The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I’d go as far as to say that what he’s done there is as bad as what Durnan did at Patrick a couple of seasons back. He’s spotted the danger and he’s done feck all about it!

I'd need to see it again to be honest. Those big screens at Hampden are a total waste of bloody time. What's the point of them if they don't show any bloody replays of what's just happened.  Even the penalty there was nothing to show you the bloody incident again. I did wonder if he was expecting the right back to be covering behind him. Perhaps used to Rowe doing that more than Williamson but it was a poor goal to lose from a ball that far out 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I'd need to see it again to be honest. Those big screens at Hampden are a total waste of bloody time. What's the point of them if they don't show any bloody replays of what's just happened.  Even the penalty there was nothing to show you the bloody incident again. I did wonder if he was expecting the right back to be covering behind him. Perhaps used to Rowe doing that more than Williamson but it was a poor goal to lose from a ball that far out 

I’d recommend you do, you’ll not be disappointed (well actually you will be).

4 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Defensively, McCann has been found wanting recently. As I said recently in this forum. I’m convinced we’re going to shed goals in the upcoming playoffs (soft ones at that ), so we’re just going to have outscore teams rather than nick it. 

And unless we start putting 2 up top, outscoring anyone is very unlikely.  

29 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

A few but we've still not dipped as low as 7th yet. That's for really wee teams plus 0p in the pound of course. Only wee teams would ever shaft their creditors with that kind of deal.

Guessing strolling the league is low/wee as well?

18 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

-RxChRfi6WsFpi8qB9KyaDqkl13k3FjXHJ_35jlQ8Fv8z7QunJlsUeRX49Z_rYX4WtwjUVpTN9dQsqzMOcvPmE5SCprY9Y-NTYh16FEf

Absolute scum. It's just a game. If your team is bottling pish then take the deserved slagging (or even ignore it). Such personal insults speak very, very poorly of the individual.

18 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

We had some English visitors at our end when you pumped us at the recs last week 

they love going to games like that they said , They also said that its all money in the English PL 

and dislike it for what it is . so where is the perfect level ? .

I'm was talking about standard of football . The experience may be different although to me going to an away game in the epl isn't that much different than going to watch Falkirk away. Great atmosphere , it's the real fans and at £30 it's not much more than your paying up here but the football is on a different planet.

30 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Watch it back, McCann is tracking him but doesn't bother getting in front. McKay hopeless too

Mccann had Henderson to mark, whereas Mckay got lost ball watching and allowed Billy Mackay to drift off him into space.

2 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

For next season, if we go up, I think we should try a different approach. Dunfermline haven’t been a great watch but seem to have their game down to a tee. ICT have basically sat back and picked our pockets today.

Lets try and do that next season (with the right type of players).

Everyone ideally wants to see a good brand of football but I’m fed up with the we had the bulk of play with indifferent results,?generally speaking.

Let’s put the onus on the other team for a change and stop having a soft centre (like today). At least for a period of time anyway.

Been pretty fucking amazing mate to be honest

image.thumb.jpeg.a91d3a0af58215b63c1668ae171d7488.jpeg

I'm not getting in to the McGlynn in/out debate. Yes he has been well backed but given the dross he inherited he really had to be. 

When he was hired his main job was to get us promoted whether that be by winning the league or via the playoffs. He's still on course to achieve that. 

For me we really need a keeper, right back, at least 1 centre half and a 15-20 goal a season striker in the summer if we don't go up. If we do go up we need better quality all over or we will languish anywhere between 6th and 9th in the Championship but I'd prefer to deal with one thing at a time starting with the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

One man up top, two men up top, three men up top. Means nowt if you can't put the ball in an empty net though mate. 

Cove hardly had a shot on Friday night. Dundee should've won comfortably but made a right arse of it.

….…could have, should have, but they didn’t. Anyone who watched that last night, and who thinks we are guaranteed to roll them over (if we meet) is kidding themselves on.
They didn’t concede goals for fun last night, and we certainly don’t score goals for fun. Since the 2-0 defeat to Dunfermline when our challenge effectively ended, we have scored 12 in 11 games. That’s fine if things are watertight at the back, but we are a long way from that.

