The Falkirk FC Thread

It would be really interesting how this came about, you would usually presume a manager just in the door wouldn't be thought about by a similar sized club doing worse at the same level.   
He still has to work with that squad though :unsure:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Any c**t that seriously wants Alex Harris to start tomorrow can get right in the fucking sea.

If it was a toss between Harris and Petravicious I’d have Harris everyday of the week, he might be a shitebag and have serious confidence issues but he can at least play football.

I have seen nothing from petravicious to suggest he’s even seen a football before, even against Alloa in the pre season, I saw him with his socks pulled right up over his knees, white boots on, looking like the fucking ticket. He dribbles Down the right wing, 3 or 4 step overs when there was about 4 or 5 easy passes he could make. Alloa defender then just takes the ball from him, not a tackle, not a shoulder charge, he just takes the ball.

I was sitting there thinking to myself who’s this fucking clown?

Fasan 

Robson
McGhee
Muirhead
Russell

Greenwood
Sammut
McKee
Irving

Haber
Lewis

To be honest haven't a clue and don't think anyone else will get it right.

This. Maybe put Irving in for Sammut but yes that’s pretty much what I’d go for.

It's a toss up between two gutless fucking sand dancers. At least Harris has played at this level. I'm still not  sure what the f**k Sammut thinks he is doing.

Get Dunne, Greenwood, Russell/Robson, Lewis all playing wide before we even entertain the thought of Harris getting in the squad.

If it was a toss between Harris and Petravicious I’d have Harris everyday of the week, he might be a shitebag and have serious confidence issues but he can at least play football.

He can? Didn’t show it at all last season.

Just because Petravicius has been shite so far doesn’t mean we should be bringing Harris back in.

He can? Didn’t show it at all last season.

Just because Petravicius has been shite so far doesn’t mean we should be bringing Harris back in.

He did, in one game, Dundee United at home, 0-0, the best I’ve seen him play. I’m not saying Harris is good, I’m saying he is better than Petra. Although I think a few boys I used to play with in the amateur leagues are better than him. (what I’ve seen so far anyway)

3 games in new manager and a target of finishing 8th already.

thing is if we stay up it's highly likely that well need an entire clear out again next season.

I think McKinnon is an okay choice given the alternatives. I'd have liked hopkin as he seemed to have more drive and dig and worked a miracle at livi

Guest Back Post Misses

Having considered this for at least 40 minutes I am going sit on the fence and make no judgement on how he will do. I assume he is a nicer person than PH?

As much as I'd like to see a couple of new faces coming with McKinnon I'll be wiping the slate clean for Hartley's signings for a few weeks now at least. I wouldn't be surprised if a fair few of his signings start showing some promise and fight now that Hartley has gone. He sounded like a right knob and I can imagine a his attitude affected more than a few of the players both in terms of confidence levels and desire. Playing them in the correct position and shape would be a start.

Disappointed that we didn't get Duffy in the end. A wee night out in Saltcoats for some team building might have done the trick.:)
Not expecting scintillating football but we do need someone like mckinnon to give some organisation to the team. Think this might save us from relegation which was becoming more and more likely by the day if we had gone down the dafty route I was beginning to expect.

23 minutes ago, Bairnup said:

Heard the manager appointment was sorted out on Tuesday and only McCall was offered the job before McKinnon was approached, still hoping to sign one player and get 2 in on loan.:whistle

Someone mentioned they seen McKinnon leaving the stadium earlier in the week . It's just shows how much pish has been spoken about attracting a new manager.

1 minute ago, LargsTON said:

Snake b*****d.

Now, now... no need for that.

Its obvious our Ray has some ambition for his career.

Give Paul Hartley a go.. he might do well for you.

Just beware of a guy called Mitch though.