The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Why the f**k not ? It’s not brockville, the falkirk stadium is hardly even a name , take the cash, cash is king , cash= players . We’re getting f**k all for that ground now

I only want it if it ends up in our stadium being called the Spaghettihad. Nothing else is acceptable.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Because "The Energy Check Stadium at Firhill" sounds fucking stupid.

who gives a f**k.  it's all about getting as much cash as possible, if it was Brockville I'd agree that it was selling our soul a bit but "the Falkirk stadium" that's a name for something that doesn't have a proper name.  we don't make enough from matchday revenue alone . get more sponsorship cash.  we're getting nothing and our stadium doesn't even have a name ffs!

Don't long to turn the clock back, that is impossible, recognise the present and the future you are in and work with it or risk falling even further behind 

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Because "The Energy Check Stadium at Firhill" sounds fucking stupid.

How many people actually call their stadiums by the sponsors name anyway? The matchday announcer and television and radio commentators maybe.  Alloa fans still call their ground The Recs,  Dumbarton fans call theirs The Rock,  Livingston is still mainly referred to as Almondvale and Partick still call theirs Firhill. If companies want to pay good money for the privilege of most people NOT calling the stadium by its proper name there's no harm in it, money for nothing basically. The Falkirk Stadium might not sound too fancy but the abbreviated TFS is known by a lot of people to denote Falkirk's ground. 

Can't help but think Rudden would have been announced already if he or Rangers were so keen on him staying with us. The delay only suggests that other options are being considered for him or that we have someone else lined up. For what it's worth, I hope he comes back and we can still add some more experience in there as well.

8 minutes ago, tubbybairn said:

Can't help but think Rudden would have been announced already if he or Rangers were so keen on him staying with us. The delay only suggests that other options are being considered for him or that we have someone else lined up. 

I was actually thinking it's the other way round.

If he was gone for good we would have announced it. Instead we're holding off, presumably in the expectation of being able to make a single "good news" statement.

At least that's my take on it.

If he was gone for good we would have announced it. Instead we're holding off, presumably in the expectation of being able to make a single "good news" statement.

Get your arse down that stadium and get snapping. Bartley ain’t waiting all night.

I hope you are right. After the season we have had I find it is a struggle to stay optimistic though. Another win on Saturday would help sort that. If that happens I'll no doubt be wildly unrealistic in my optimism.

48 minutes ago, tubbybairn said:

Can't help but think Rudden would have been announced already if he or Rangers were so keen on him staying with us. The delay only suggests that other options are being considered for him or that we have someone else lined up. For what it's worth, I hope he comes back and we can still add some more experience in there as well.

You generally don't go back to your parent club in these situations, tho the winter break in the top league doesn't help, these things are generally tied up well afore now.

Just a pity Nelson banged them in on loan...!!!