The Falkirk FC Thread

All the utter gimps saying it’s a waste of time protesting can suck my wang x
Am a wee bit perplexed by it tbh. I can only assume that with board memberd having been revealed as reading this thread they have dropped the act.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Pretty much completely forgotten about. 

We were up the top of the league for half the season, for most of the second half we were in the playoffs, was only in the last 5/6 games IIRC we fell out of any promotion possibility all together. I was living down in England so was able to switch off from it pretty successfully. 

I can't stress how shite the league is though, even when you're doing well it's fucking boring, no away supports, no atmosphere. Just shite. 

Why must you turn this forum into a house of lies?

Dunfermline were top in September after five games; they were 4th after six and never went top again. They did stay within three points of top until December so your near the top for half the season claim stands up, but you plummeted fast after that. Fell out of the top four after 19 games and after that got back into the playoffs for one week in February (on goal difference when Brechin had a game in hand), but were 9 points behind by the end of the month.

You could still mathematically make the playoffs in the last 5/6 games, but so could everyone in the division other than Ayr, Stenhousemuir & Stirling. You were mathematically out of it before Airdrie & Peterhead, and ended up 11 points away.

The league’s shite if you spend more than a season there, but spending one season in a league where the majority of grounds have terracing and you haven’t played a few of the teams in years is a good novelty, provided you’re winning most weeks and get up as well.

Am a wee bit perplexed by it tbh. I can only assume that with board memberd having been revealed as reading this thread they have dropped the act.

‘Don’t protest, think of their families’ is an utter riddy. As Don Corleone said “it’s not personal, it’s strictly business” xx

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

Some posters on here write some amount of rubbish. Does anyone on here seriously think that any of the members of the Board or MSG want the club relegated? Anyone that does needs to have a look at themselves. They are all hurting and would be the first to accept there have been some bad decisions. Anyone thinking of demonstrating tomorrow need to be reminded that these people have families and are often in the stand. I’m as disappointed as any supporter but it’s happened and we need to more forward and get straight back up. Unless there’s some kind of miracle #COYB

Awful post.

‘Don’t protest, think of their families’ is an utter riddy. As Don Corleone said “it’s not personal, it’s strictly business” xx
Any board member who takes their family tomorrow needs to have a look at themselves. Anyone who does so is putting them in the front line so that have something to piss and moan about the next day.

No ones family deserved to get caught up in it but the club are aware of the fans intention to protest. I wouldnt put my family within miles of that. If they do then more fool them.

53 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Anyone thinking of demonstrating tomorow are wasting their time... Not buying season tickets will be the biggest protest. This will force the current board out.

Sad day for Scottish football to see the Bairns relegated to division one but at FFC we need to accept and get on with it. We cannot expect anything else other from this clusterfuck of a season. Let's not hide or kid ourselves, we are where we are and deservedly so. We have no choice other than to accept it and move on.

We have a close season to find a way to build a new vision to get us back up to the championship, steady the ship and beyond..

IMO McKinnon cannot escape this mess either, he had shit the bed too much for me and we need to make this change sooner rather than later, for us to have our own destiny in our own hands and then blow it, he is culpable for me, no excuses.

All the best to Alloa Athletic and Jim Goodwin, you deserve to stay up, if we had the ambition, fight and belief we'd have been safe over a month ago. The bottom line for me is when struggling teams need to win, they simply win. Aside from Dunfermline away we have shown little appetite for the fight as went out with a whimper

Bucket and spades at the ready I'm afraid.

Exactly the kind of attitude this rotten regime has thrived on for the past decade. Turn Up, Pony Up, Shut Up and Clap Along to whatever dross is served up. Their Dream Supporter (probably should be Customer). No longer. A thorough hounding of them tomorrow and an outright refusal to part with season ticket money until every last one of those responsible for the destruction of the club is out the door are all the options we have going at the moment. I'll move on when these buffoons have moved on.

4 hours ago, realmadrid said:

He is certainly also at away games, I had the pleasure to walk with him to McDiarmid Park from the car park  during the annual league cup group game this season

His motivational skills in his time with us were never in any doubt, I was a neighbour of some of the squad back then and they would all praise that side of his management 

From what I know via two players, the reason he lost his job was the dressing room split in 2 during the summer of 1992. Despite what was reported in the papers, as results faltered one of the groups managed to convince the Chairman to replace the man who was a big part of our recovery from the dark days of the old division 2 and crowds of under 500.

I know it wont happen as it would undermine the manager but he should have a chat with your team before tomorrows game.

It should not be forgotten when we went into administration he worked for nothing and put his own money into the club to try and keep it afloat. Alex Totten represents the good things about the club and the support.

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

It should not be forgotten when we went into administration he worked for nothing and put his own money into the club to try and keep it afloat. Alex Totton represents the good things about the club and the support.

As does Alex Totten.