Other than the Peterhead game (where McGlynn should be playing a scratch 11), we now have 4 games where we can’t afford anyone to not turn up. Confident if we meet Alloa, but either of the other two potential opponents will be much more difficult.

8 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I'm not getting in to the McGlynn in/out debate. Yes he has been well backed but given the dross he inherited he really had to be. 

When he was hired his main job was to get us promoted whether that be by winning the league or via the playoffs. He's still on course to achieve that. 

For me we really need a keeper, right back, at least 1 centre half and a 15-20 goal a season striker in the summer if we don't go up. If we do go up we need better quality all over or we will languish anywhere between 6th and 9th in the Championship but I'd prefer to deal with one thing at a time starting with the playoffs. 

I like your optimism. So you’re ruling out 10th?

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

….…could have, should have, but they didn’t. Anyone who watched that last night, and who thinks we are guaranteed to roll them over (if we meet) is kidding themselves on.
They didn’t concede goals for fun last night, and we certainly don’t score goals for fun. Since the 2-0 defeat to Dunfermline when our challenge effectively ended, we have scored 12 in 11 games. That’s fine if things are watertight at the back, but we are a long way from that.

Other than the Peterhead game (where McGlynn should be playing a scratch 11), we now have 4 games where we can’t afford anyone to not turn up. Confident if we meet Alloa, but either of the other two potential opponents will be much more difficult.

I wouldn’t quite go scratch, I’d have Oliver in a 10 and Burrell in a 9 and get them linking up and then sub them after 60 minutes. Or even just the first half. Something to build on if we need it even at this late stage.

21 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I wouldn’t quite go scratch, I’d have Oliver in a 10 and Burrell in a 9 and get them linking up and then sub them after 60 minutes. Or even just the first half. Something to build on if we need it even at this late stage.

That’s fair comment.

Anyone else slightly relieved about todays outcome in hindsight (I expect pelters)?

No distraction for the play-offs (this is huge considering how fragile our confidence is after our recent run of form)

No gubbings from one of the arse cheeks

Which means avoiding a FOURTH Scottish Cup Final defeat in 26 years

A day at Hampden felt like a bonus after the run we got to get to the semi-finals 

The biggest disappointment is loss of revenue in some ways. As someone said, days at Hampden should not be taken for granted but given the circumstances with the play offs, I think a final on the back burner, given what’s coming up, would’ve been too much for our squad.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

30 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don't think we're guaranteed to roll over anyone. I'd prefer Arbroath to be honest as our record against them in recent years even when we've been utter dung has been pretty decent.  Will be tough games but we've as good a chance as anyone.

14 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Anyone else slightly relieved about todays outcome in hindsight (I expect pelters)?

No distraction for the play-offs (this is huge considering how fragile our confidence is after our recent run of form)

No gubbings from one of the arse cheeks

Which means avoiding a FOURTH Scottish Cup Final defeat in 26 years

A day at Hampden felt like a bonus after the run we got to get to the semi-finals 

The biggest disappointment is loss of revenue in some ways. As someone said, days at Hampden should not be taken for granted but given the circumstances with the play offs, I think a final on the back burner, given what’s coming up, would’ve been too much for our squad.

Playing Celtic in the final would really be a case of having zero chance of winning. It will be the same for ICT. Rangers you might have a very small chance but that's it. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

Desperately disappointed but when you can’t carry out the basics, you get punished. The CBs & GK were very poor, against a proven decent CF. Morrisons miss was a game changer, and the players heads down when the second goal was conceded. Thought it was a comfortable afternoon for ICT. I’m definitely in the camp of not having a final to worry about, although huge added finances that the club won’t see. I honestly thought we’d found a spine/backbone McGlynn could work with, yesterday highlighted that we desperately need a GK CB CM CF for to progress. Four huge games where we need to find mid season’s form.

ICT better in both boxes. We made as many if not more chances than they did but didn’t take them and couldn’t keep them out at the other end.

The two goals have both come 40 yards, it is just not good enough defending. 

On the day I thought McGinn and Kennedy did well. 

Onto the plays off now. Glad we have one  game before them to get this out of the system