seen, thought you could be bursting a blood vessel if you saw it.

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

Hippo was most folks poty last season till he want AWOL. 

He does have a lot of talent in him but doubt Hartley will put up with him if his attitude is questionable, Houston had a few issues with him.

If we are sticking with the 3-5-2 formation most weeks, the only place will be up top for him and I don't think he is as effective there.

If St Mirren are  interested, it would be minimal fee for a player who is a bench player for us as it stands

Guest Back Post Misses
[mention=17582]Back Post Misses[/mention] Did you see Loy doing the small hurdles at the dugout?
The most lethargic exercise I've seen, thought you could be bursting a blood vessel if you saw it.

A bit of a Coors Light haze yesterday and I was so engrossed in our Barca esc 2nd half performance ???? to notice anything this waste of a wage was doing.