The Falkirk FC Thread

I can see a few loan signings coming in. Not ideal imo but better than nothing.

When will (some) fans realise that we must drop back (even further) in wages in order for the club to survive?

Ach well, the next couple of weeks will be interesting :)

I'm struggling to muster up much enthusiasm for next season but I'm strangely looking forward to it. Does that even make any sense!?

Anyway, in my opinion it's plainly obvious we aren't going to win the league, so I'd rather we spent hee-haw and finished 5th or 6th rather than spend decent money on an ill-fated promotion campaign and finished 2nd or 3rd.

Anyway, in my opinion it's plainly obvious we aren't going to win the league, so I'd rather we spent hee-haw and finished 5th or 6th rather than spend decent money on an ill-fated promotion campaign and finished 2nd or 3rd.

Yeah, it's a tricky one. In theory you are right - it would be best to have a comedy squad costing absolute peanuts and trying to avoid relegation.

But that would pretty much kill your walk up attendance and probably next seasons' season ticket sales.

But then another season of being Pressleyed will likely do that anyway. He's going to fail no matter what his budget is.

Surely the funnier rumour was that Reading are offering Tam Scobbie a trial?

I wish Carl all the best if true but you have to wonder either how badly our strikers have been managed if Finnigan and Stewart have SPL suitors or Derek McInnes is getting desperate for strikers.

I've always been quite defensive of Finnigan as I think he gets a bit of a hard time off our supporters, but I'm surprised he's managed to get a move to a higher level if this comes off. Fair play to the guy.

Surely the funnier rumour was that Reading are offering Tam Scobbie a trial?

Seriously? :lol:

That can't possibly be true... although didn't Mark Kerr and Collin Samuel go on trial with Everton?

Edited by H_B

St Johnstone are close to tying up a deal for former Falkirk striker Carl Finnigan after being forced to admit defeat in bids to sign former Bristol Rovers man Darryl Duffy and Falkirk's Mark Stewart. (Daily Express)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Carl Finnigan :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

So Duffy is training with us but no deal has been offered. What harm would it do to make a offer for him the worst that can happen is he rejects us and we are no worse off.

Scobbie been offered a trial with Derby so hopefully we can get some cash in and get some more players in.

Good luck to Carl if indeed he signs for St. Johnstone. I too am a bit surprised at him signing for an SPL team considering his pitiful goals return last season but I was one of the few to really rate him and to want to keep him on for next season so I hope everything works out for him.

Brian O'Burton

Speaking of that useless c**t does anyone know if he's signed or training with anyone yet?

Scobbie been offered a trial with Derby so hopefully we can get some cash in and get some more players in.

:lol: Not a fucking chance. He's nowhere even close to being good enough for the Championship.

Jim Preston is away to Dunfermline also.

Good news if true yet more wages saved.

Good luck to Carl if indeed he signs for St. Johnstone. I too am a bit surprised at him signing for an SPL team considering his pitiful goals return last season but I was one of the few to really rate him and to want to keep him on for next season so I hope everything works out for him.

Speaking of that useless c**t does anyone know if he's signed or training with anyone yet?

:lol: Not a fucking chance. He's nowhere even close to being good enough for the Championship.

Good news if true yet more wages saved.

Confirmed about Jim Preston - http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20110622/pars-new-coach_2207955_2380634

I'm struggling to muster up much enthusiasm for next season but I'm strangely looking forward to it. Does that even make any sense!?

Blind faith?

I haven't been able to make that many games over the past few seasons so being able to go along on a more regular basis is something I'm looking forward to. The football on show might not be great but I'll be happy just being there and having something good to do on a Saturday besides studying.

Why do you like him? Think I'm far from alone in needing convincing that this signing has any merit at all. McInnes has been going on all summer about looking for that bit of quality in attack, so I think most fans were expecting slightly more than a guy not only released by Falkirk but who the majority didn't seem to rate.

Would not be at all surprised to see Finnigan do ok with St Johnstone and get a few goals, interesting to see what another coaching team gets from him. Although occasionally effective getting opponents sent off... he needs to cut out some of the negative side of his game

If St Johnstone have a successful season and he sticks around, don't forget he's suspended in Europe... ;)

Would not be at all surprised to see Finnigan do ok with St Johnstone and get a few goals, interesting to see what another coaching team gets from him. Although occasionally effective getting opponents sent off... he needs to cut out some of the negative side of his game

If St Johnstone have a successful season and he sticks around, don't forget he's suspended in Europe... ;)

Ha, I'd forgotten about that. Remind me of the barking mad lineup we played in Vaduz?

Patch on the Ochils, it's not a patch on the Ochils...

Tam Mcmanus is set to sign a new deal. Boaby the best has apparently got a few offers so the chances of him staying aren't as probable as Pressley hoped. Mark Stewart also gone, but I believe that's already confirmed.

Edited by wee_bairn