The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I'd rather they spent time telling folk why Holt is still in a f*cking job! Keeping him in his post will have a detrimental effect on us remaining financially viable, and having a budget to buy players.

If he's actually signing players then perhaps but knowing Keith and Kenny they aren't stupid guys and are Falkirk through and through unlike some of the last lot. If Holt is still there then there must be a valid reason for it that outweighs the easy popularity win of punting him straight away. If the signings in January turn out shite they will undoubtedly pay for it but  I'm happy to wait and see who comes in over the next few weeks before sticking the boot in.  Let them get on with the job and then judge them on results when the time comes.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If he's actually signing players then perhaps but knowing Keith and Kenny they aren't stupid guys and are Falkirk through and through unlike some of the last lot. If Holt is still there then there must be a valid reason for it that outweighs the easy popularity win of punting him straight away. If the signings in January turn out shite they will undoubtedly pay for it but  I'm happy to wait and see who comes in over the next few weeks before sticking the boot in.  Let them get on with the job and then judge them on results when the time comes.

What valid reason? Please tell me? Feel free to speculate. I can think of NO valid reason why he is still here, not one.

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So you'd rather they spent time telling folk who we aren't signing than ensuring that the club has the right people on the board , is financially solid and not going to go bust and that the manager has a budget to spend in January? Each to his own I suppose.

Again your talking about the DG situation and that's not what some are criticising.

That's a sideshow imo and I agree doesn't need a statement. 

Whenever there is silence the void will be filled by speculation and that's exactly what is happening.

2 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Why would you need to pay him off? He’s not even been in post for a year (or maybe just a year now cba checking)

God knows what kind of contracts deans crew have handed out over the past few years. If they were happy to sanction 3 years for Brad Mackay Holt's probably got a cast iron 5 year deal under his belt. 

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Again your talking about the DG situation and that's not what some are criticising.

That's a sideshow imo and I agree doesn't need a statement. 

Whenever there is silence the void will be filled by speculation and that's exactly what is happening.

I'm sure once there is something to tell the fans the bod will put out a statement. We've had statement after statement over the past 3 years telling us how great we are going to be and look where that's fecking got us 

25 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

What valid reason? Please tell me? Feel free to speculate. I can think of NO valid reason why he is still here, not one.

As I said we're not talking about a bod who aren't in touch with the fans here like the last mob. They until a month odd ago were just fans following the team home and away and getting as pissed off with the running of the club as anyone. They have now invested their own hard earned cash in the club aren't going to allow anyone to pish it down the drain like the last bod who were happy to spend other folks money badly . They know Holt is unpopular so again there must be a valid reason for not moving him on.  They aren't going to release a statement though telling people why they want to fire Holt but can't are they FFS. Give them a chance.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

As I said we're not talking about a bod who aren't in touch with the fans here like the last mob. They until a month odd ago were just fans following the team home and away and getting as pissed off with the running of the club as anyone. They have now invested their own hard earned cash in the club aren't going to allow anyone to pish it down the drain like the last bod who were happy to spend other folks money badly . They know Holt is unpopular so again there must be a valid reason for not moving him on.  They aren't going to release a statement though telling people why they want to fire Holt but can't are they FFS. Give them a chance.

Shadwell, again, you and others come out with this statement. What can it be?

He is shit at his job, has no people skills, is unpopular with the fans and, I am speculating here, probably unpopular with the players. Certainly publicly mocking Dowds and Wilson can't have endeared him to their friends in the squad.

I am frustrated as hell with the situation re: Holt and yet we are all supposed to trust them and all pull together? Bollox.

11 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Shadwell, again, you and others come out with this statement. What can it be?

He is shit at his job, has no people skills, is unpopular with the fans and, I am speculating here, probably unpopular with the players. Certainly publicly mocking Dowds and Wilson can't have endeared him to their friends in the squad.

I am frustrated as hell with the situation re: Holt and yet we are all supposed to trust them and all pull together? Bollox.

Why not email them or  speak to the fss reps and ask for an explanation if it's that big a concern for you.  I'm happy to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks before sticking the boot in but I realise that some fans  are a bit more impatient .  

18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How long would you give them as a matter of interest?

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

How long would you give them as a matter of interest?

Let's face it if this managerial appointment doesn't work and the January signings are poor then they'll be in serious trouble.  We need to see improvements on the field by the end of this month or we will be in serious danger of going down. The bod know as well as anyone that another poor transfer window won't be tolerated but I'm not going to get fired into them till I see who comes in and what that means to us on the park. Until then I don't think writing off the new bod is doing anyone any good.

I agree it's too soon to be writing off the board but the lack of communication has been surprising.  

I'm not talking about making statements re Goodwillie, but about basic stuff.  Who they are, what the immediate plans are, when a chairman will be appointed, the fact McFarlane has gone etc.  

