The Falkirk FC Thread

The SPFL have (correctly given the rules) rejected our request to postpone the game, so you'll either be playing against our youth team or will be awarded the win. If it's the former your bet will presumably be valid, if it's the latter then they'll void it.
Cheers, goni let it run, hope your youth team are crap.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Top 20 news stories on just-style in 2016... | Apparel Industry Analysis |  just-style

Here we go...

20 - 232 Appearances

Whizzing up the wing to a top 20 slot is a talented yet frustrating player who had the unfortunate nickname of "Handbag". From '75 to '83, with 24 goals in his time, it's John Perry.

Never quite realised his potential.

Always seem to think of Meadowbank Thistle.

Did he come from there or do I just recall seeing him play at that terrible stadium?

Most memorable looking player at your club - Page 4 - Scottish Championship  General Chatter - The Pie Shop

Storming in at number 19, with 37 goals and many many more memories from his time, it's a total legend of the Scottish game. Mind you, looking up the list they pretty much all are (for us at any rate).

19 - 243 Appearances

In two spells from 1984 to 1993, he very much symbolised FFC at times. Of course it's Crawford Baptie.

Kingsley's a difficult one but for me this season isn't one to be gambling on him signing. I hope that as well as a keeper we are looking at bringing in a defender in on loan today as at least with the defender we can guarantee that he'll get first team action. 

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Most memorable looking player at your club - Page 4 - Scottish Championship  General Chatter - The Pie Shop

Storming in at number 19, with 37 goals and many many more memories from his time, it's a total legend of the Scottish game. Mind you, looking up the list they pretty much all are (for us at any rate).

19 - 243 Appearances

In two spells from 1984 to 1993, he very much symbolised FFC at times. Of course it's Crawford Baptie.

Ah the inspiration behind my username... 

24 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

We haven't brought an English player up on loan - which means paying accommodation - since we got relegated to League One. I'd be surprised if that changed now. Particularly given how tight money will be with possibly no fans or hospitality all season. 

One of the former FVFA recruitment scouts observed on another fan page that West Ham have a good U23 goalie. That's all it usually takes for someone to start up with the "I have a source" stuff. . 

We shall see. 

calm down pal, I know for a fact we were trying to get him in, if this materialises who knows.

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Kingsley's a difficult one but for me this season isn't one to be gambling on him signing. I hope that as well as a keeper we are looking at bringing in a defender in on loan today as at least with the defender we can guarantee that he'll get first team action. 

I agree. He'd be a top signing but there should have been a deadline on him saying yes and once that past we move on. I'm not convinced by the boys we have at the back as it is never mind the fact that an injury or two back there and we're snookered.

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Willie Whigham - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

18 - 244 Appearances

By all accounts as mad as a box of frogs but a fearsomely brave and talented keeper. A hero to Middlesborough followers too.

Willie Whigham. 1960-1966.

One of the best.

A real sixties teddy boy With the DA hairstyle and drainpipe trousers.

Watched him from behind the Watson Street end.

After Bert Slater, probably our best keeper

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Although I’ve heard we are looking Willie Muir from Queens Park, who only have 17 players and 3 of them goalkeepers, including Cammy Bell. Whether a certain C Sammon would go the other way... we can only hope.

Kingsley signing and this would be glorious. 

A dream deadline day would be:

•Conor Sammon departing the club.

•We sign a half decent cheap keeper on loan as back up.

•Kingsley comes home.

But I'd settle for the first two and us signing a centre back on loan instead of gambling on Kingsley.

15 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Killie have forfeited the tie, assuming we’re getting a 3 - 0 win 

Now confirmed on the SPFL twitter.

from Killie website

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-betfred-cup-tie-with-falkirk/

Kilmarnock FC can confirm that our Betfred Cup clash with Falkirk will not go ahead as scheduled. 

The club’s entire first-team squad was advised to self-isolate by a Problem Assessment Group led by NHS Ayrshire and Arran following six positive COVID-19 tests recorded last week.

We approached the SPFL Board suggesting a series of alternative dates to play the match but this request was rejected.

The SPFL Board have confirmed that the punishment for not fulfilling this fixture is the award of a 3-0 win to Falkirk FC

The only way to fulfil the fixture on the original date (October 6) would be to field a team consisting of players from our U18s squad.

Manager Alex Dyer said: “We have a duty of care for the physical and emotional wellbeing of our young players and that’s something we take extremely seriously.

“Everyone at Kilmarnock FC takes great pride in the work carried out by the Academy staff and the boys performed exceptionally well to reach the Youth Cup final prior to the COVID shutdown.

Blooding youngsters into the first team environment carefully and at the right time is something that I believe in but as manager, I did not feel comfortable fielding an entire team of teenagers, all of whom have no first-team experience while very few have sampled Reserve football.

“While forfeiting the match is not an easy decision to make in my opinion, it would not be right to play the game as scheduled against such experienced opposition as it could be detrimental not only to the young players themselves but also to the sporting integrity of the competition.”

No decision has yet been taken over our next scheduled match against Dunfermline on Tuesday, October 13 and we will update supporters as soon as possible.