The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, southstand_bairn said:

Maybe doing what the police do with child killers? Let them speak to the media and watch out for body language emoji23.png

Remind me about the other McCanns(not Celtic one) in Portugal

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

There are plenty slaughtering them on COYB and a few on here

Giving half an answer on social media will cause hysteria and has.

I haven't seen any of the replies to their post due to it being 148 comments and the post being half complete.

I partially see a message that is very much what we have slated the current owners for, I don't know if it's either legal reason or the information they have is not 100% but you will get many push for answers on social media for the answers.

I still feel no social media message was the best option here and if they didn't get the actions from the current owners, then review the next step

22 minutes ago, spratte said:

Common practice with developers to set up a company specifically for an individual project then dissolve on completion so without any substance that means nothing.

fair point, if this is the case he should have no problem explaining it then.

As owner of a club, no there’s nothing to stop him doing that.  But that depends on someone being willing to lend.  To do that there would have to be either (a) something to secure it against (there isn’t) or (b) a strong cash flow with good bottom line that you can lend against in the knowledge that there is a solid means of repayment (there isn’t). 
Any moron that lends us money in our current position deserves all they get.

So it’s risk free then with nothing to be gained by him and lost by his acquisition of FFC?

I don't understand why some fans seem to think it's sour grapes from BTB. These guys are fans first and foremost, so if someone was willing to put more money into the club and start up an academy, then I hardly think they'd be against it, unless they were worried about something.

If all goes wrong then it'll be the fans who have to pick up the pieces.

One question i would have is that obviously the btb met with mc on monday. Did they not exchange contact details then? Was any attemot to gain answers regarding these issues they uncovered from the man himself before going to the msg/bod?

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

One question i would have is that obviously the btb met with mc on monday. Did they not exchange contact details then? Was any attemot to gain answers regarding these issues they uncovered from the man himself before going to the msg/bod?

If you have a Compliance issue you don't alert the person you suspect of being at fault. Take it to the relevant authority.

I'd question going public with it but who can blame them for having no faith in the MSG? This is as serious an issue as it gets so if you piss a couple of people off to raise what you deem as valid info, then so be it.

3 minutes ago, Big Sid said:

The guy will have been involved in UK based affairs throughout some part of his life, and as such will
have a record of these somewhere

I've bought and sold property in the UK. If I gave you my name I very much doubt you'd find any details on it from the internet, especially if it wasn't my home address. Due diligence will mean him providing some of that information, but I doubt we'll ever see it. Commercial confidentiality and all that.

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Remind me about the other McCanns(not Celtic one) in Portugal

Giving half an answer on social media will cause hysteria and has.

I haven't seen any of the replies to their post due to it being 148 comments and the post being half complete.

I partially see a message that is very much what we have slated the current owners for, I don't know if it's either legal reason or the information they have is not 100% but you will get many push for answers on social media for the answers.

I still feel no social media message was the best option here and if they didn't get the actions from the current owners, then review the next step

This.  They may have valid concerns, but they’ve made an arse of how they go about it.  There’s nothing to be gained from that statement at this stage.

Nothing is risk free.

True. I suppose some of us are just expecting the worst here, which is the wrong outlook.
We will just need to sit back and see what comes out in the coming days and hope that the due diligence process is done with care.
Fingers crossed Mr Campbell is the guy we all want him to be.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If you have a Compliance issue you don't alert the person you suspect of being at fault. Take it to the relevant authority.

I'd question going public with it but who can blame them for having no faith in the MSG? This is as serious an issue as it gets so if you piss a couple of people off to raise what you deem as valid info, then so be it.

Depends on the issues at hand i suppose.

50 minutes ago, Big Sid said:

True. I suppose some of us are just expecting the worst here, which is the wrong outlook.
We will just need to sit back and see what comes out in the coming days and hope that the due diligence process is done with care.
Fingers crossed Mr Campbell is the guy we all want him to be.

Sorry, I’m not trying to be facetious.  I want to stay neutral as long as possible and let it play out - it’s not my business.  I just am always wary of accusing people of things on a public forum without evidence, it’s not the right thing to do.

The consensus is change is needed.  We need to see how this plays out.  The board will have to do proper check on him - or their advisers will - before they can sell.  I just can’t see what he has to gain by trying to rip off FFC.  Maybe I’m naive.  

Out of interest , is the amount he’s paying for the shares in the public domain?

Edited by Disco Duck

So what have we learned from the 200+ posts on this page today?

Mark Campbell either is or isn't genuine, and the BtB guys either have or don't have substantial new information that could discredit him.

Very glad this is being debated at length by a lot of people who don't have a clue about the subject

15 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

So what have we learned from the 200+ posts on this page today?

Mark Campbell either is or isn't genuine, and the BtB guys either have or don't have substantial new information that could discredit him.

Very glad this is being debated at length by a lot of people who don't have a clue about the subject

Are you not familiar with how discussion forums work?

It says plenty that despite being so desperate to unseat the current board, so many fans are expressing reservations about this.  

All might be well of course, but if that's the case it's certainly not yet clearly the case.  Good on the BtB people for employing some critical facilities when looking at this.