I don't know any of the board members but it doesn't feel like someone like Nigel Serafini (for example) is going to have a huge amount of time on his hands to be MD of Lothian Buses and also putting time and effort into getting things moving at Falkirk.  Do they all have full time jobs outside FFC?  Some basic info would be welcome even if it's just an overview of who they are and how they'll work.  

Also - I think every fans hope was that the first action would be to empty Holt and its concerning that he's still here.  Martin Rennie himself has admitted that players are already lined up and that work was well underway prior to him coming in - I don't dispute R&M will have the final say but if everyone presented as an option is sh*te or Holt can't agree deals with any decent ones then we're in the shit.  

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Let's face it if this managerial appointment doesn't work and the January signings are poor then they'll be in serious trouble.  We need to see improvements on the field by the end of this month or we will be in serious danger of going down. The bod know as well as anyone that another poor transfer window won't be tolerated but I'm not going to get fired into them till I see who comes in and what that means to us on the park. Until then I don't think writing off the new bod is doing anyone any good.

Would rather see 2 - 3 quality signings as the backbone of what is trying to be achieved. That's if we FFC can persuade them to join this clusterfuck of a club (many won't touch us understandably) Rather than another batch of the same that have come in out and shook it all about.

What should be looked for is the type of player that will improve the players around them.

20 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I agree it's too soon to be writing off the board but the lack of communication has been surprising.  

I'm not talking about making statements re Goodwillie, but about basic stuff.  Who they are, what the immediate plans are, when a chairman will be appointed, the fact McFarlane has gone etc.  

I don't know any of the board members but it doesn't feel like someone like Nigel Serafini (for example) is going to have a huge amount of time on his hands to be MD of Lothian Buses and also putting time and effort into getting things moving at Falkirk.  Do they all have full time jobs outside FFC?  Some basic info would be welcome even if it's just an overview of who they are and how they'll work.  

Also - I think every fans hope was that the first action would be to empty Holt and its concerning that he's still here.  Martin Rennie himself has admitted that players are already lined up and that work was well underway prior to him coming in - I don't dispute R&M will have the final say but if everyone presented as an option is sh*te or Holt can't agree deals with any decent ones then we're in the shit.  

Do we need really any more info on the new bod members other than that put on the website detailing their backgrounds when they were first appointed though? Do we really need a statement reiterating the fact that a chairman will be appointed in due course? I'm sure the immediate plans will be set out clearly once they have been finalised. I for one can cope without the usual we're going to do our best drivel and wait for some real news on the way forward .  They've not been in the door a month yet , have already appointed a brand new management team and have punted MacFarlane and the odious security boy hanging about the club intimidating folk.  The rest will come all in good time or people will quite rightly criticise but I don't think less than a month in is the right time for that.

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

1. There were plenty of tickets so no need for anyone to queue for hours. 

2. Should it be first come first served for every home game under restrictions? How are people who aren’t able to get down to the stadium or who don’t live locally supposed to get a shot of seeing a game (which they’ve already paid for, by the way)?

3. How is it in any way relevant to the fans feelings about Holt.

Nice attempt at deflection but excluding hardcore support from a simple ballot is just nonsense. 

Same contempt shown as those calling fans hysterical for wanting Holt sacked. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

God knows what kind of contracts deans crew have handed out over the past few years. If they were happy to sanction 3 years for Brad Mackay Holt's probably got a cast iron 5 year deal under his belt. 

Cast iron my foot! He’s an employee of company, 99.9% of companies would not hesitate to get shot of someone in this situation. It’s nothing like a players contract and will not have any time frame like ‘5 year deal’ or a certain date of expiry. The length of service means he has only limited employment rights and there are many ways to handle this if the club board wanted him out. 

Maybe it’s in progress but of course maybe the board are content with his presence. 

Do we need really any more info on the new bod members other than that put on the website detailing their backgrounds when they were first appointed though? Do we really need a statement reiterating the fact that a chairman will be appointed in due course? I'm sure the immediate plans will be set out clearly once they have been finalised. I for one can cope without the usual we're going to do our best drivel and wait for some real news on the way forward .  They've not been in the door a month yet , have already appointed a brand new management team and have punted MacFarlane and the odious security boy hanging about the club intimidating folk.  The rest will come all in good time or people will quite rightly criticise but I don't think less than a month in is the right time for that.

I've heard that the new Board are giving serious consideration to not appointing a Chairman at all, any decisions taken by the Board will be by a consensus of views. Not sure how many Board members there are but if an odd number it would always mean a decisive vote one way or the other. If an even number resulting in a tied vote then presumably they would discuss until a majority decision is arrive at? 

For any meetings with SFA etc where the club needs to be represented then a board member would be nominated to attend. 

Not sure how the above scenario would work in practice - as others have said it would be good to get a statement outlining how they intend to operate.