The Falkirk FC Thread

Friendlies are for getting yourselves up to speed and gelling as a team, as long as we're not getting skelped 10-0 then I really don't care. 

The sole exception to that is Falkirk 2-1 Ajax which was as competitive and serious as any game ever played. 

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

35 days until the start of the new season - the time it took Frederick Forsyth to write The Day of the Jackal. 

Hows about 90mins. The time it took this season before people wrote off our chances of promotion and slagged off this years signings. It was a last munute kickabout with a brand new team against a side playing in the champions league next week. Even a moany faced old b*****d like me isnt giving two hoots over the result or performance.

I think we all need to just take a step back and have a wee think. It's a new day, the players will be back at training, PH will have a better idea of tactics and players and the run out will have helped the players get used to each other. 

The last thing we as fans need to do is start turning on each other, this isn't other threads I could mention. So we all need to relax. There's a long way to go before the season is even close to starting. 

Today in history: 

1971 The crew of Soviet spacecraft “Soyuz 11” dies after the loss of air supply

The cause of the tragedy was a faulty valve. The three cosmonauts had previously achieved the first docking of a spacecraft to a space station in history.

There are worse things in the world than losing a game of football. 

11 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Today in history: 

The cause of the tragedy was a faulty valve. The three cosmonauts had previously achieved the first docking of a spacecraft to a space station in history.

One green dot = one respect 

Just now, Trump said:

Folk telling people to calm down, I think it’s only one troll who’s complained about the performance and the rest of us have been pretty reasonable/realistic about it. They’ve played a blinder.

One person complained and half the thread lost its collective shit. Hence we need to calm down. 

From what i read last night its not so much a comment but the way i think it was put, It just seems like some posters dont like Hartley whether its they way some players were ejected from the club last season or they just dont like the guy for no apparent reason.  I still think Hartley could win the league the Irn Bru cup the Scottish Cup and there would still be folk calling the guy down.

Bit of perspective though we all want to win every game but the fact is we have more or less an entire new team some players are adapting to different playing style some are making a move from playing part time to full time.  It was a meaning less friendly and if you basing a season on one meaningless friendly then you need to have a word with yourself

Edited by AL-FFC

49 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Today in history: 

Was that the one where they had the transcripts of the cosmonauts last words? Harrowing reading. 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Was that the one where they had the transcripts of the cosmonauts last words? Harrowing reading. 

Sadly no, Soyuz 11 cried died within seconds when the atmosphere was sucked into space. You might be thinking of this one https://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2011/05/02/134597833/cosmonaut-crashed-into-earth-crying-in-rage?ft=1&f=1026

From what i read last night its not so much a comment but the way i think it was put, It just seems like some posters dont like Hartley whether its they way some players were ejected from the club last season or they just dont like the guy for no apparent reason.  I still think Hartley could win the league the Ian Bru cup the Scottish Cup and there would still be folk calling the guy down.

Bit of perspective though we all want to win every game but the fact is we have more or less an entire new team some players are adapting to different playing style some are making a move from playing part time to full time.  It was a meaning less friendly and if you basing a season on one meaningless friendly then you need to have a word with yourself

'Ian Bru' laughed too much at this.

Long suffering Bairn can’t be a middle aged woman because she calls players by their last name. Alias outed.
Not entirely sure any Bairns fan can call themselves long suffering either. Wev had our share of highs for a diddy team and tbh, not really any of the shite that Pars, Morton, Livi fans etc have had to go through.

Shite alias outed. Oot ye come Jimmy.

I am she not he.  Please stop the personal attacks.  Have a little decency.

There is no personal attacks. No-one is addressing you personally. Like 99.9% of forum posters, you have adopted the persona of “Long Suffering Bairn”.
If indeed there is any sort of attack, it is aimed solely at LSB, not you the person.
If someone knew and decided to reveal your true identity, that would be a different story.
Since that has happened, there can be no such thing as a personal attack against you.

24 minutes ago, ka202 said:

'Ian Bru' laughed too much at this.

Note to self remember iPad has auto correct and proof read before posting  ffs who the f**k thought auto correct was a good idea anyway 

If you go to the report on the OS, we apparently won 1-0 last night! Also, we were playing the old Saints not the new ones. 
So that commentator is a lying b*****d. I bet he isn't even going on a road trip to TNS Champions League tie the c**t.