The Falkirk FC Thread

The thing is he will see being in touching distance of the top as an achievement not to be disrespectful to any of the other teams in our league now but that isnt f**king good enough.  I would say the MSG are giving him till Christmas another defeat and i would say he is gone.

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Usually once the fans turn like the did on yesterday, the managers gone. At least that’s what happened with Hartley and Houston.

Here's hoping. I don't think I can stomach watching us under him again. 

10 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Here's hoping. I don't think I can stomach watching us under him again. 

Yep ! his days are numbered and he knows it. However he will not go until the ownership issue is resolved.

Can't see the board sacking him, heaping more attention to themselves in the selection process and appointment of whoever it is.

Yep ! his days are numbered and he knows it. However he will not go until the ownership issue is resolved.
Can't see the board sacking him, heaping more attention to themselves in the selection process and appointment of whoever it is.

Ownership isnt changing m8.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Ownership isnt changing m8.

As mentioned the key words being "seeking investment", with those clowns at the helm and their record of disastrous decisions would you put money into the club for them to spend.

3 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

McKinnon is not a total idiot, it has to have dawned on him that he is not very good at his job. 

If he had any self respect he would walk away.

You would have though the MSG would have the same view over themselves but refuse to admit it after some of the f*ck ups they have presided or been responsible for  but they dont see it.

Why would RM think the same

36 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Let's fucking hope so.

I'm at the stage where I'd take Dick Campbell.

Campbell won this league at a relative canter last year, and now has his part-time team outside the promotion playoff spots only on goal difference (one behind Inverness).  Campbell would be a fantastic appointment, but I don't see him leaving Arbroath. 

ETA:  I wouldn't expect them to finish the season as high as they are now, but there's no denying he's done a brilliant job there.  Really knows how to get the most out of a team.

Edited by Tulloch Gorum

6 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:
McKinnon is not a total idiot, it has to have dawned on him that he is not very good at his job. 
If he had any self respect he would walk away.

Self respect is worth less than money.
He wont walk. He needs to be pushed.

Edited by Bairnardo

10 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Campbell won this league at a relative canter last year, and now has his part-time team outside the promotion playoff spots only on goal difference (one behind Inverness).  Campbell would be a fantastic appointment, but I don't see him leaving Arbroath. 

ETA:  I wouldn't expect them to finish the season as high as they are now, but there's no denying he's done a brilliant job there.  Really knows how to get the most out of a team.

I don't disagree with you at all. I think he's a fantastic lower league manager.

McKinnon will be keeping as close to the MSG as he can. He has displayed time and again that he cannot manage players, so all he can do now is try a bit of upward management, and hope to persuade them that the punters haven’t a clue, and he is the right man, and it’s a really difficult league to get out of.

I am sure some/most of the MSG might quietly agree on his view of the punters.

He's never going FT

So, just to offer a mild distraction from the McKinnon/pitchfork crowd w**k for a wee bit, listening to the complaints on game threads and watching some highlights, exactly who is actually playing well for FFC and who is stealing a wage? For instance, most seem to believe that Gomis and Longridge are solid players, and few rate Dixon as worth a sixpence. How about a rundown of who is actually: Top performer, Worth the wage, On the fence, Stealing the money, Complete waste of a uniform? The reality is once McKinnon gets emptied, someone has to try to sort out the mess he made.