The Falkirk FC Thread

Obviously not great losing one of our better players but if he wants to leave then it's better to let him than force him to stay. He will finally get his chance in the premier league with livi and we will see if he can make the step up.

It will be interesting to see the next midfield signings now from Hartley.

Reading the fury on twitter from fans really baffles me. Why the f**k would we want to keep a player who doesn't want to stay. Even if we activated the other year in his contract if Sibbs has said he wanted to leave why would we try to keep him.

He has been a good servant and I wish him well at his new club in the SPFL but we move on.

Two sides to every story

Unsure if Falkirk fans spewing about this news is funnier than those pretending they don't care.
Fair play to those spinning losing your side's best player as good news though. Your club is lucky to have such loyal wee soldiers x

The club play on it too

A mess of our own making. I am more angry at our incompetence and they shameful way we have turned this on the player to shut most people up more than anything.

Anyone seeing that statement anything more than damage limitation needs to think long and hard.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

A mess of our own making. I am more angry at our incompetence and they shameful way we have turned this on the player to shut most people up more than anything.

Anyone seeing that statement anything more than damage limitation needs to think long and hard.

This x100. The "GTF" shouts for a player who was thrown in at the deep end at 16 yo and has given us the best part of a decade of decent service are beyond embarrassing, as is the "doesn't want to play for us" narrative which is already being spread around and lapped up by the usual club lickspittles and sycophants. 

They'll announce the signing of some jobber who cannot get a game for Port Vale/Tranmere Rovers/Maidenhead United in the next couple of days, sending the easily-pleased masses into a frenzy, even though they have never heard of him or seen him play. If he considered a "looker" by those best placed to judge such things, all the better.

#OnlyAt Falkirk

Absolutely this.
Folk having a go at Sibbs who has stuck with us for a good few years now whilst we have struggled to make it over the line should really think again rather than have a go at him.
He goes with my best wishes irrespective of whether I think it’s the wrong move...

One Paul Hartley. :wub:

If he’s treated Sibbs badly (and it’s definitely a big if) that’s poor management of a good servant to the club more than anything else.
It may also be an indication of how he is perceived by some of the squad, so i’d reserve judgement for now....

41 minutes ago, brokeville said:

I’m really surprised he’s joined Livingston as it’s impossible to play silky football on the Livy pitch. It really doesn’t suit him. Xx

Just as well were laying the same pitch your lot play their silky football on.