The Falkirk FC Thread

I was actually thinking it's the other way round.
If he was gone for good we would have announced it. Instead we're holding off, presumably in the expectation of being able to make a single "good news" statement.
At least that's my take on it.

I’m hoping Ray hasn’t put all his eggs in one basket re Rudden and possibly Nelson. I’m sure he’ll have other guys he’s looking at.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Because of the c**t of a deal we have at the stadium any finance from the full stadium would be shared with the Council

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

I like the story behind the naming of the stadium, well the version I was told any way. The same reason the wheel got called The Falkirk Wheel allegedly.

What exactly happened? I was only a daft teenager when the stadium was built so never really paid much attention. whats the deal?

What exactly happened? I was only a daft teenager when the stadium was built so never really paid much attention. whats the deal?

We only own the bit facing the pitch in the main stand . None of the office space apart from the ground floor therefore can make very little from it day to day. We own the NS and pay c75k/year rent in the SS

23 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

What I recall / have been told...

Campbell Christie chose it, there was a story that he won a debate with the queen over the naming of the The Falkirk Wheel, she wanted it to be called the Millennium Wheel but he was pretty insistent on it being about the Falkirk area. His view was that all the major 'attractions' in the area should all be named The Falkirk ...whatever. He was Chairman at the time so also won a debate over the name of the stadium with the council as at the time they wanted it to be called a community stadium. I heard that he was a pretty big union guy, with a track record of 'winning' lots for workers rights. He was also chair of British Waterways which is where the Falkirk Wheel thing came in. He was Our chairman between 2000 and 2009, which was a pretty good period when you look back. We could do worse than have him around now! He sadly passed away not long after stepping down as Chairman.

Edited by BountyBairn

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Almost joined Twitter just to add to the torrent of good luck messages from this part of the world.

He’s back in his own country, so I guess he might break into a trot now and then.

I'm sure i heard somewhere that it was the council to keep it in line with the falkirk wheel.  It was their idea for branding tourism.
Must have took a few meetings and a genius to work out including the name of the area of the attractions.
Was any of the Goldies involved in this?