The Falkirk FC Thread

On 02/11/2019 at 20:13, Duncan Freemason said:

Official site for prices. Your location depends on how many you are likely to bring.

Just witnessed a very enjoyable afternoon at a real game of football  with Airdrie winning their first ever game at the stadium,  Couple of serious questions guys,,,   You have a fantastic setup and stadium well worthy of the Premier League,  a fan base to be proud of,  How the f***k have you ended up in the seaside league.   Is the stadium owned or rented ,    The Falkirk team on paper should blow away most teams in this league,   Twice i have saw Falkirk and they have played the same both games,   to me it didn't seem that Falkirk were wi!long to spill blood for the cause, Airdrie for once did and they have given their all for The much maligned Ian Murray,   is McKinnon the problem or his scattergun approach to signings.    Personally I think Falkirk are still favourites for the title,  Morgaro Gomis was all over the park, but most of his good work was always on the fringes and didn't cause too many problems....

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Just witnessed a very enjoyable afternoon at a real game of football  with Airdrie winning their first ever game at the stadium,  Couple of serious questions guys,,,   You have a fantastic setup and stadium well worthy of the Premier League,  a fan base to be proud of,  How the f***k have you ended up in the seaside league.   Is the stadium owned or rented ,    The Falkirk team on paper should blow away most teams in this league,   Twice i have saw Falkirk and they have played the same both games,   to me it didn't seem that Falkirk were wi!long to spill blood for the cause, Airdrie for once did and they have given their all for The much maligned Ian Murray,   is McKinnon the problem or his scattergun approach to signings.    Personally I think Falkirk are still favourites for the title,  Morgaro Gomis was all over the park, but most of his good work was always on the fringes and didn't cause too many problems....

Fairly sure Ray is a massive part of the problem but the players should be embarrassed of themselves. A squad that wouldn’t be out of place in the championship bottling it every single time any team stands up to them. 

Funnily enough thought today was one of Gomis’s poorest games for us. Gave the ball away countless times. Yet, was still in our top 3 performers. Says it all. 

41 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I’d imagine if he stayed the attendances would start to drop and anyone with some sanity won’t pay to watch that.

If this was going to happen, it would surely have happened long before now. We're well into our third consecutive season of utter dross with no negligible impact on crowd numbers. At Falkirk, there appears to be absolutely no correlation between attendances and what is served up on the pitch on a Saturday afternoon. I genuinely think we would have to drop another level to see any significant drop in crowd numbers.

It's all been said before, but the only opportunity for the support to make a statement and try to effect real change was in the summer. Instead, 2000+ rocked up to hand over season ticket cash, walk-ups are still healthy (inexplicably so, given the "entertainment" on display) and as long as McKinnon can play his " in contention", "up there", "only two points off the top" bullshit cards, I'm sure the board will be perfectly satisfied. He's more thank likely meeting their expectations. Unless or until we are in danger of falling away from even the play-off positions, there's little chance of any changes. We've a fair bit to go yet before we bottom out I suspect.

McKinnon is a one trick pony, and that trick is a pretty poor one.

When he talks about “changing things” what he actually means is “lumping it up to Sammon”, or if it’s a substitution, “changing things” means bringing on a player to perform exactly the same job as the one coming off.

After the Raith game, his instant dismissal of conceding two second half goals being down to Raith’s change of set up was very telling. Everyone else in the ground could see it except McKinnon.

He’s a talker, a football patter merchant (and not convincing at that either). He really has no depth of knowledge beyond his utterly awful set ups every week. We can see it doesn’t work, yet he persists with it not because he believes it, it’s because he doesn’t know any other way.

His managerial career is over. It’s down to FFC to make it official.

Looking at things i would say the MC takeover bought him some time , even if investment in the team did come i dont think MC wiould have kept him manager for long.  His comment a few weeks back were ask me again at Christmas  in regards to league standings (him trying to buy himself more time) after yesterdays results the only question now is do the Board stick with him and risk him costing them more money in another season in this league or risk or do they empty him either way it’s still going to cost them all depends on which one is the more important to them.

