The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I love getting my ass whipped, preferably by someone dressed in full leather gear, unfortunately I'm busy tomorrow :babe2 xxx. 

I think I now know who you are!!! ooh matron

What's the deal with kids season tickets? Are they 'purchased' the same and do they count towards figures? I have a feeling a lot of under 12s will be along as they have known nothing but the last 10 years of shite. I absolutely loved it when we hosed the 1st division. Probably got a lot of the youth hooked as well. Perhaps a chance to see a dominant (complete wishful thinking and no disrespect here) Falkirk side is a draw for them hence the numbers? It's the only way I can fathom any reason at this stage to even attend home games until the board f**k off and risk getting fisted off Senor Bairn.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

As for the 1502 fans, the MSG have been in charge for how many years? and for all they have got wrong and (cup final and some of housties seasons) right, anyone who pretends this is a protest about the board and not how we did on the park last season is just kidding themselves on! Or there's have been protests every season for years. 

Check the nick of this.

As for the 1502 fans, the MSG have been in charge for how many years? and for all they have got wrong and (cup final and some of housties seasons) right, anyone who pretends this is a protest about the board and not how we did on the park last season is just kidding themselves on! Or there's have been protests every season for years. 

I am kidding myself on then. I have been on this shower’s case for 10 years.

3 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Nope. You were given a list of myriad reasons why some of us have decided enough is enough. None of them had anything to do with the performance on the park. You and 1501 others are obviously happy enough to continue to put money into a business whose owners regard you with naked,  undisguised contempt. Your choice. You speak for absolutely no one who chooses not to.

Nope. You were given a list of myriad reasons why some of us have decided enough is enough. None of them had anything to do with the performance on the park. You and 1501 others are obviously happy enough to continue to put money into a business whose owners regard you with naked,  undisguised contempt. Your choice. You speak for absolutely no one who chooses not to.
We are going to see it in spades again this week as the racism myth perpetuates through a branch of media that would never normally mention us. The club will allow it unchecked.

I don’t quite see why you distinguish between board failings and relegation?
The reason we got relegated was frankly appalling board governance. I warned before it happened that the decision to close the academy and recruit a bunch of unknowns was a major risk that may not only come back to bite us but could affect the club for years to come.
That’s exactly what happened and now see where we are?
It’s the board that need to take ultimate accountability for our failings and as such they need to move on.
It’s not helped their case when they choose to attack the very stakeholders who will make or break the club...the fans.
I really cannot understand what defence you have that suggests we ought to be more forgiving?

The 1502 figure came from the board/msg I take it.
So the number may well be manipulated.... in fact I'd put money on it.
Its not like it would be the first time they have led us down the garden path.

Whether the players were good enough or not wasn’t the biggest problems. We’ve seen managers come in and turn some shite players into world beaters.

The biggest problem was him not accepting any blame whatsoever. Coming out on the national news and saying regardless of what the players do now. None of them will play at this level again. Publicly slating the players individually and collectively on the national news is what finished us off.

You do that to any player on the planet, they would do exactly the same.
Out of interest, and I don't know the answer here, how many of that squad was yogi right about?

33 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

It came from the employees who run the shop. The number given is consistent with what they've been telling me over the couple of weeks, as every time I've gone into the stadium recently  I've asked how sales were going. 

The bod might make things up but the staff don't. 

11 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

@Bainsfordbairn do you have any idea how many trialists we have with us at the moment?

I don't know; I haven't been up at the Uni since last weekend as I've been doing things for the Commercial Dept most of this week.

At that point there were four unsigned players. All their names have been banded about on social media. 

It came from the employees who run the shop. The number given is consistent with what they've been telling me over the couple of weeks, as every time I've gone into the stadium recently  I've asked how sales were going. 
The bod might make things up but the staff don't. 
Cheers [emoji106]

For the sake of £20 I will be holding out till MSG GTF

Just thinking out loud, but as I’ve said previously I don’t see them throwing in the towel, so if you are getting a ticket you might be giving them 20 quid less if you get before Monday?

If you are not getting a ticket pre-season if they are still there, then forget that.

I think we have another season of this, unless they get an outrageous bid, (and why would that happen for the right reasons?) or a more ‘noisy’ protest happened, which is unlikely until the season starts or the EGM becomes volatile.

I think the1502 is more likely the figure that will not renew thanks to the online warriors campaign. Stay strong until MSG are gone. Like most I would gladly pay £20 more if Kenny and David’s bid were to Succeed but that Hope seems to be fading !