The Falkirk FC Thread

Oh come on. 6-0 ? Surely you can be arsed with that pal.

TBH the last 20 minutes were very good. The preceding 70 were far from inspiring.

The team is looking better there is no doubt but we still haven’t beaten Raith, Airdrie, Clyde and East Fife in 10 games in ALL competitions. What price would have got on that back in August.

Add a sense of perspective to it all and look at Livingston being 5th in the Premiership.

Let’s hope this is finally that the club has turned the corner and the only way is up. However I think unless we beat Raith in both games this could be a real squeaky bum league run in. I don’t see Raith dropping too many points.

Feet on the ground still for me

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

TBH the last 20 minutes were very good. The preceding 70 were far from inspiring.

The team is looking better there is no doubt but we still haven’t beaten Raith, Airdrie, Clyde and East Fife in 10 games in ALL competitions. What price would have got on that back in August.

Add a sense of perspective to it all and look at Livingston being 5th in the Premiership.

Let’s hope this is finally that the club has turned the corner and the only way is up. However I think unless we beat Raith in both games this could be a real squeaky bum league run in. I don’t see Raith dropping too many points.

Feet on the ground still for me

Oh I agree but my point was there has been some improvements performance wise and this shouldn’t be the time to be ripping into fellow Falkirk fans.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Oh I agree but my point was there has been some improvements performance wise and this shouldn’t be the time to be ripping into fellow Falkirk fans.

Best ignored mate, I am used to the abuse by now and have just learned to accept it.

Can a square go be organised between marshmallo and Bairnardo please? Most importantly, could that person also start a new thread for all related discussion?

I generally agree with a lot both post, but the squabbling is tedious as f**k.

Can a square go be organised between marshmallo and Bairnardo please? Most importantly, could that person also start a new thread for all related discussion?

Have always said I am happy to just ignore eachother and have encouraged him to do the same. I never initiate it, nor do I understand why he does. As always though, happy to leave it there. No intention of stinking out this or any match thread.

For my part in it, you all have my apologies.

8 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

Agreed, I think both add a good deal to this thread and the arguing is silly and boring. We’re all falkirk fans at the end of the day, leave your little rivalry for the pms maybe?

While I agree with BPM about the first hour or so of the game, I think the context of Todd and Hall and De Vita coming into the starting line up was a wee risk we had to take, but it worked out pretty well. They were finding their feet, and so some errors were always going to be on the cards.

We just have to hope it’s upwards from here. For me, we really need to beat Raith home and away, so I agree with BPM on that.

I’d also like Lewis to stop mentioning unbeaten runs of 11 games or whatever it is. Leave that stuff with McKinnon. It’s now all about winning games and establishing a mindset for the rest of the league that beating FFC isn’t likely to happen.

It really is pedal to the metal time.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

While I agree with BPM about the first hour or so of the game, I think the context of Todd and Hall and De Vita coming into the starting line up was a wee risk we had to take, but it worked out pretty well. They were finding their feet, and so some errors were always going to be on the cards.

We just have to hope it’s upwards from here. For me, we really need to beat Raith home and away, so I agree with BPM on that.

I’d also like Lewis to stop mentioning unbeaten runs of 11 games or whatever it is. Leave that stuff with McKinnon. It’s now all about winning games and establishing a mindset for the rest of the league that beating FFC isn’t likely to happen.

It really is pedal to the metal time.

I agree with sentiment of post but didn't you suggest we wouldn't get any better with transfer window ?

We also don't need to beat Raith home and away, there will be many points dropped by ourselves and Raith. We could as it stands get zero points from Raith and still win the league.

Lewis pump it up about our unbeaten run, it's nowhere near McKinnon stats of unbeaten in that we actually win games, the McKinnon stats are based on painting a bad picture good and from what I see so far is good.

I'm expecting the cup to kill our unbeaten record either on Tuesday or Saturday but please Lewis pump up unbeaten league record.

It is pedal to metal now as far as league business and I don't see any reason why M & M can't go unbeaten till the end of the season, doing the job McKinnon should've done tho

I agree with sentiment of post but didn't you suggest we wouldn't get any better with transfer window ?
We also don't need to beat Raith home and away, there will be many points dropped by ourselves and Raith. We could as it stands get zero points from Raith and still win the league.
Lewis pump it up about our unbeaten run, it's nowhere near McKinnon stats of unbeaten in that we actually win games, the McKinnon stats are based on painting a bad picture good and from what I see so far is good.
I'm expecting the cup to kill our unbeaten record either on Tuesday or Saturday but please Lewis pump up unbeaten league record.
It is pedal to metal now as far as league business and I don't see any reason why M & M can't go unbeaten till the end of the season, doing the job McKinnon should've done tho

No, I didn’t write off any improvement. I reckoned that neither ourselves (or anybody else) would show wondrous improvement after this window.
Wrt Raith. We need to beat them. Sure, we could lose both games to them and still win the league, but tell me, which scenario is more likely for us to win the league? You are ignoring the entire confidence factor in all of this. It’s so important. If we beat them, I reckon their season will start to unravel.
Games won are what really matters. The games that really will define our season are the ones against the teams we haven’t beaten this season. That’s the guaranteed way of having days when they lose and we win.

Last time we played we should've beaten raith with 10 men, and the game at their park, I don't think they could come back against us now the way we're playing. We seem to have strengthened with the January signings and fitness issues look to have faded as we aren't blowing out our ***** after 70 minutes now. Positive signs since Ray was bumped, I'd say we are now genuine favourites for the league not just favourites because we're the big team in the league. Be nice to get a cup run on top of everything else.

Long way to go and as far as the league title is concerned it's half time. Lets not get cocky, we are in not a bad position. One point off the top. GD as good as a point at the end of the season. Moral up. Core of 4-5 players with a couple of maybe's that are good enough for a higher league. 

So a bit less on the forum of regurgitating criticism on certain players, it's saying the same thing using different words and getting a bit boring.

Back the management and the players on the park. Win this damn league and put the season behind us.

Long way to go and as far as the league title is concerned it's half time. Lets not get cocky, we are in not a bad position. One point off the top. GD as good as a point at the end of the season. Moral up. Core of 4-5 players with a couple of maybe's that are good enough for a higher league. 
 So a bit less on the forum of regurgitating criticism on certain players, it's saying the same thing using different words and getting a bit boring.
Back the management and the players on the park. Win this damn league and put the season behind us.

Agree we need to enjoy it while we can . It seems like there is a better optimistic atmosphere around the place. I don’t doubt we still have underlying problems but let’s put them to the side whilst we concentrate on finishing the job in hand for now.
The footballing style adopted by M&M is much better to watch and you can see the improvement in the players confidence. The fans can play their part by getting of the back of Durnan and Samon and lets see where we are in a months time. I have been as critical as the next man but to be fair to Durnan in particular he has put in two solid performances. If we get through tonight I’m backing big Conner to dump hearts out the Cup coyb

Just now, Stainrod said:

Agree we need to enjoy it while we can . It seems like there is a better optimistic atmosphere around the place. I don’t doubt we still have underlying problems but let’s put them to the side whilst we concentrate on finishing the job in hand for now.
The footballing style adopted by M&M is much better to watch and you can see the improvement in the players confidence. The fans can play their part by getting of the back of Durnan and Samon and lets see where we are in a months time. I have been as critical as the next man but to be fair to Durnan in particular he has put in two solid performances. If we get through tonight I’m backing big Conner to dump hearts out the Cup coyb

Enjoy what.  Not much enjoyable  about being second top of one of the countries seaside leagues im afraid.