Anyone thinking of demonstrating tomorow are wasting their time... Not buying season tickets will be the biggest protest. This will force the current board out.

Sad day for Scottish football to see the Bairns relegated to division one but at FFC we need to accept and get on with it. We cannot expect anything else other from this clusterfuck of a season. Let's not hide or kid ourselves, we are where we are and deservedly so. We have no choice other than to accept it and move on.

We have a close season to find a way to build a new vision to get us back up to the championship, steady the ship and beyond..

IMO McKinnon cannot escape this mess either, he had shit the bed too much for me and we need to make this change sooner rather than later, for us to have our own destiny in our own hands and then blow it, he is culpable for me, no excuses.

All the best to Alloa Athletic and Jim Goodwin, you deserve to stay up, if we had the ambition, fight and belief we'd have been safe over a month ago. The bottom line for me is when struggling teams need to win, they simply win. Aside from Dunfermline away we have shown little appetite for the fight as went out with a whimper

Bucket and spades at the ready I'm afraid.

Don’t stay then. I would lay my house on the protests at Tannadice shocked them to the core last week and you can see but the press today things are moving - and quickly. Fans need to ram it home tomorrow after the game even if by some miracle we make the play off

Don’t stay then. I would lay my house on the protests at Tannadice shocked them to the core last week and you can see but the press today things are moving - and quickly. Fans need to ram it home tomorrow after the game even if by some miracle we make the play off
Protesting tomorrow doesnt mean the team cant be backed on the park in the event they deserve it (didnt use the term playoffs cos thats not happening).

Its better for the players if our disdain is focused elsewhere anyway. If it wasnt for that they would be getting it tight

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I had no idea there were protests at Tannadice and I follow Scottish football pretty closely.

Hope this helps with an idea of how impactful they were.

I had no idea there were protests at Tannadice and I follow Scottish football pretty closely.
Hope this helps with an idea of how impactful they were.

They only people that needed to be impacted were the six people sat in the stand.

Protesting tomorrow doesnt mean the team cant be backed on the park in the event they deserve it (didnt use the term playoffs cos thats not happening).

Its better for the players if our disdain is focused elsewhere anyway. If it wasnt for that they would be getting it tight

The fans will back the team till they know that there is no chance of a result.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

The fans will back the team till they know that there is no chance of a result.

I hope its abuse until 1459, bit of support for the team, make it clear we are behind them if they get wired in, but with a healthy current of abuse throughout.  

Sad day for Scottish football to see the Bairns relegated to division one but at FFC we need to accept and get on with it.

[emoji38]

Scottish football needs a strong Falkirk. It will be armageddon without them in the Scottish championship.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Why must you turn this forum into a house of lies?

Dunfermline were top in September after five games; they were 4th after six and never went top again. They did stay within three points of top until December so your near the top for half the season claim stands up, but you plummeted fast after that. Fell out of the top four after 19 games and after that got back into the playoffs for one week in February (on goal difference when Brechin had a game in hand), but were 9 points behind by the end of the month.

You could still mathematically make the playoffs in the last 5/6 games, but so could everyone in the division other than Ayr, Stenhousemuir & Stirling. You were mathematically out of it before Airdrie & Peterhead, and ended up 11 points away.

The league’s shite if you spend more than a season there, but spending one season in a league where the majority of grounds have terracing and you haven’t played a few of the teams in years is a good novelty, provided you’re winning most weeks and get up as well.

That was the grasp of things when we got relegated from the top league.

I do seem to recall there was an outside chance of the Pars being relegated again in the above season and with a quick look at the results, their season ended up with 3 wins in the last 13 games....Our form now is 4 wins in the last 13 on our way to the seaside

As usual lots of salty tears, snotters, weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth from Failkirk fans after events unfold and the refinery smoke dissipates so that things become clear.

Don't recall any complaints when Rat was appointed so it can’t just be your management that stuffs up. Indeed I suspect  that Drunkenfreemason probably has a tattoo of Rat on his arse. 

A Championship with Alloa, Arbroath and Montrose would be a real thing of shame for any “big club” in a league below. 

[emoji38]

Scottish football needs a strong Falkirk. It will be armageddon without them in the Scottish championship.

Maybe you guys have a lifeline with Dundee being relegated but I'm sure they'll be a few chairmen shiting themselves as Falkirk have been a cash cow for this league for so long. But hey if you are happy with the support Arbroath brings to the league then jog on.

You'll be welcoming the Bairns next year with opened arms... Unless you are missing us on the way down, fingers crossed

10 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Maybe you guys have a lifeline with Dundee being relegated but I'm sure they'll be a few chairmen shiting themselves as Falkirk have been a cash cow for this league for so long. But hey if you are happy with the support Arbroath brings to the league then jog on.

You'll be welcoming the Bairns next year with opened arms... Unless you are missing us on the way down, fingers crossed

:1eye