The Falkirk FC Thread

Just for my own personal amusement and Falkirk fans' sorrow, do you think you'd be able to name a 1-11 team of academy graduates from the past 10 years or so?

I'd find it interesting to compare that team with the two teams of charlatans you've managed to pull together this season with the money used in place of keeping the academy running.

Tidser would rip the pish out of League 1 in flip flops and a cigar in his mouth. I hope for his own career that if Falkirk go down, he doesn’t waste a year of it at that level. He should be in a team going for promotion in the championship or a bottom six club in the Premiership. 

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I got hammered by some on here over a year ago for saying that I had concerns re this whole board strategy of closing the academy’s and no longer looking to our youths and that this could impact us for years to come.
Look where we are now. No fight in the team because no one feels part of the club.
Blame the players...yes.
But blame the board more.

I was ranting on about it being a huge error back then and got into some "debate" with the legend that was EdiBairn/Margaret Lang about it. I'm sure at one point he/she was claiming it cost 1M a year to run.   

Eventually had to accept what is done is done - there is no doubt the Brentford Model can work but do be prepared to lose all identity with the mercenaries that come with it.  Our 2 stabs at it were both so badly executed it's laughable.

If the model is supposed to be bring in young/unknown players and sell on for a huge profit, we have succeeded in inventing a new version where we bring them in then pay them to bugger off a few months later.       

The bottom line is we have zero playing assets we could get any money for, and our best players are all on loan  - what a strategy, what a mess.  

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Here, a Falkirk fan that is widely mocked voices concern about McKinnon's negative tactics. Despite a recent victory, he's worried it may end up biting them in the bum down the road. Did his fellow supporters take these views seriously?

Ah, seems not.

Mental that things can change over time eh

10 hours ago, Hughsie said:

I’m honest enough to admit that I regret not fighting harder for the academy at the time. Not sure what could have been done but I was fairly passive over the whole thing.

I didn’t agree with the decision but we should have done everything possible to stop it.

Don't beat yourself up , despite it being "Your Club" the BOD decided it was happening and went ahead & did the deed with no-one getting any prior warning (unless you were a Daily Record reporter).

Despite apparently having immediate offers of outside funding they deemed it was already too late, they gleefully had their hands on the money which would soon got to TOE, Lewis, Dallison etc , managers & coaching staff pay offs , legal cases , Morton, blah blah blah ......and further into the abyss.    

Lang & Campbell must go.       

I’m honest enough to admit that I regret not fighting harder for the academy at the time. Not sure what could have been done but I was fairly passive over the whole thing.
I didn’t agree with the decision but we should have done everything possible to stop it.

Sadly too many were like that but the supporters have nothing to feel bad about. The awful strategic decision was a gamble that had to pay off. There were ripping up 15 years hard work at a stroke of a pen. Plenty told them, but they refused to listen.

Look where we are now? It breaks my fucking heart.

We now have to stand up and take control of our club back again from those who have wrecked it.

I see there is a plan for a sit in protest on Saturday after the game. That in itself isn’t going to change anything but what it will do if most support it is give a message to those in power their time is running out.

8 hours ago, Scosha said:

Tidser would rip the pish out of League 1 in flip flops and a cigar in his mouth. I hope for his own career that if Falkirk go down, he doesn’t waste a year of it at that level. He should be in a team going for promotion in the championship or a bottom six club in the Premiership. 

Career? He's 29 and got maybe one move left in him so he'll be looking at money and earning as much as he can in the next few years. If the PCA offers him more than anyone else in this league is offering, he'll want to stick to it. It's more likely that Falkirk will drop him as his wages will be higher than is sustainable in League 1. 

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

Career? He's 29 and got maybe one move left in him so he'll be looking at money and earning as much as he can in the next few years. If the PCA offers him more than anyone else in this league is offering, he'll want to stick to it. It's more likely that Falkirk will drop him as his wages will be higher than is sustainable in League 1. 

It looks like he’ll not be going to Falkirk if you go down anyway. 

Baird was a strange player for ICT, only scored 4 in half a season then was shipped out to Morton in the January as, ironically, Nathan Austin found a bit of form, so Baird was behind him, George Oakley and young Connor Bell in the pecking order.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

If you go down Tidser is not joining you... clause on relegation in PCA

I'm sure the majority of Morton fans would welcome him signing a new contract with you lot. It's not as if he downed tools after signing the PCA with us.