The Falkirk FC Thread

God bless big Nikolay but what has he shown in 20 minutes of running about that would make people think we should be ripping up a winning team and dropping our top scorer? It's a different option for us off the bench but that should be about it for him. 

I watched McKinnon's interview this morning and his comments on Jarvis were a bit cryptic, he basically said he's not up to scratch at this stage but will become a big player for us? I thought that was a bit odd, unless he's talking about fitness/sharpness and I've just read too much into it. 

IMO we should be asking Keilor-Dunn where he wants to play and building the midfield and attack around that. Easily our best technical and creative player and we should be facilitating whatever gets him on the ball most. 

This 100%

Rudden would have to go on a hell of a drought to be worthy of being dropped. It’s good that we don’t have to rely on him now to get the goals as we seem to be scoring from everywhere on the park now and we have different options but he shouldn’t be getting dropped just yet.

Thought Rudden and DKD in behind him worked well in the second half, personally if I were to drop anyone out of the starting line up, it would be Petra for Maclean.

This 100%
Rudden would have to go on a hell of a drought to be worthy of being dropped. It’s good that we don’t have to rely on him now to get the goals as we seem to be scoring from everywhere on the park now and we have different options but he shouldn’t be getting dropped just yet.

Thought Rudden and DKD in behind him worked well in the second half, personally if I were to drop anyone out of the starting line up, it would be Petra for Maclean.

Maybe I was at a different game but I thought DKD and Rudden did nothing of note yesterday. Not saying they didn’t work hard (well Rudden did) but they created nothing

11 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

But for how much longer? Queens are haemorrhaging cash and the big Rangers lad up front's race is run.

You do know you've got a big rangers supporting lad up playing up front too,  still technically signed for them,   so it's a bit ironic you keep bringing up other teams' rangers supporting players. Even if our rangers supporting player doesn't score again this season your rangers supporting player won't get anywhere near his total. 

Maybe I was at a different game but I thought DKD and Rudden did nothing of note yesterday. Not saying they didn’t work hard (well Rudden did) but they created nothing

First half I thought they were linking up well together. Second half they didn’t do anything of note aye and were rightly subbed off.

You do know you've got a big rangers supporting lad up playing up front too,  still technically signed for them,   so it's a bit ironic you keep bringing up other teams' rangers supporting players. Even if our rangers supporting player doesn't score again this season your rangers supporting player won't get anywhere near his total. 

:lol:

This 100%

I'm with BPM on this. It's not about dropping Rudden based on his performances, more about giving him a rest and seeing what our other options can do. Personally I think Rudden has been less effective recently, which could be due to him needing a rest

20 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Zak's actually a Hibs fan. Nice try though.

Absolutely rattled, delicious.

19 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I suppose  you get what you pay for in some instances which can help the success of your team

Pennies v £4k

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

IMO we should be asking Keilor-Dunn where he wants to play and building the midfield and attack around that. Easily our best technical and creative player and we should be facilitating whatever gets him on the ball most. 

His best position for me is behind the striker(s) but I dont think it was the correct decision to play him there yesterday or start, we needed more bodies in the middle.

I am sure varying options of strikers will be worked on in training during the week, Petra has pace to kill most defence, its what he does with the ball after that is the problem, I liken it to a roulette wheel betting on black or red.

I cant see this 4-3-3 option happening with us bringing in two strikers in the window, I sure the 4-3-3 option was the new fangled 4-3-3 in attack and 4-5-1 in defence with the thought of having DKD one wide option up top and McClean the other wide option or Petra. As it stands McKinnon obviously sees DKD as a mid behind the striker to make things happen.

The diamond we are currently playing is quite adventurous, but we lack width with it for me

On 16/02/2019 at 15:58, AL-FFC said:

when you consider all the rules have been changed after us bringing issues to light groundshare (changed for ICT) 10,000 seats reduced to 6000, pretty sure they came out with something to do with our USH if i remember right as it was completely different from the USH installed at other 

Dkd clearly wasnt match fit yesterday. Was well off the pace and hadnt kicked a ball for 3 weeks which showed.  I was surprised he never had a run out in the reserves this week unless the hamstring he was feeling when he came on had been a problem then too.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We don't force feed people a load of twee bollocks about how much he loves the club and it being the only place he'd ever want to be, while the player himself is saying he'd be away in a heartbeat if he was good enough to play for his real team. 

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

I suppose  you get what you pay for in some instances which can help the success of your team

Pennies v £4k

His best position for me is behind the striker(s) but I dont think it was the correct decision to play him there yesterday or start, we needed more bodies in the middle.

I am sure varying options of strikers will be worked on in training during the week, Petra has pace to kill most defence, its what he does with the ball after that is the problem, I liken it to a roulette wheel betting on black or red.

I cant see this 4-3-3 option happening with us bringing in two strikers in the window, I sure the 4-3-3 option was the new fangled 4-3-3 in attack and 4-5-1 in defence with the thought of having DKD one wide option up top and McClean the other wide option or Petra. As it stands McKinnon obviously sees DKD as a mid behind the striker to make things happen.

The diamond we are currently playing is quite adventurous, but we lack width with it for me

A very good summation that IMO.

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Apologies for using this again but.......

97A31136-3AC2-4AEF-8200-1CFEF677F471.gif

We should be going to Morton to win the game on Friday, it's been a while since I've thought that but we are playing well and they are shite. 

I am not sure if McKinnon will change a system that has been working but I would like to see us set up to take the game to them.

Burgoyne

McGhee Edge McKenna Dixon

Petra  Paton/Osman McShane

DKD 

Rudden Todorov

I'd probably swap out Petra for Waddington in midfield, but other than that, it looks good to go imo. 
If both Osman and Paton are available then id have both of them in along with McShane.

The decision would then be between Rudden and Petra up top

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

If both Osman and Paton are available then id have both of them in along with McShane.

The decision would then be between Rudden and Petra up top

Maybe that would be the right decision but I don't think we should be going into this game with 2 sitting midfielders. 

Maybe that would be the right decision but I don't think we should be going into this game with 2 sitting midfielders. 
I don't think Paton is a sitting midfielder as he does tend to drive forward a lot. Unless you were referring to McShane?

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

We should be going to Morton to win the game on Friday, it's been a while since I've thought that but we are playing well and they are shite. 

I am not sure if McKinnon will change a system that has been working but I would like to see us set up to take the game to them.

Burgoyne

McGhee Edge McKenna Dixon

Petra  Paton/Osman McShane

DKD 

Rudden Todorov

If Osman is fit I expect Paton to move to the right, the top 2 for me might be the only changes, tho wouldnt be surprised if its still Rudden and Petra with McKinnon suggesting that Jarvis isnt quite ready to start, leaving Todorov being an option if taking the managers words in.

In the back of the mind tho, will be not to lose the game