The Falkirk FC Thread

Jack Ross would be an outrageously good appointment to the extent that I would probably get a permanent stiffy were it to happen (wishful thinking at my age and state of dilapidation).

Very unlikely to happen of course but what a message it would send out that the Bairns are back and mean business.

PS no thanks to Brian Rice.

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Agree with what others have said. Spend a bit of the transfer money on Ross. Make an offer he’d have to seriously consider. Might just be the difference of getting out this league. We’ll soon seen the ambition of the club. 

Absolutely. What's the worst that can happen, he says no?

I absolutely loved him as a player, thought he was treated really poorly at the end.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Just read about Jack Ross. 100% have to give everything to securing his services. 

Him getting sacked at this very moment is like all our ducks lining up in a row. The timing couldn’t be better, just need to do everything we can to encourage him to drop down to us.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Jack Ross would be an outrageously good appointment to the extent that I would probably get a permanent stiffy were it to happen (wishful thinking at my age and state of dilapidation).

Very unlikely to happen of course but what a message it would send out that the Bairns are back and mean business.

PS no thanks to Brian Rice.

If we do not try for Jack Ross then that would be beyond stupid. FFS should be talking to him this morning.

Of course I’d absolutely love Jack Ross but realistically there’s really no chance he’d come down to our level. He’d probably be favourite for the next job in the Premiership (outside the Old Firm and Hearts obviously).

Do agree that we’ve nothing to lose by approaching him now he’s free but can’t see anything coming from it.

You never know but Jack Ross is a pipe dream. Can't hurt to ask but he's just left one of the biggest clubs in the country it's hardly going to be worth his while dropping down to the third division of scottish football, even if it is his home town team. 

I reckon it's a stick on to be Brian Rice at least until the end of the season. Wouldn't be my choice but we're not exactly flush with decent options at this point and we'll not be appointing another rookie anytime soon.

Ludicrous to suggest Ross would drop to L1.  H Ridiculous he's even been sacked - Hibs are 7th in the Premiership and in a cup final.  A few good results and they'd be back in the top 5.  What exactly are the expectations there. 

Ross could earn far more money down south or the next Premier league job that comes along.  

Uninspiring though it might be I'd be incredibly surprised if Rice isn't announced in the next day or two. 

Would have liked us to at least advertise.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Don’t ask you won’t get as unlikely as it would be to happen.

He had a deal until 2024 so unlikely that hibs have just paid all that off at once so may  he hang around and wait for a Motherwell/St Johnstone while still being paid by hibs  but worth making the call.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

You never know but Jack Ross is a pipe dream. Can't hurt to ask but he's just left one of the biggest clubs in the country it's hardly going to be worth his while dropping down to the third division of scottish football, even if it is his home town team. 

I reckon it's a stick on to be Brian Rice at least until the end of the season. Wouldn't be my choice but we're not exactly flush with decent options at this point and we'll not be appointing another rookie anytime soon.

He's going to be heading down a level wherever he goes. Just depends on whether he fancied a project or not. You've got to sell it to him simple as that. At least he knows what the place is all about and is a local lad although not a fan.. I'd be extremely pissed off if we didn't at least have a conversation with him regarding the post. We've missed out on decent managers on the past mainly due to wrong timing this timing couldn't be any better.