The Falkirk FC Thread

....but we have McManus as a foil to Sammon. We have Johnstone signed too.

There are other glaring deficiencies in the squad that haven’t been addressed (again). DKD might have been enough to save McKinnon’s job. I am not sure this signing will. It kind of just makes McKinnon’s blind spot look all the more glaring.

He has now painted himself into a very tight corner.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

....but we have McManus as a foil to Sammon. We have Johnstone signed too.

There are other glaring deficiencies in the squad that haven’t been addressed (again). DKD might have been enough to save McKinnon’s job. I am not sure this signing will. It kind of just makes McKinnon’s blind spot look all the more glaring.

He has now painted himself into a very tight corner.

Exactly my thoughts. He doesn't seem to realize that the build up play needs to be better to feed the strikers we have. Signing another striker won't all of a sudden help us create chances. 

McKinnon is a fucking diddy. 

What sort of whelm should I be feeling right now? Over or under?
So should we run?

Mainly a link up striker, good with both feet and decent finisher. I'd expect a few goals from him with games in the championship never mind league one. Desperately needs time playing though.

35 minutes ago, Widge said:

Suspect he’ll score goals at that level to be honest. He’s not quick, he’s not great technically and he won’t do a lot of running. However he’s scored goals in the Champions League and Europa League group stages and seems to generally be a poacher with a knack of being in the right place. Unfortunately he never was with saints, but then we could never afford to carry two strikers one of which didn’t do a lot of running.

Play him next to Connor Sammon and he’ll be decent id say.

22 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Mainly a link up striker, good with both feet and decent finisher. I'd expect a few goals from him with games in the championship never mind league one. Desperately needs time playing though.

How is he with floaty crosses lobbed in from just inside the opposition's half?

For a 30yr old, McMillan hasnt played a lot of football, There is a Dundalk have a vid with him as goal machine,  47 league starts and 51 goals is impressive but over 4 yr isn't

Perhaps Ray has been reading here and seen someone posted that he could play 3-2-5 and we will still be clueless up top !!

Cheers lads, we've been trying to punt him for the best part of a year.

Strange player. Isnt quick, isnt strong, doesnt win headers, doesnt pass the ball particularly well, doesnt hit shots with much power, but doesnt place them well either. 

Hes just sort of there and sometimes happens to get on the end of something to knock it in.

Best of luck to him, as he seems nice enough, but I suspect you'll be his last full time club before he returns to the Irish pub league.

McKinnon is fucking clueless and so much for the "johnstone will be a fantastic player for us" chat.

I've nothing against mcmillan, but I really dont see how he will fit into the team. To make a signing at this stage it should have been someone who will offer us something different to what we have, I just dont see this with McMillan.

Armstrong, Stirling or DKD would have been far better imo

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This reeks of another guy who sees no game time. And of he does, Johnstone won't. One of them is an utterly pointless signing..... But which?

From what the respective players did with us, Johnstone is the worst of the two.

The bottom line is this. DJ or this new guy won't score more than McManus or Sammon. That being the case, they won't get in the team. We know already those two will score if they get chances, so what exactly was the point in this unless Ray already knows DJ is not going to work out?

Baffling stuff.