The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Yep, I don't buy the money thing either.

Did St Mirren have a higher playing budget last year than we do this year? I doubt it.

We've just bought badly, and not appointed the right manager. Jack Ross wouldn't have had half these guys in his reserves. 

Did St Mirren rebuild their whole team, or had they kept the core of the team that came down? 

I feel the difference between us and them is that someone in Paisley knows what the fuckitty they are doing. 

personally i dont think hartley will be be punted by the bod. they have gave him free reign to get us promoted. losing the academy investing the academy funds to the 1st team, allowed him to punt vitually full squad inc some players such as miller and sibbald ( i know he wanyted to try playing a higher level but im sure he could have been persuaded to stay by right guy) and possibly longridge to some extent on his new vision and team. big big gamble which i thought if this comes off..ya dancer!  however after reality has given me a quick kick in the balls and the mess now left of the team. only change will happen if he walks, which will depend on his character and ego, which i believe he has an abundance of, so probably wont happen. i cant see us turning it around with the team we have or with hartleys experimental tactics.... but i suppose time will tell....but how long is needed, this team have played over a dozen games together and still look as if they met the night before at 3am outside the tartell.

please santa i know its early but can i have a decent striker for the team and a forward looking creative midfielder please, ooo and maybe a pacy centre half , oh and a right back.

thanks.

personally i dont think hartley will be be punted by the bod. they have gave him free reign to get us promoted. losing the academy investing the academy funds to the 1st team, allowed him to punt vitually full squad inc some players such as miller and sibbald ( i know he wanyted to try playing a higher level but im sure he could have been persuaded to stay by right guy) and possibly longridge to some extent on his new vision and team. big big gamble which i thought if this comes off..ya dancer!  however after reality has given me a quick kick in the balls and the mess now left of the team. only change will happen if he walks, which will depend on his character and ego, which i believe he has an abundance of, so probably wont happen. i cant see us turning it around with the team we have or with hartleys experimental tactics.... but i suppose time will tell....but how long is needed, this team have played over a dozen games together and still look as if they met the night before at 3am outside the tartell.
please santa i know its early but can i have a decent striker for the team and a forward looking creative midfielder please, ooo and maybe a pacy centre half , oh and a right back.
thanks.
Oh and Santa once you are done delivering our new star players could you please fill your sack with some of our duds and drop them off at EEP, that's a good chap [emoji318]

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

Did St Mirren rebuild their whole team, or had they kept the core of the team that came down? 

I feel the difference between us and them is that someone in Paisley knows what the fuckitty they are doing. 

They replaced the majority who were there when ross arrived. He managed to get some real quality in in the likes of mcginn and davies who were then the spine of his championship winning side. Mart from robson who he wont play and mediocrity in the likes of muirhead and kidd we've not kept any of the players that helped get us  out the hole we were in last season.  Whilst avoiding relegation was the priority there had to be some sort of  longer term planning when recruiting players but it would seem not and thats causing problems this season due to the number of new players we've needed.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They replaced the majority who were there when ross arrived. He managed to get some real quality in in the likes of mcginn and davies who were then the spine of his championship winning side. Mart from robson who he wont play and mediocrity in the likes of muirhead and kidd we've not kept any of the players that helped get us  out the hole we were in last season.  Whilst avoiding relegation was the priority there had to be some sort of  longer term planning when recruiting players but it would seem not and thats causing problems this season due to the number of new players we've needed.

I was about to say McGhee but he's even managed to find positions for him to look terrible now as well.

Do we have any idea the extent of the injuries picked up against the **** and whether Haber is fit?

Much as I hate the current rush to judgement, the time Hartley has had between games, and the obviousness of the errors in the first 2 games do give this weekend a bit of a make or break feel.