The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I’m with Springfield. More money to FSS means collectively we’ll get to buy up the shares quicker to help keep the club in safe hands. Club gets the full amount too when shares are purchased each month. 

I’ve amended my SO for next month 👍

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve amended my SO for next month 👍

Great stuff.

Best thing with anyone on an SO means that they can add an extra £1 or whatever they want above the minimum  £10 so hopefully anyone here who can afford to can up their SO too as every little counts! 

Edited by Van_damage

I recently cancelled my paypal SO in favour of setting up one direct from the bank. Got an email from someone at FSS very quickly asking for feedback on why I'd cancelled the paypal one and then offered plenty of help in linking the new SO to my name. Pretty well organised and pleasant with it, from the outside it seems that the FSS is pretty well run.

2 hours ago, alonso said:

What happens if 4th in league 1 beats the Championship club? Do they take the place of the championship club and get the 2nd leg at home or would finishing higher in our league take precedence for 2nd leg home advantage?

Last year Queens Park beat us then had the first leg at home, imagine it'd be the same again. If you go through you'll have the second leg at home. 

1 minute ago, Van_damage said:

I’m with Springfield. More money to FSS means collectively we’ll get to buy up the shares quicker to help keep the club in safe hands. Club gets the full amount too when shares are purchased each month. 

I thought there was going to be more to FFF than that. For me personally, I will stick with FSS (it now has the same ST pay model as FFF). I just think FSS is a more substantive offering from a supporter point of view.

I can’t imagine anyone going down the FFF route because it allows the ST price to be paid monthly. That would just come across as a ST paywall. It’s purely altruistic while having no desire to be part of the share building that the FSS represents.

21 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I thought there was going to be more to FFF than that. For me personally, I will stick with FSS (it now has the same ST pay model as FFF). I just think FSS is a more substantive offering from a supporter point of view.

I can’t imagine anyone going down the FFF route because it allows the ST price to be paid monthly. That would just come across as a ST paywall. It’s purely altruistic while having no desire to be part of the share building that the FSS represents.

Exactly. Really can’t see any benefit of the FFF over the FSS. The cash all goes into the same pot anyway. At least with the FSS, shares are purchased to enhance the fan ownership model. 

7 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I am a member of FSS and believer in fan ownership. However There are people out there who have not joined FSS for whatever reason. The club have launched this to see if it can capture some of these people. Really don’t get the issue with it. One on here has already joined. 
I am not sure it will have a big uptake TBH but time will tell. 

8 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Care to be more specific?

Not sure the Airdrie lads issue, but it’s crap

Three of us have season tickets, sit together but when it comes to matches such as we had for Ayr in the cup we needed three transactions to get our usual seats, there’s no facility to link and purchase on behalf of family and friends

14 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Three of us have season tickets, sit together but when it comes to matches such as we had for Ayr in the cup we needed three transactions to get our usual seats, there’s no facility to link and purchase on behalf of family and friends

I’m sure I bought more than one ticket for a group of friends to sit beside me in the Main Stand, earlier on in the season in one transaction. Can’t you buy more than one and then go to the basket and pay for all? ….just like several items at the same time on Amazon?

55 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I manged to buy 4 tickets for the main stand at the same time for the Ayr game no bother. We have STs in the KM stand but had missed the boat on getting tockets for that. Maybe the site was having an off-day.

My issue with the ticket system is (and I think this may be Number 7s issue) is that the ticket site works very well/easily if buying KM stand tickets or unreserved Main  stand tickets (or indeed your own ST seat) but it’s virtually impossible to buy seats on your friends/families behalf in one transaction for cup games etc and you can’t link a group together. I’ve fed it back but don’t believe it can be rectified.

Each ST holder needs to buy for themselves, UNLESS you bought multiple STs for a group at the time of purchase.

15 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

My issue with the ticket system is (and I think this may be Number 7s issue) is that the ticket site works very well/easily if buying KM stand tickets or unreserved Main  stand tickets (or indeed your own ST seat) but it’s virtually impossible to buy seats on your friends/families behalf in one transaction for cup games etc and you can’t link a group together. I’ve fed it back but don’t believe it can be rectified.

Each ST holder needs to buy for themselves, UNLESS you bought multiple STs for a group at the time of purchase.

Spot on. You require to have all the seats registered to the same e-mail and billing / registered address to buy them together. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
32 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Spot on. You require to have all the seats registered to the same e-mail and billing / registered address to buy them together. 

And if it wasn’t somebody could buy them in front of the holder? 

14 hours ago, Latapy is god said:

Correct.  It's not the same however similar to B4L.  Hopefully more fans get behind it.

Did B4L not offer some monthly prizes? Unless I’m wrong, this is just a donation that only offers a monthly payment of the ST….which you can do if you are a member of the FSS

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Did B4L not offer some monthly prizes? Unless I’m wrong, this is just a donation that only offers a monthly payment of the ST….which you can do if you are a member of the FSS

Are there not going to be other benefits? 

8 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am a member of FSS and believer in fan ownership. However There are people out there who have not joined FSS for whatever reason. The club have launched this to see if it can capture some of these people. Really don’t get the issue with it. One on here has already joined. 
I am not sure it will have a big uptake TBH but time will tell. 

With the FFF scheme running concurrently and effectively doing the same thing then surely the onus to help bridge the funding gap now falls on the club as much as has been requested of the FSS?

I felt  that there was some unfair criticism of the level of membership the FSS had achieved so if you expect little take up of this then is it fair to expect the FSS to increase 3/4 fold? 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Are there not going to be other benefits? 

Doesn’t seem like it. Will be limited in the same way FSS is with benefits making it liable for VAT deductions. FSS share benefits too.