The Falkirk FC Thread

He was certainly late with the challenge and never got anywhere near the ball. Whether he deliberately tried to butt Nelson or just couldn`t avoid the challenge at that point is the question.
nelson.thumb.jpg.fcab02ccfebca1b96c2fc5af829136e0.jpg

Middle pic quite clearly shows he’s looking at the man and not the ball.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
Guys I don't mean to alarm anyone but I am very scared that Dumbarton will catch us emoji20.pngemoji20.png

Hindsight is fucking magic eh

Well no, because I outlined this entire scenario during the week and offered you money on your desired, bed wetting outcome. 

What happens between now and the rest of the season will have absolutely no bearing on next season, whether we are equally as shit or we improve.
Aye. Players perceiving it as job done, boys only on contract till the end of the season, hard run of games, possibility that Hartley has started voicing his thoughts on personnel movements...

Performances now are secondary to scraping over the line and sorting out the squad. We all had a bit of fun post January but really its been a slog.

Cant quite believe for are talking about emptying Hartley.

15 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
What’s odds you offering now?

Well three weeks ago, he was saying we were going to take 8 points off of Dumbarton, but curiously, he didn’t offer a bet on that one, and has never mentioned it again. I wonder why? 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

What happens between now and the rest of the season will have absolutely no bearing on next season, whether we are equally as shit or we improve.

It does when every place you end up further up the table gets you more cash and when performances could influence whether fans renew season tickets.  Our budget will be down 260k prize money for next season which is a fair dunt.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Aye. Players perceiving it as job done, boys only on contract till the end of the season, hard run of games, possibility that Hartley has started voicing his thoughts on personnel movements....

I must admit, it crossed my mind that he may have started to make some players aware this week based on the dropping in the level of performance.

I was critical of that approach pre Xmas (although we don’t really know if it was the case that he revealed his plans early then either), but if he has again, without good reason, it would be poor management imo.

It does when every place you end up further up the table gets you more cash and when performances could influence whether fans renew season tickets.  Our budget will be down 260k prize money for next season which is a fair dunt.

Not sure it’s as much as that. We’ll have budgeted for 4th (again) and the difference between 4th & 8th (hopefully worse case) is £118k.

2 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

What’s odds you offering now?

33/1

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well three weeks ago, he was saying we were going to take 8 points off of Dumbarton, but curiously, he didn’t offer a bet on that one, and has never mentioned it again. I wonder why? 

Fck up you boring old wa nker

Edited by Marshmallo

34 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not sure it’s as much as that. We’ll have budgeted for 4th (again) and the difference between 4th & 8th (hopefully worse case) is £118k.

2nd place is 400k odd. 8th place is 190k. Thats a deficit in our accounts of 200k odd which we can ill afford to lose going by recent agms figures.It will swallow up most of the savings from the academy / under 20s and surely restrict the amount of cash available to the manager.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2nd place is 400k odd. 8th place is 190k. Thats a deficit in our accounts of 200k odd which we can ill afford to lose going by recent agms figures.It will swallow up most of the savings from the academy / under 20s and surely restrict the amount of cash available to the manager.

We won’t have budgeted for 2nd though, we normally budget for 4th which is a prize fund of £308k. 8th place is £190k.

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

We won’t have budgeted for 2nd though, we normally budget for 4th which is a prize fund of £308k. 8th place is £190k.

It doesnt matter what we budgeted for. Our accounts showed a sizeable loss last season with 400 odd k in them from prize money not 308k. It therefore goes that if we only have 190k in them from prize money the chances are that any loss is going to be just as big if not bigger. I would think that most of us hoped that the savings from the academy and u20s would be getting added to the budget for next season but i cant see that happening if weve got a 200k plus hole in the accounts to start with not to mention the increased chance that season tickets will undountedly take a hit after the dreadful season we have just had. The chances are that we may end up with no academy or u20s side and no more of a budget for the manager or dread to think even less of a budget for the manager next season.

It doesnt matter what we budgeted for. Our accounts showed a sizeable loss last season with 400 odd k in them from prize money not 308k. It therefore goes that if we only have 190k in them from prize money the chances are that any loss is going to be just as big if not bigger. I would think that most of us hoped that the savings from the academy and u20s would be getting added to the budget for next season but i cant see that happening if weve got a 200k plus hole in the accounts to start with not to mention the increased chance that season tickets will undountedly take a hit after the dreadful season we have just had. The chances are that we may end up with no academy or u20s side and no more of a budget for the manager or dread to think even less of a budget for the manager next season.

Does anyone on here who had a season ticket last season not plan to renew this season?
It’s been a terrible season but we know we will have pretty much a new team next season under Hartley, so it’s a season that could go to either extreme.
I would expect that most of our ST holders will be up for that.