The Falkirk FC Thread

It all about opinions.....

With respect the post you reply to has little in the way of opinion.

Deans was brought in by the MSG and he did hand pick the Board.

The Academy bit is fact.

Whether he is a stooge or not is the only bit really that is open to conjecture.

As far a the CI Initiative goes my limited understanding is that those handling it on the Boards behalf were trying to just take over. The guys stood their ground and I believe that the discussions are moving again which is great news.

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

Harry Cochrane leaving Hearts at the end of the season. I would get in there if I were us. Good legs in the middle of the park. 

I think a lot of his failing has been down to his billy big baws attitude. That being said I don't mind a player with a bit of self confidence about their ability. He'll get a gig in the championship no doubt so hopefully we are in for him. Still waiting for somebody to spill the beans on the right back, hopefully not the same right back that got scudded 5-0 last night.

Hearts would be looking for a decent compensation fee so I doubt it'll be us signing him. Maybe on his way south.

Edited by FFC 1876

19 hours ago, FalkirkBairn1995 said:

It it’s a RB who currently plays in this league there’s only one player imo that would be an exciting signing. That’s Cammy Ballentyne, anyone else would be a bit meh and if it’s Foster I’ll greet. 

What about Neilson? 

Supposed ITK posts are the worst thing about P&B.  Folk really need to stop with the "I'm hearing a player signed but I can't possibly say who it is" pish.   What's the reason not to just spill other than the chance to act billy big time on an online forum?  

16 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

What about Neilson? 

Supposed ITK posts are the worst thing about P&B.  Folk really need to stop with the "I'm hearing a player signed but I can't possibly say who it is" pish.   What's the reason not to just spill other than the chance to act billy big time on an online forum?  

You need to take yer head out of candyland. Neilson's one of if not Dundee United's most promising youth prospects and you expect us to sign him permanently?

Edited by FFC 1876

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

You need to take yer head out of candyland. Neilson's one if not Dundee United's most promising youth prospects and you expect us to sign him permanently?

No but he's playing in this league and would be an exciting signing.  Granted we'd be relying on Mickey Mellon being an idiot but there are plenty of those about.  

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

No but he's playing in this league and would be an exciting signing.  Granted we'd be relying on Mickey Mellon being an idiot but there are plenty of those about.  

You'd be relying on it being Mickey Mouse we're dealing with not Micky Mellon.

Guest Ecosse83
23 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

What about Neilson? 

Some folk just want to show that they get told a few wee things now and again, pretty sad really!

4 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

Deans is an MSG stooge. He was brought in by Liddell and then Deans brought in this current lot onto the Board.

What happened to the consortium of local businessmen/fans (some of whom were instrumental in getting the Rawlins deal over the line) who wanted to significantly invest in the Club? How’s that progressing?

The blueprint for the Academy relaunch is almost exactly what this local consortium put to the Club over a year ago which was turned down at the time. 

I still wouldn’t trust this lot to run a bath let alone our football club. 

Consortium got fed up being mucked about by the current bod and told them to stick it that's what happened.

4 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

Anybody got the name of the rb we’re rumoured to have signed?

There's a fair few loose lippers that do but they've only half supplied the information. First one to name wins. Don't think it would be Williamson as surely he'd wait to see who goes up this season before commiting himself elsewhere which most likely means it's Cammy Ballantyne from Montrose which doesn't set the heather alight as he's not really been a stand out in the games against us this season. Would have to get Montrose fans opinions on him though.

Edited by FFC 1876

15 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

There's a fair few loose lippers that do but they've only half supplied the information. First one to name wins. Don't think it would be Williamson as surely he'd wait to see who goes up this season before commiting himself elsewhere which most likely means it's Cammy Ballantyne from Montrose which doesn't set the heather alight as he's not really been a stand out in the games against us this season. Would have to get Montrose fans opinions on him though.

And knowing us we'll have signed the wrong bloody one.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

And knowing us we'll have signed the wrong bloody one.

We'd be in luck if we had signed the wrong Cammy Ballantyne as the other ones been on fire this season earning rave reviews. Centre mid on loan from St Johnstone. So if it is the right back Ballantyne we most likely have signed the wrong one so to speak.

Edited by FFC 1876

Just now, Ryan-FFC said:

The rb’s that are playing in this league and currently out of contract at the end of the season are Foster, Williamson, Ballantyne and I think Munro.

It would not be a surprise to see us sign Foster tbh.

Surely his pain in the arse sevco wife would prevent him ever joining us.