The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
16 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

I think we are shaping up like that because the new signings aren’t 100% fit yet.

He mentioned in the interview with The Falkirk Herald that he’s looking to move to a back 4.

As long as Robson stays in the team I'll be happy.

We probably have 12 players now who are the equal of what most other clubs in this league have. QotS demolished what was supposedly the best team in the league, when in fact, what the beat was the most expensive team in the league.

QotS could just as easily be beaten by Alloa the next time they meet. There really isn’t a whole lot in it other than the awfulness of ourselves and a Partick. McKinnon has the “difficult second album” thing of having to set aside the plaudits for having made Hartley’s joke signings half way competitive, and now prove that he can bolt together a Championship side capable of (hopefully) overtaking a side currently six points ahead of us, and keeping Partick trailing behind us.

We will fail if we keep trying to play on the break. At home, we absolutely have to be on the front foot, we simply must start to win more games than we lose and draw combined. The next 15 games has to see us win 8 of them.

As long as Robson stays in the team I'll be happy.

What is it with the love in for Robson. Mediocre at the back and not much better going forward. Playing a blinder once every 10-15 games isn’t enough.
I think a lot of the young lads in our support appear to adore the guy, seems to give him a pass when he plays badly.

What is it with the love in for Robson. Mediocre at the back and not much better going forward. Playing a blinder once every 10-15 games isn’t enough.
I think a lot of the young lads in our support appear to adore the guy, seems to give him a pass when he plays badly.
Is 33 young?

Please say yes

10 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Fully agree. He can't defend and is average at best going forward. Beyond me why he seems to have become the star of the team. I think the bench is where he'll end up very soon.

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Fully agree. He can't defend and is average at best going forward. Beyond me why he seems to have become the star of the team. I think the bench is where he'll end up very soon.

I was trying to out your Laurieston Bairn profile using Robson as bate. Never worked this time although still obvious that's you :lol:

Guest Ecosse83
14 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

It's not actually, in fact he doesn't have any other accounts.  Have you?

giphy.gif

Edibairn doesn't have more than one profile? :lol:

Not sure about mclean. Nae left foot and gave the ball away an awful lot.  Osman was way off the pace and should never have started such an important game.  Like the look of mckenna and waddington although we need to get far more of the ball to him.  Paton was excellent when he came on and shouldve started.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Osman was way off the pace and should never have started such an important game.  Like the look of mckenna and waddington although we need to get far more of the ball to him.  Paton was excellent when he came on and shouldve started.

I agree that Osman was poor, looked completely lost rather than just not match fit, in fact I think Bauben looked a better player when he first started.

Paton for me always starts a game strong then goes missing in the 2nd half, if he is going to get a game I think he is better coming off the bench.

Thankfully we didn't try and keep Hazard, he looks half asleep and even worse than what we have.

I don't think Robson reminds me a bit of Leahy, he will be exposed defensively but does offer a good option going forward with overlapping and crossing.

On the other side Kidds defending is probably worse than Robsons and his attacking threat is non-existent as he can barely keep a cross in the park, the one he skewed causing the thistle keeper to tip it over the bar yesterday sums it up, we had 3 players in the box, one unmarked on the pen spot and he couldn't pick out any of them from about 10 feet away. 

Edited by GMBairn

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Not sure about mclean. Nae left foot and gave the ball away an awful lot.  Osman was way off the pace and should never have started such an important game.  Like the look of mckenna and waddington although we need to get far more of the ball to him.  Paton was excellent when he came on and shouldve started.

I thought McLean's workrate was decent but it didn't reall happen for him yesterday, a lot of poor decision making.

Osman might be good in a functioning midfield but don't fancy him to drag us out of a hole. Not up for it.

I wish we could get McKenna on a 3 year contract. Free money.

I thought McLean's workrate was decent but it didn't reall happen for him yesterday, a lot of poor decision making.
Osman might be good in a functioning midfield but don't fancy him to drag us out of a hole. Not up for it.

If McKenna plays like that for the rest of the season he will not be with us next season even if we had got him on an 18 month deal.

4 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I don't think Robson reminds me a bit of Leahy, he will be exposed defensively but does offer a good option going forward with overlapping and crossing.

On the other side Kidds defending is probably worse than Robsons and his attacking threat is non-existent as he can barely keep a cross in the park, the one he skewed causing the thistle keeper to tip it over the bar yesterday sums it up, we had 3 players in the box, one unmarked on the pen spot and he couldn't pick out any of them from about 10 feet away. 

He's similar to Leahy in that he's better going forward than defending. Having said that, Leahy was far better in an attacking sense and could actually defend.

4 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

McLean will probably be quite a frustrating player, like all wingers at this level he will look good in some games and hopeless in others. I do think it's worth remembering that he hit the shot that led to the goal last week and the cross that led to the goal this week so he has already contributed and if he can improve he could be a decent player for us.