The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Crunchie v Huntly. I don’t care about the level of the opposition. That was a goal that started with nothing but unfurled into a magnificent spectacle. The wee man’s goal in the semi v Hearts was a bit incredible too, but for me, at our place, the Huntly goal was just so special.

It was a cracker right enough. Crunchie was one of only a handful of Falkirk players that got you on you feet every time he got the ball. What made it that extra bit special was that he was a Falkirk fan himself.

Crunchie v Huntly. I don’t care about the level of the opposition. That was a goal that started with nothing but unfurled into a magnificent spectacle. The wee man’s goal in the semi v Hearts was a bit incredible too, but for me, at our place, the Huntly goal was just so special.
Pleased to say I attended both.

I cried after the Hearts game. Purely for Crunchie. It was heartbreaking to see him lose that game after he absolutely destroyed Gary Naysmith, and scored on of the finest goals youl see in a Scottish Cup semi.

David moss was fouled at the edge of the box before hearts made it 2-1! Absolutely shocking decision. Sure if they hadn’t scored straight after the equaliser we’d of been in our second final in a row. I was almost crushed when crunchie scored! Those were the days.

15 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Most memorable goal for me was Stainrod's diving header vs Celtic in the 4-3 win at the Brock.

I say "diving" but he was actually horizontal and flying ……..like Superman, which is pretty much how I still see him.    

And within a period of about two months, he'd scored that goal, scored from the half-way line at McDiarmid and then, in the next match against the Saintees, lobbed Lindsay Hamilton direct from a corner. Then a few weeks later we flogged him to Dundee for 50 grand. A genius, 1/100th of that entertainment these days would be superb.

So many memories....

Crunchies debut against Leeds - Amazing

Wee Willie McGuire in promotion against East Fife 2-2 - Brockville Rocked that day.

Crawford Baptie "concussed" v Ayr and Geordie Watson- Hilarious

Aberdeen 3-3, Celtic defeat 5-4 - Most emotional games ever!

Crunchie, Waddle,Sam Sam Supersam, Cadette, Parks, Latapy and so many more.

Simon Stainrod - Genius- More skill than all of today's squad added together.

For me ...It must be Super Tuesday, Brockville was absolutely bouncing that night, Looking along the enclosure and seeing the steam rise from everybody's head and my Dad in his late fifties giving it to the Fifers will never be bettered for me.

COYB Happy new year to all Bairns.

1 hour ago, Broken Bairn said:

So many memories....

Crunchies debut against Leeds - Amazing

Wee Willie McGuire in promotion against East Fife 2-2 - Brockville Rocked that day.

Crawford Baptie "concussed" v Ayr and Geordie Watson- Hilarious

Aberdeen 3-3, Celtic defeat 5-4 - Most emotional games ever!

Crunchie, Waddle,Sam Sam Supersam, Cadette, Parks, Latapy and so many more.

Simon Stainrod - Genius- More skill than all of today's squad added together.

For me ...It must be Super Tuesday, Brockville was absolutely bouncing that night, Looking along the enclosure and seeing the steam rise from everybody's head and my Dad in his late fifties giving it to the Fifers will never be bettered for me.

COYB Happy new year to all Bairns.

The 3 -3 game against Aberdeen was the nearest I saw Brockville to having a riot.

Everything that is nasty about the game was encapsulated in that night of shame from them.

Spitting-Punching-Kicking opposition players off the ball.  Diving. Pressurising referees to such a degree it was obvious it was from the training ground.

Will never forget them walking off the pitch after the 10 minute of extra time penalty. Smiling clapping each other on the back with a job well done. With their fans cheering on every one of their antics.

Have despised that club with a passion ever since and cheer on any team that plays that whinging cheats 11 to this day.

( you will have gathered by now I don't like Aberdeen Football club )

You are spot on with that post. Sure Willie Miller had the referee on remote control that night as he "influenced" every decision he gave Aberdeen, in fact, he made a pretty good career out of keeping ref's decisions in line with his thoughts!! Looking back at Simon with the league trophy on a shoogly old table at Brockville- Imagine the scenes from Health and Safety if that happened today (or May hopefully!!)

49 minutes ago, Broken Bairn said:

You are spot on with that post. Sure Willie Miller had the referee on remote control that night as he "influenced" every decision he gave Aberdeen, in fact, he made a pretty good career out of keeping ref's decisions in line with his thoughts!! Looking back at Simon with the league trophy on a shoogly old table at Brockville- Imagine the scenes from Health and Safety if that happened today (or May hopefully!!)

How did it finish 3-3 if Willie Miller was reffing the game? Are you questioning Miller's allegiance?!

51 minutes ago, Broken Bairn said:

Connor got sent off for spitting on Roddie Manley. Right in front of the linesman and he knew 100's of people saw him seeing it. He had no choice and he knew it.

The look of absolute misery on his face as he raised his flag to report it told you everything about the way Aberdeen manipulated things.

The spittle on Roddie Manley's face and strip gave the referee no choice. We did not get one decision for the rest of the game.

Had me racking my brain about favourite Brockville goal. I actually dont think I can pick one but I prefer Cruchie's goal in the semi to the one against Huntly.

McGivern's goal in the 7-1 victory versus Raith was a stunner from the bye line and around 30 yards out, all the goals were crackers(if memory is correct) that day tho but that was way and above the rest, Sure Connor got his books after that game.

Being a Tranmere fan I can also appreciate John Aldridge scoring from the halfway line in a pre season friendly at Brockville.

Mine was Billy Stevenson in the late 70’s when he ran from halfway inside his own half to score at the Hope Street end in a 4-1 win v The Scum. Up there with that was the half time pitch battle

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Mine was Billy Stevenson in the late 70’s when he ran from halfway inside his own half to score at the Hope Street end in a 4-1 win v The Scum. Up there with that was the half time pitch battle

Billy Stevenson is up there with Stewart Wheatley in the ' What you playing at letting them go ' stakes when the club freed them.

8 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The 3 -3 game against Aberdeen was the nearest I saw Brockville to having a riot.

Everything that is nasty about the game was encapsulated in that night of shame from them.

Spitting-Punching-Kicking opposition players off the ball.  Diving. Pressurising referees to such a degree it was obvious it was from the training ground.

Will never forget them walking off the pitch after the 10 minute of extra time penalty. Smiling clapping each other on the back with a job well done. With their fans cheering on every one of their antics.

Have despised that club with a passion ever since and cheer on any team that plays that whinging cheats 11 to this day.

( you will have gathered by now I don't like Aberdeen Football club )

That was my first ever live game of football

And some of the lows...

Neil Oliver's "goal" in 97 being chopped off - Sandy Roy= Tosser

Jim Leishman's "Aeroplane" celebration.

Ryan Flynn missing at Killie

Stevie Naismith hat-rick in the semi at Motherwell,

Pressleys " we will stay up" promise.

Yogi joking with Super Ally at 2-0 down at Hampden in the semi.

Lex Miller becoming Chairman.