The Falkirk FC Thread

Allan took his two Hoal's well, didn't like the 4-4-2 with Spencer & McGinn in the middle doing the exact same job. 

Lang, Spencer and Miller looked good, Miller's pace will cause teams problems.

Two assists from the academy prospects.

Very little you can take from a game like that but I thought we looked much better once the young guys came on (and civil service tired).

Allan did well when he came on and was quite impressed by Lang and Spencer although we still lack a bit of dynamism in midfield for me.

We’d be stronger with a striker and a rb although I’m not convinced we’ll get them. Think goals could be an issue as we really only have Morrison and Allan to score them.

Not sure if he just played the 4-4-2 due to how narrow the park was tonight and we had 4 strikers to take a look at.

Yeats does a job at right back but we can't go into another season without one. Still want a bit of energy in the middle of the park and another option upfront too.

The two youngsters made the difference once on - amazing how you can play if you are motivated. Small park made the crosses go out as often as land in a danger area. Miller looked ok at times, Pearce (sp?) will be starting for us soon, one day he will be sold for a lot of money. A confident and skilful kid. We were mostly poor though. I'm tempted to suggest we missed Nesbitt (light blue paper and retire to a safe distance).

FFS Falkirk - learn to play direct as well as down the wings.

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

4 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

The two youngsters made the difference once on - amazing how you can play if you are motivated. Small park made the crosses go out as often as land in a danger area. Miller looked ok at times, Pearce (sp?) will be starting for us soon, one day he will be sold for a lot of money. A confident and skilful kid. We were mostly poor though. I'm tempted to suggest we missed Nesbitt (light blue paper and retire to a safe distance).

FFS Falkirk - learn to play direct as well as down the wings.

Same old…….. 

Goalkeeper
Nicky Hogarth
Sam Long - On loan from Lincoln City
Owen Hayward (A)

Defender
Tom Lang
Coll Donaldson
Liam Henderson
Sean Mackie
Brad Mckay
Leon Mccann
Logan Sinclair (A)

Midfielder
Brad Spencer
Stephen McGinn
Finn Yeats
Ola Lawal
Aidan Nesbitt
Callumn Morrison
Calvin Miller
Pearse Carroll (A)
Scott Honeyman (A)
Rhys Walker (A)

Striker
Alfredo Agyeman
Jordan Allan
Ross MacIver
Gary Oliver

Just Sam Long, Aidan Nesbitt and Rhys Walker who weren't there tonight.

Have to say we were poor overall and a draw may have been a fair reflection. Would be nice if Morrison actually picked a man or zone when crossing the ball, his delivery was poor all game and seldom beat the first defender. Maybe we’re rusty.

Positives for me were Spencer pinging the ball around with ease and keeping play flowing, looks decent. Tom Lang, a vocal defender who actually shouts and talks to his team mates, well done. Miller looked strong on the wings, and was crowded out often, but got in behind a couple of times. ‘Alfie’ Agyeman looked a strong runner, physical and stays on his feet - more to come from him. MacIvor was quieter I thought, but showed nice touches and linked up where needed,

Glad Allan got his hoals and off the mark. Decent wing play from Honeyman down the right, rode a challenge and laid it off for the first. Carroll lofted a ball over the top for Allan to run on to for the second. Great confidence for the young lads and would like to see them more involved.