The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

I must watch a different Burrell to everyone else, "runs tirelessly", "showed a lot of heart"...... Done f**k all of that when starting games for us.

I thought his workrate was terrible, his showing in the semi and playoff games was laughable to be honest and to me that was the reason he wasn't getting game time earlier too.

Oliver simply cannot be our starting 9 next year, that's obvious but I wouldn't limit our ambitions there to Burrell.

Maybe just me but was at the Airdrie first leg and the Semi and he did chase any balls that were near him and try to win the ball when possible. Maybe didn’t seem to do much as he only got scraps to feed off but did keep an eye on him several times and was clear where he wanted the ball but just didn’t get it. 

Oliver I find frustrating as if you watch him he keeps pointing to areas he wants the ball but you’d need a Paul Scholes to put it there and there’s no way he has the pace to get to it even if the ball was to get fired where he wanted it. 

43 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bit disappointed in the retention of Mckay and Oliver. Mckay cos he's gone back to being murder, Oliver cos of what someone above said.... We can't just keep retaining "ok for the squad" type players and there's just not enough goals in him. 

Oliver was announced as a year with a years option. It depends on the specifics of what that option was. In the past the club or player had to achieve a certain threshold to trigger a second year, such as winning promotion, staying up or playing in a certain number of games. 

That threshold may have already been passed leaving the club with no choice. On the other hand, while the player may be entitled to a second year that doesn't mean they'll want to stay. I'm sure John Baird was one such example when he was entitled to another year but chose to move to Inverness instead. 

Pretty much covered in the past few pages. No surprises whatsoever with the squad news release. Spine of team still signed that failed the club so cheaply/miserably and it’s the next few weeks that will either put us back on the map, or put us into the abyss should he get it wrong.

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

What was funnier was Gary Deans telling fans there was no nepotism 

Or Phil Rawlins saying that they constructed a certain criteria every player had to fit had in order to be signed. 

Just thinking with Stirling Albion replacing Peterhead and Clyde probably beating Annan will the league need renaming? 
Falkirk, Dumfries, Airdrie/Hamilton, Montrose, FC Edinburgh, Kelty, Stirling Albion, Hamilton(Clyde), Alloa and Cove Bay 

Hick Toon League? 

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Pretty much covered in the past few pages. No surprises whatsoever with the squad news release. Spine of team still signed that failed the club so cheaply/miserably and it’s the next few weeks that will either put us back on the map, or put us into the abyss should he get it wrong.

You are assuming of course that the manager (whoever he is) doesn’t move one or two on even though they have a contract or other clubs may want one or two. 
Far too early to judge anything till we see who is coming in and still to go out 

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Just thinking with Stirling Albion replacing Peterhead and Clyde probably beating Annan will the league need renaming? 
Falkirk, Dumfries, Airdrie/Hamilton, Montrose, FC Edinburgh, Kelty, Stirling Albion, Hamilton(Clyde), Alloa and Cove Bay 

Hick Toon League? 

League Sponsor - Deliverance-oo !!

10 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Do you know how would this change with the addition of the reserve team? 

No idea if we are having one or not. 

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You are assuming of course that the manager (whoever he is) doesn’t move one or two on even though they have a contract or other clubs may want one or two. 
Far too early to judge anything till we see who is coming in and still to go out 

Ain’t assuming anything, just stating the obvious. Doesn’t matter who’s at the helm, as long as it’s someone who Is capable of building a team and getting the club out of this shitehole, for me preferably it’s not the current clown. Let’s not fart around, this is probably the most critical close season for getting the correct players in place. 

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Any idea who is going to score our goals?

Our top 3 scorers were Morrison, Kennedy and Burrell (13, 9 & 9).

If Morrison stays, Agyeman (spelling?) and Allan (13, 10 & 12).

Goals weren't our problem, conceding stupid goals especially at corners and set plays. The inability of Donaldson and Mackay to communicate or even to grab the initiative or just punt it out/clear. Numerous examples throughout the season of this.

We scored 7 more than the league winners but conceded 18 more.

Think the biggest issue with the release list as others have mentioned it's the easy ones to let go and the end of loans which are automatic.

I suspect the bulk of the wage bill is still being spent on guys under contract who just aren't good enough.

That'll be the club and McGlynns big challenge, if they can't empty guys like Donaldson and Mackay and let's face it, who'd want them that's going to pay them the same as we probably are then recruitment could be a struggle again. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The big no. 10 for Annan looks decent, his hold up play and linking with the on running midfielders is good.

Quite like the look of Dominic Docherty too, wee combative box to box midfielder who's kept the ball ticking all game. Number 8 for Annan.