The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

As I understand it, the B team will be made up of modern apprentices and first teamers who're not getting gametime or returning from injury.

We put the likes of Lennon Walker, Kyle Connolly, Scott Honeyman and Finlay Malcolm out on loan last season.  I suppose we could also do the same with the 5 MAs this season.  Though they would likely end up at clubs of a similar stature to last seasons loanees. 

What would it gain us? Not much I'd suggest. They would still train with our first team outwith a matchday. And if they played with Bo'ness United, East Stirlingshire and Open Goal Broomhill once a week would the coaches there enhance their development and help turn them into the next Jay Fulton or Scott Arfield? 

I rather doubt it. 

The Falkirk manager would still arrange friendlies to get our injured / nonplaying first teamers gametime, in which case the MAs would be needed anyway.

I just don't see any benefit to your idea. Never mind the obvious downsides. 

I agree, it's not as if we'd save on the MA's wages either as presumably we would still be paying those? 

52 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I agree, it's not as if we'd save on the MA's wages either as presumably we would still be paying those? 

It would depend on the terms of any loan agreement, but given that they'd likely end up somewhere around the Lowland League I doubt those clubs would have much cash. So yes, I imagine we'd still be paying for our players. 

13 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I haven’t seen any of Falkirk so is McGlynn still got a hard on for the 4231 or a 433 with a lone striker or has he finally changed and manage to adapt? Because signing another striker and Agyeman would’ve suggested that from the outside looking in… also how’s Lang and Spencer been? 

That's a silly question, of course we're still playing the 4-3-3. Spencer and Lang have both looked excellent, they combined on Tuesday for our first goal. 

Lang is a lot more mobile than I remembered him from his spell at Clyde. Spencer's excellent at what he does the only issue is we've used all our budget to sign him but it's not solved our issue of lacking a bit of dynamism and power in the middle of the park

11 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not been on here all summer, took some time out from FFC related stuff after the absolute shambles against Airdrie. Came back on here for a look after the Arbroath and Spartans game (I attended both). 

Some of you c***s on here don't deserve a good football team. I've never read so much greeting faced p***ks in all my life. Since Saturday I've seen shouts for ;

1. McGlynn to be sacked (even though we have no money) at the start of the season (sure there's a quote about how insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results) 

2. If he is sacked, keeping Smith (his fucking number 2) and making him manager 🤣

3. scrapping the fucking youth academy to free up funds 🤣🤣🤣

4. This is probably the worst one for me, going after VOLUNTEERS, who help out at the club in their spare time because they didn't provide enough celebrations when we scored in a cup tie against Spartans. That goes for the posters slagging the old commentary guys too. 

Hang your heads in Fucking shame you greeting face c***s. I'm no happy clapper but f**k me man. We've played 1 league cup tie and have *checks notes* 6 (SIX) weeks left until the transfer window shuts. 

gimps x 

God I've missed you x

18 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not been on here all summer, took some time out from FFC related stuff after the absolute shambles against Airdrie. Came back on here for a look after the Arbroath and Spartans game (I attended both). 

Some of you c***s on here don't deserve a good football team. I've never read so much greeting faced p***ks in all my life. Since Saturday I've seen shouts for ;

1. McGlynn to be sacked (even though we have no money) at the start of the season (sure there's a quote about how insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results) 

2. If he is sacked, keeping Smith (his fucking number 2) and making him manager 🤣

4. This is probably the worst one for me, going after VOLUNTEERS, who help out at the club in their spare time because they didn't provide enough celebrations when we scored in a cup tie against Spartans. That goes for the posters slagging the old commentary guys too. 

Hang your heads in Fucking shame you greeting face c***s. I'm no happy clapper but f**k me man. We've played 1 league cup tie and have *checks notes* 6 (SIX) weeks left until the transfer window shuts. 

gimps x 

Senor Bairn taking no prisoners upon his return, some boi.

20 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

gimps x 

Glad to see that taking a break after that Airdrie game had some positive impact on your mindset SB😂.

Although I do actually agree with where you’re coming from…….

23 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

gimps x 

Telt.

And you'll never take my Senor Bairn away

26 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

gimps x 

Get used to it. It's a nice day, I'm on holiday but a quick gander on here certainly destroys any hint of positivity .

29 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

gimps x 

standing-ovation-people-clapping-crowd-c

Right back's the obvious one but it would be good to hear from McGlynn where else he still thinks we need to strengthen. The budget's gone for now but we should still see a few loans in even if it is towards the end of the window. 

Right back, centre mid, striker and winger/10 would be my order of priority. We have four loans still available and as far as I can read we still have until the end of September to bring them in.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

See viaplay are pulling out the UK  Thankfully still going to be showing the league cup games but the SFA and SPFL never seem to learn from their past cockups.

Pretty sure we've got UEFA to thank for the SMNT games being on Viaplay as all the bidding was handled centrally.

Hi Falkirk fans

The Aitken Suite right at the front of Firhill stadium is open to all Falkirk fans before the game this Saturday from 12.30pm 

It has bar, food, family friendly- will show any English or Scottish games live on TV at lunchtime.  Just go into the front entrance at the main stand

All welcome 

thanks

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

gimps x 

I don't agree with all these views either but but its a discussion forum and no league games played yet and just off the back of total collapse in Q4 with no signs (yet) pre season that we're going to be better this year.  What do you expect to be talking about?!

COYB on Facebook would really blow your mind if your triggered by these

42 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Pretty sure we've got UEFA to thank for the SMNT games being on Viaplay as all the bidding was handled centrally.

Yeah think your right. The spfl though should've learned from setanta that you need to stick with providers that are far more reliable. Another one to add to Neil Doncaster's long list of balls ups.

38 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I don't agree with all these views either but but its a discussion forum and no league games played yet and just off the back of total collapse in Q4 with no signs (yet) pre season that we're going to be better this year.  What do you expect to be talking about?!

COYB on Facebook would really blow your mind if your triggered by these

No league games played yet but let’s sack the manager and put the assistant in charge after winning our first competitive game. You’re right it’s a discussion forum but some of the takes on here should be rightfully criticised for being total fucking nonsense.

2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

gimps x 

Telt!  👏 👏 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

See viaplay are pulling out the UK  Thankfully still going to be showing the league cup games but the SFA and SPFL never seem to learn from their past cockups.

47 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah think your right. The spfl though should've learned from setanta that you need to stick with providers that are far more reliable. Another one to add to Neil Doncaster's long list of balls ups.

Well, except for the fact the SPFL did not contract with Viaplay, but don't let that stop you. 🙄

Not saying they wouldn't have willingly done so but as far as the League Cup is concerned they contracted with Premier Sports. Premier subsequently selling the actual channel to Viaplay wasn't on them.

That's also the case for the SFA as regards the national team, which they didn't sell anyway (UEFA did). I'm not certain when the most recent Scottish Cup deal was signed but assuming it was before October 2022 (which I imagine it was) that wasn't with Viaplay either.

Anyway, there's absolutely no suggestion at this stage that rights won't be paid in full so it's of no great consequence other than the fact they'll not be renewing the existing deals.