The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Other than taking you from diddy league 2 team to two promotions, you mean?

Which was fantastic. I doubt you'll find a St Johnstone supporter who has anything but huge respect for Alex Totten.

Your post suggested he wasn't backed financially, when the opposite is very much the case. And it wasn't sustainable.

1 hour ago, bejazz1 said:

Maybe you guys have a lifeline with Dundee being relegated but I'm sure they'll be a few chairmen shiting themselves as Falkirk have been a cash cow for this league for so long. But hey if you are happy with the support Arbroath brings to the league then jog on.

You'll be welcoming the Bairns next year with opened arms... Unless you are missing us on the way down, fingers crossed

Deeply, intensely savoury. 

c57e3948-9f2f-4d4a-ba19-eacc096bdc44.jpg.d57a013cb33751222c13f1f6263911ee.jpg

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Why must you turn this forum into a house of lies?

Dunfermline were top in September after five games; they were 4th after six and never went top again. They did stay within three points of top until December so your near the top for half the season claim stands up, but you plummeted fast after that. Fell out of the top four after 19 games and after that got back into the playoffs for one week in February (on goal difference when Brechin had a game in hand), but were 9 points behind by the end of the month.

You could still mathematically make the playoffs in the last 5/6 games, but so could everyone in the division other than Ayr, Stenhousemuir & Stirling. You were mathematically out of it before Airdrie & Peterhead, and ended up 11 points away.

The league’s shite if you spend more than a season there, but spending one season in a league where the majority of grounds have terracing and you haven’t played a few of the teams in years is a good novelty, provided you’re winning most weeks and get up as well.

So what did I say was wrong? 

We were up the top end of the league in December 

Our league spiralled out towards the end but it was only with about 5/6 games where it was absolutely evident we weren't going to get the running win of games needed to sneak back into the playoffs. Going into the 6th last game we were in 5th place. 

In the first season we won the majority of games and it was still shite, Hth. 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

That was the grasp of things when we got relegated from the top league.

I do seem to recall there was an outside chance of the Pars being relegated again in the above season and with a quick look at the results, their season ended up with 3 wins in the last 13 games....Our form now is 4 wins in the last 13 on our way to the seaside

I don't remember ever being worried about relegation tbf. 

4 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

Sad day for Scottish football to see the Bairns relegated to division one 

Why's that, then?? Some team has to go down. What makes it sadder for "Scottish football" to see Falkirk drop than, say, Alloa? 

Maybe you guys have a lifeline with Dundee being relegated but I'm sure they'll be a few chairmen shiting themselves as Falkirk have been a cash cow for this league for so long. But hey if you are happy with the support Arbroath brings to the league then jog on.

You'll be welcoming the Bairns next year with opened arms... Unless you are missing us on the way down, fingers crossed
A league that has had rangers, hearts, hibs, Dundee Utd amongst others in recent years but the chairmen of the teams in this league are setting their budgets based two matches against Falkirk every season.

Looks like your cash cow has been grinded down to use as laughing stock.

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Just out of interest, how many of that team Totten assembled were sold for profit?

My post set out two possible reasons for his sacking. As for finances, he did what he was employed to do with the money he was given. If he was actually sacked for asking for a bit more then your chairman is a tad thin skinned.

He signed over 40 players. John Inglis, Paul Wright and Kevin McGowne would be the one the ones that went on to be sold for any sort of profit.

You can't just keep asking for money when the club isn't getting anything back in return, in terms of fees. Especially latterly, the signings had no chance of attracting a fee either: John McClelland at 36, Ray Stewart at 32, Ian Redford at the same age for £60,000, Gunni Torfason just a year younger for £90,000. He was incredibly well backed but it's not thin skinned, the club just couldn't go on spending at that level and Totten showed no willingness or suggestion that he'd be able to change.

You've made the case that he enjoyed success with his early spending which is fair enough but that had dried up by December 1992. The team had won just 5 home league games in the calendar year leading up to his dismissal and crowds were dropping.

He was a great manager for Saints but he'd run his course. It's entirely his prerogative if he wants to still feel hard done by and bitter but there are two sides to his tale of woe.

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

We're a good away support, nothing more, nothing less. It's a statement of fact that replacing us with a crowd that brings 300 or so will affect revenue. It'll affect teams that have chairmen cutting funding even more whilst they try to sell the club. Hiya Morten pal!

Are Falkirk that good an away support - agreed that they have a very good home support ,, but away I'm not so sure?

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I'll guarantee double over whoever comes up. Call it an extra 300 at £15 a pop. 9 grand isn't much of a difference, but if you're paying 5 or 6 hundred a week in wages, it's a fair chunk of money.

Which would have to be considered against the idea of a potentially stronger club being out of the picture.

You're doing that OF thing of seeing absolute income as an end in itself, ignoring that finance is relative and is only of value in terms of how it can be translated into on field success.

Which would have to be considered against the idea of a potentially stronger club being out of the picture.
You're doing that OF thing of seeing absolute income as an end in itself, ignoring that finance is relative and is only of value in terms of how it can be translated into on field success.

Nae offence m8, but this post does nothing to mitigate your reputation as being a bit boring. I mean read it back.... f**k me its boring. Its just..... The words you use and the order you use them. Your point itself is ok, but your words are making me sleepy

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nae offence m8, but this post does nothing to mitigate your reputation as being a bit boring. I mean read it back.... f**k me its boring. Its just..... The words you use and the order you use them. Your point itself is ok, but your words are making me sleepy

Come on now.

Don't take out your anxiety over your club's plight by repeating the crap you've seen recited by some of the dimmer elements on here.

Citing it as "boring" when someone puts words together coherently, is to revel in infantile stupidity.  I never saw that as your style hitherto.

Come on now.
Don't take out your anxiety over your club's plight by repeating the crap you've seen recited by some of the dimmer elements on here.
Citing it as "boring" when someone puts words together coherently, is to revel in infantile stupidity.  I never saw that as your style hitherto.
It was pretty boring tho

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Come on now.

mmmmm, revels

Some posters on here write some amount of rubbish. Does anyone on here seriously think that any of the members of the Board or MSG want the club relegated? Anyone that does needs to have a look at themselves. They are all hurting and would be the first to accept there have been some bad decisions. Anyone thinking of demonstrating tomorrow need to be reminded that these people have families and are often in the stand. I’m as disappointed as any supporter but it’s happened and we need to more forward and get straight back up. Unless there’s some kind of miracle #COYB
Cant remember anyone here saying that the board members wanted us relegated.
Regarding the demonstration... what do you suggest we do.... just let them think that the fans think everything is rosy in the garden and carry on as usual?
We have to let these c***s know that we are not happy.... make them feel as uncomfortable as possible tomorrow.
We can still back the team 100% and do this.
As has been said previously.... if the members of the board want to risk bringing anyone from their families ... that's their responsibility knowing what could possibly happen.
Also... they wont all be hurting for the club ( some will ) they will be hurting personally regarding their future.

I'm hoping this protest lives up to the hype. I remember the buildup to the first game at Morton after we nicked McKinnon - oh it was going to be bad, epic, blah blah blah. Even the media picked up on it. What happened? Half a dozen jakeys said "boo". Pathetic.