The Falkirk FC Thread

Would people be a concern to people if MC had been a Director of several (more than 15 say) companies that have been liquidated/dissolved?
Is that the case or another hypothetical situation?

26 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Would people be a concern to people if MC had been a Director of several (more than 15 say) companies that have been liquidated/dissolved?

Are you suggesting as something you've heard/been told or just out of curiosity of the level of bad that would be required to convince people?

25 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Is that what the BtB information is? Let’s not be cryptic here, this isn’t on the same level as some of the ITK bollocks about signing players for our campaign in a pub league. The future of our club is at stake here.

If that’s the information that’s been presented to the MSG/Board and can be backed up with evidence then get this guy to f**k. Simple as.

To me, BtB look like the good guys here.
They cant win no matter what.
If they had stayed silent some people would be screaming for them to release a statement.
If they said they were 100% behind MC.. and it went tits up... screamers out again.
And now when they said they had doubts ... they're getting pelters.
No win situation for them.

3 hours ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Good to see the email was acted upon. 

I've been led to believe that your board are maybe not quite as competent as I'd hoped. In normal circumstances this would be terminal. Hopefully it is here. 

Would you be able to point me in the direction of your fan's forum? Cheers

They cant win no matter what.
If they had stayed silent some people would be screaming for them to release a statement.
If they said they were 100% behind MC.. and it went tits up... screamers out again.
And now when they said they had doubts ... they're getting pelters.
No win situation for them.

They could just have given their “findings” to MSG and left it at that. There was no need for the “statement”.

34 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Are you suggesting as something you've heard/been told or just out of curiosity of the level of bad that would be required to convince people?

what i've been told....i agree there could be many reason for this but definitely needs looked a closer.

Struggling to see the issue around BtB here, what have they done wrong?

BtB have passed on concerns they have to the MSG for further investigation as part of due diligence. The Sun have somehow found out that some fans have passed on concerns. BtB decide to release a small statement confirming it was them who passed on the information to MSG.

Due diligence is happening right now and there’s nothing to suggest these concerns, whatever they may be, can’t be explained. Just as much there’s nothing to confirm this guy is a chancer. What’s ridiculous is that any of this is out in the public but I’d argue that’s just as much MC’s fault than it is the MSG.

Common practice with developers to set up a company specifically for an individual project then dissolve on completion so without any substance that means nothing.

First off, I’d love this guy to be the messiah and deliver all our hopes and dreams on a silver platter, I’m just urging caution like most others.

Is there anything to stop him taking out loans against the FFC company name and therefor plunging an otherwise debt-free, if not stagnated football club into murky financial waters?
If that is somehow not possible then I stand corrected, I’m just being sceptical as I find it hard not to feel that way at this stage.
Pretty much my and a good few of my mates feelings.

Ive said nothing so far, I suppose theres always a chance this guy could be a chancer but then again how much worse can he be ?
To be fair, if he manages to asset strip a club with no assets then fair play to him he’s earned it in that case !
What I’ve noticed tho is that other Scottish clubs such as ayr utd and dundee have wealthy owners but that money doesn’t get thrown at the park like it does in england. Would we end up being the same ?

Common practice with developers to set up a company specifically for an individual project then dissolve on completion so without any substance that means nothing.

It would be interesting to see what these dissolved companies were i.e butcher, Baker, candlestick maker, also, if MC has been attached to any fully functioning companies for any length of time.
The guy is obviously English so he would have a track record of some sorts on these shores.

1 hour ago, Big Sid said:

First off, I’d love this guy to be the messiah and deliver all our hopes and dreams on a silver platter, I’m just urging caution like most others.

Is there anything to stop him taking out loans against the FFC company name and therefor plunging an otherwise debt-free, if not stagnated football club into murky financial waters?
If that is somehow not possible then I stand corrected, I’m just being sceptical as I find it hard not to feel that way at this stage.

As owner of a club, no there’s nothing to stop him doing that.  But that depends on someone being willing to lend.  To do that there would have to be either (a) something to secure it against (there isn’t) or (b) a strong cash flow with good bottom line that you can lend against in the knowledge that there is a solid means of repayment (there isn’t). 

Any moron that lends us money in our current position deserves all they get.