The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Thought the first half was alright tbh. We controlled the game mainly albeit against poor opposition. 

Seems like we are trying out most of the squad in these games- still think we don't have much idea what tue first choice XI is. 

Keeping McGinn another season looks a terrible decision btw . He'll be one of the highest earners and I don't think his legs are there.

I suppose it depends on whether the ext was automatic if the player wanted it and played enough games. No idea.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

No point wetting our knickers about league cup games and friendlies.  This should've been a comfortable win but for some poor goalkeeping.  If we're fecking awful come the league campaign I'll be as angry as anyone though.

Do you honestly think we're going to improve? Genuinely interested in what gives you that faith?  

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Do you honestly think we're going to improve? Genuinely interested in what gives you that faith?  

I've watched Falkirk for 40 odd years. Pre league campaign matches mean absolutely feck all. I've seen us be brilliant and get relegated I've seen us be poor and do fine . I said that on here when some folk were creaming theirselves over the way we were playing in Houston's last pre season.  Annan is the crunch for me. We need to be ready then.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

No point wetting our knickers about league cup games and friendlies.  This should've been a comfortable win but for some poor goalkeeping.  If we're fecking awful come the league campaign I'll be as angry as anyone though.

Can't agree. We've got to build momentum and if you keep delaying and hoping they'll come good you're then chasing someone in my view.

As I type we've just gone in front but the point stands. Performances tend to get points and putting in sub-par more often than not we'll come a cropper when it counts.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I've watched Falkirk for 40 odd years. Pre league campaign matches mean absolutely feck all. I've seen us be brilliant and get relegated I've seen us be poor and do fine . I said that on here when some folk were creaming theirselves over the way we were playing in Houston's last pre season.  Annan is the crunch for me. We need to be ready then.

The season Houston was sacked springs to mind, we looked absolutely brilliant in this league cup group stage and then never won a league game in 8! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

That wasn’t a good watch, too much of last season in that performance. The only saving grace for McGlynn for me was the amount of players we had missing. McGinn and Spencer doesn’t work, McCann is better than Mackie and Agyeman needs to stop thinking he can beat everyone. Apart from that it all looks good.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Fair enough, I just don't see anything to suggest we're going to be fine with these players and tactics (and I've been watching for about 35 years).  

Out of jail tonight but on the showings so far we'll maybe sneak past Annan but Cove away isn't a fixture I'm particularly looking forward to.  We need to up our game in every department.