The Falkirk FC Thread

I think you have to look at the balance of the team to see why we had issues. On the right  Kidd whose not got the pace or energy to play right back  had the tireless and hardworking Waddington in front of him whilst Robson had no help from anyone apart from Mcclean who was poor on a couple of occasions.  If you're going to play Robson then you need to ensure that you have a decent left sided player in front of him that can help defensively and give him the freedom to push forward . Otherwise you're as well playing a more defensive left back.

I think you have to look at the balance of the team to see why we had issues. On the right  Kidd whose not got the pace or energy to play right back  had the tireless and hardworking Waddington in front of him whilst Robson had no help from anyone apart from Mcclean who was poor on a couple of occasions.  If you're going to play Robson then you need to ensure that you have a decent left sided player in front of him that can help defensively and give him the freedom to push forward . Otherwise you're as well playing a more defensive left back.
I must admit as much as I enjoy watching Robson bombing on and I love his heart on the sleeve stuff, I know that its probably for the best that Dixon plays there. I say Dixon because McGhee should be in the middle with McKenna, not at right back. At right bacl we should play an actual right back, which is someone we need to sign.

I dont think thats up for debate by anyone except the stupid spamming c**t.

I dont hate the idea of keeping Kidd at the club for now, but not as starting RB.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

because McGhee should be in the middle with McKenna, not at right back.

Surely Harrison has to start at centre half? It's only a few weeks ago you were saying how him and Dallison were "showing what they're really about after the reactionary shite spouted on here."

Surely Harrison has to start at centre half? It's only a few weeks ago you were saying how him and Dallison were "showing what they're really about after the reactionary shite spouted on here."
Was I? Did I mention Harrison and Dallison by name after that Alloa game? Have I ever advocated him being better than McGhee? If so quote me.

Was Ciaran McKenna here a few weeks ago? Was Paul Dixon here?

Stop trying to twist my words, you are making an utter c**t of yourself. Its no wonder no one takes you seriously.

McKenna looks a incredible find. Once he gets up to speed he'll be a top player. Can't recall what type of deal we got him on but he's got the attributes to get to a much higher level imo.

MacLean was far too lightweight for me, would be starting Keillor Dunn and Demi ahead of him. For sure we were weaker on the left due to MacLean having a poor game and failing to stand up players coming at him.

I wonder if regards to Robson he might end up playing in an attacking role. He seems too small defensively, but no doubt his pace, ability to beat his man and delivery are an asset- he's just not strong enough or big enough to play a defensive role IMO.

Big Osman was underwhelming, at the moment I'd rather play with McKee.

Obviously great to get Zak back on loan but hopefully we can get him paired up with some experience. 

McKenna looks a incredible find. Once he gets up to speed he'll be a top player. Can't recall what type of deal we got him on but he's got the attributes to get to a much higher level imo.
MacLean was far too lightweight for me, would be starting Keillor Dunn and Demi ahead of him. For sure we were weaker on the left due to MacLean having a poor game and failing to stand up players coming at him.
I wonder if regards to Robson he might end up playing in an attacking role. He seems too small defensively, but no doubt his pace, ability to beat his man and delivery are an asset- he's just not strong enough or big enough to play a defensive role IMO.
Big Osman was underwhelming, at the moment I'd rather play with McKee.
Obviously great to get Zak back on loan but hopefully we can get him paired up with some experience. 
Have to agree. If I was an opposition manager I'd be targeting left back all day long with Robson there. Just too wee.

I must admit as much as I enjoy watching Robson bombing on and I love his heart on the sleeve stuff, I know that its probably for the best that Dixon plays there. I say Dixon because McGhee should be in the middle with McKenna, not at right back. At right bacl we should play an actual right back, which is someone we need to sign.

I dont think thats up for debate by anyone except the stupid spamming c**t.

I dont hate the idea of keeping Kidd at the club for now, but not as starting RB.

If we get a RB McGhee wouldn’t play.

McKenna and Dixon are nailed on to be CH pairing IMO.

I really don’t see Robson as being a poor defender tbh. I agree he’s targeted because of his height and not being particularly strong but once the balls on the deck he stands up fine.
Half the game is in the air at our level though! Haha.

If we get a RB McGhee wouldn’t play.

McKenna and Dixon are nailed on to be CH pairing IMO.
I think they are a strong pairing too.

I have said plenty times I love Tommy Robson, I have also said before I quite like a 3 5 2. But we undoubtedly improved as a 4 on Saturday and as such, I think we should go that way (we know we will because Ray likes a back 4)

With all of that in mind I think Robson probably has to drop out. I dont want him shoehorned in midfield. I would give him a go at LB but I dont think he can do it well enough in a 4.

I guess I am just rambling round in disbelief at the prospect of another window with no right back signed.....

Please man.

Guest Ecosse83

Kidd will be joining Balatoni and Shepherd at Edinburgh next season. In no way shape or form is he good enough for us, anyone who thinks he is is just accepting mediocrity.

Let's be real about Robson, as a wing back he is a good attacking threat but in a 4 he would be too much of a defensive liability.

It will be interesting to see what positions get filled but if a right back isn't one of them I'll be amazed.  

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I really don’t see Robson as being a poor defender tbh. I agree he’s targeted because of his height and not being particularly strong but once the balls on the deck he stands up fine.

No, he's targeted because he can't defend. Watch the highlights of the Dunfermline game- he passes the ball straight to the Dunfermline player for their 3rd goal. Nothing to do with his height, he's just not good enough defensively.

Edited by EdiBairn

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I don't think we've lost a single goal all season, where it hasn't come from a defensive lapse. Bin all of them, cause by your standards they're all gash. 

They are gash which is why Muirhead, Harrison and Brough have already been dropped and replaced with better quality. Robson should be no different.

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Sadly in Scotland balls on the deck are like hens teeth. 

13 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

They are gash which is why Muirhead, Harrison and Brough have already been dropped and replaced with better quality. Robson should be no different.

Correct but as we tinker to get it right results are going against us. Alloa have found their feet and the middle group are all taking points from each other. From Saturdays evidence Partick are way better than us. Ray doesn't need to hit the Panick button yet but we need to start to set up to win games and Pronto or  we could be in the shit. I'd rather we went down fighting trying to attack and win games than play one up and try n scrape the odd point. 

3 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I mentioned Harrison and Brough previous so it may be that your thinking off.  On its track record no one in there right mind would have paired Harrison and Dallison even the most blinkered could see the pairing of those 2 didnt work not to mention at least Harrison has popped up with 2 goals.

16 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Correct but as we tinker to get it right results are going against us. Alloa have found their feet and the middle group are all taking points from each other. From Saturdays evidence Partick are way better than us. Ray doesn't need to hit the Panick button yet but we need to start to set up to win games and Pronto or  we could be in the shit. I'd rather we went down fighting trying to attack and win games than play one up and try n scrape the odd point. 

Disagree that they are way better than us. They barely threatened and had some real comical defending that wouldn't have looked out of place from our pre January team.

Our performances will improve as the group  gels.

17 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I'd take a draw away to partick any day of the week in our current predicament . They were undoubtedly the more settled side on Saturday but then they had only 3 relatively new players in thats side including the keeper  whilst we had 6.  I still think starting Osman was a mistake in such a big game but its going to take time for us to settle unfortunately.  We need to continue to pick up points though so a draw at our relegation rivals ground isnt a bad result and whilst partick had a lot of ball they did very little with it.