The Falkirk FC Thread

I haven’t read any comments post-match. I would not go within a million miles of McGlynn’s interview. I know what I saw tonight. The single most gutless, spineless, despicable, embarrassing capitulation in over 30 years of watching Falkirk. And before anyone says Queens Park, this was on a whole different level. In terms of the importance of the game. In terms of the vast gulf in budgets between the two clubs. In terms of the yawning chasm in experience between the two managers. 

I knew we would absolutely shite ourselves tonight-everyone but the truly deluded knew that. But never in my wildest dreams-make that worst nightmare-did I think we could bottle it so comprehensively,  I felt physically ill watching that first half. 

McGlynns years of experience clearly counts for bugger all on the park. But he must know there is no coming back from this. You do not survive this seismic a result. He’ll stumble on until the last rites on Saturday then we call it a day and move on. 

9 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Lol... 'we had a good first 7 or 8 minutes'

Fucking f**k off

I had the first real fear a lot earlier than that. A defence that has absolutely zero discipline, a midfield set up that clearly hadn’t spent any real time on the training ground, and a “two striker” set up that again, was completely untried and untested.  All operating as disconnected units.

Anyway, he has thrown the players under the bus, and will hope that’s enough to save him.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

That is an absolute car crash of a interview it’s similar to the one he done with us last season when we lost 2-0 to the pars and he said we were the better side (we never laid a glove on them) and basically waffled pish and never took any of the responsibility then either 

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

He might not be Pep Guardiola but in his last spell at this level he took a collection of rejects, journeymen and literal actual farmers and got 100+ goals out of them. Whether he'd go considering his general dislike of clubs that are financial and organisational basket cases is another story, not least because the last one had the temerity to sack him.

McCall’s last spell at Falkirk’s level, concluded in him leapfrogging Falkirk to the title, going from 5th to 1st in about 3 weeks, and demolishing a Gary Holt-led bairns side in the process. 

FWIW, I think he’d be a decent appointment for Falkirk, his record at L1 level is exceptionally good. Whether he’d be arsed with going to Falkirk is a bit of an obstacle however, I think he was on record as saying when he was done at Thistle, he was done with management (although his Firhill exit was obviously much more premature than he’d have predicted). 

Edited by JagsCG

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Nice if our manager used him properly, but that is way beyond him. Starting with Henderson out left totally unsure what he was meant to be doing, then Williamson and Nesbitt. Good God almighty. Play off semi, and McGlynn saves his biggest tinker for tonight and puts out an experimental set up. Disastrous.

The set up was wrong but it was not experimental, we have played this formation most of the time since the 2-2 v Dunfermline. We were exposed by ICT playing a diamond and again, it was always happening, I said it on the match thread.. For McGlynn to dismiss the shape of the team is disingenuous IMO. 

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

Sorry disagree, the BOD must have rubbered stamped Nesbitt getting a two year deal. If this had been Deans and Co in charge there would have been a meltdown.

Rubbish. Any Board interfering with the managers signings and it leads to trouble. If the Board do that they would be as well running the team themselves. No manager would touch us. Managers live and die by their calls. That is the way it works. Bad calls no job. 

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s an interesting one. Deciding to re-sign Nesbitt is a managerial one (one we will all live to regret). The BoD must have rubber stamped the two year thing. That’s the bit that is not great…….a player with over 50 appearances of which a dozen or so have been acceptable, and is not in demand anywhere else is handed a two year deal. Why????

His peers voted him in the best 11 players in the league. 

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

McGlynn’s interview is calamitous. “The shape had nothing to do with it”. Proof positive that he has lost the plot. “People want two strikers so we play two strikers so people say the shape is wrong”. Incredible. Since when was Oliver a striker?
He stuck out an untried and untested set up in a play off semi final!!!!!!

The shape had everything to do with it but it was no experiment. 

27 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I hope Airdrie stay down. As much as they’re a bogey team for us, I’d back us to gain more points than them over the course of the 36 game season, which isn’t the case with Hamilton.

You must be joking? They’ve ragdolled us for four seasons now. Get them to f**k.

I was going to post last night after a few cans but decided not to. I would have ended up in the Heads Gone thread. 

The gist was that 36 games, solid second place, means f**k all when we set fire to ourselves in a matter of minutes. There is no way back, no point deluding ourselves that there is a miracle coming on Saturday. 

Other fans will come and laugh at us, and rightly so. Losing that game in that way is laughing stock stuff. 

Another season in League One at least. I have no faith in us getting up next season. 

Two days ago I messaged my mate to say that 13 years ago Ryan Flynn skied the ball over the crossbar from five yards to send Falkirk down on the last day of the season. Is that how long you’ve been languishing in the lower leagues or have you been up and down since then?