The club needs some form of continuity and needs to find its identity again as Project Hartley and the RM experience we have lost the lot.

Fair play to McKinnon in his interview, says we were unlucky, Airdrie's goals were against the run of play and that we played some lovely football.

We played better than we played at Forfar. Problem is Airdrie are way better than them.

He need emptied and quickly

The board now have a decision. What will cost more, sack McKinnon and pay him until his contract ends in the summer or the cost of staying in this league for another season with him at the helm.

I’d imagine if he stayed the attendances would start to drop and anyone with some sanity won’t pay to watch that.

They have people’s cash.

If fans wanted change then it was utterly stupid buying a ST.

If they bought one you are getting what you backed

If this was going to happen, it would surely have happened long before now. We're well into our third consecutive season of utter dross with no negligible impact on crowd numbers. At Falkirk, there appears to be absolutely no correlation between attendances and what is served up on the pitch on a Saturday afternoon. I genuinely think we would have to drop another level to see any significant drop in crowd numbers.
It's all been said before, but the only opportunity for the support to make a statement and try to effect real change was in the summer. Instead, 2000+ rocked up to hand over season ticket cash, walk-ups are still healthy (inexplicably so, given the "entertainment" on display) and as long as McKinnon can play his " in contention", "up there", "only two points off the top" bullshit cards, I'm sure the board will be perfectly satisfied. He's more thank likely meeting their expectations. Unless or until we are in danger of falling away from even the play-off positions, there's little chance of any changes. We've a fair bit to go yet before we bottom out I suspect.

Add the fact that the other big earner, hospitality, is rammed every week.

I have said this for years. You can keep knocking off the head of the wart but until you get to the route cause then the problem will keep coming back to the surface.

It needs the right new ownership and leadership. Until that happens we will continue to stumble on.

They had 1000 fans wanting to pledge money each month on top of their ST and merchandise cash and over 40 patrons willing to stump up lump sums.

Looking back at the last few months it was frankly disgraceful they did not accept that offer. After all it is those 1000+ fans club as much as six individuals. They just happen to own the shares.

BtB is sadly dead, I don’t see those guys having the appetite to restart it. How many are going to trust the BOD/MSG to actually get the right change after their last choice?

If we didn’t admit it before, we know it now, McKinnon and this / his squad, will never win this league.

We are a team of has beens and journeymen, who are only there to pick up a last full time football wage, some of them for two years.

With the exception of Mutch, there is no youth or prospects for the future. The board are 100% to blame for this.

Unlike most other teams at this level, we have no desire to play for one another, and we have no players who are basically for this level, grafters, guys who will get in the oppositions face and run all day. You need “horses for courses”

Individually we have one horrendously bad player, that is Durnan, he must be dropped and Toshney, who had done little wrong brought back into the team.

I wonder what we actually practice in training, our movement at and time to take throw ins is terrible.  

The “fringe” players  are never getting an opportunity to show if they have anything, so it has to be taken they are no good either.

Three points from twelve against the three teams above us, tells us everything.

We are here for a long time.

How’s McMillan getting on for you? When he first came over he looked passable, and like someone who knew where the goal was, but he got slated by the Hamilton fans last year and seems to not be scoring for a team who should be creating plenty chances. A dud? 
He looked promising to start with but has fallen right off. I thought he represented a rare wee bit of decrnt business from Ray.

We seem to have briefly flirted with the idea of providing service to the strikers then abandoned that and returned to letting donkey Durnan shell balls aimlessly in their direction.

On that basis, McMillan will fail just like Sammon and McManus will.

Guest Ecosse83

Well what a fucking shambles we are, completely rudderless from top to bottom. 

McKinnon clearly thinks the fans are thick if he thinks we will believe his interviews. Unfortunately he will stay in a job whilst we are in contention for the title. 

In a way I wish Margaret Lang was still the chairwoman she would have at least punted McKinnon by now!

25 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I agree he's got his faults but given that he's far better than anything we've had at right back since Duffie I'd be happy for him to stick around for a while.

I don't want to be that guy but give me Muirhead shelling aimlessly while being solid and a leader every day of the week.