The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyone been paying attention to the results of some of our opponents for the season? Some interesting results amongst them. Stirling Albion probably the most surprising and good to see Cove take a hammering from Livi. Is hard to judge with these games but certainly going to get some tough matches this year. 

9 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Anyone been paying attention to the results of some of our opponents for the season? Some interesting results amongst them. Stirling Albion probably the most surprising and good to see Cove take a hammering from Livi. Is hard to judge with these games but certainly going to get some tough matches this year. 

Of course their will be tough matches this year, this is our level after 5 seasons of utter failure.

27 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Genuinely think that the old cliché applies that it has to be one game at a time. 

I wouldn't take beating Peterhead tomorrow for granted for instance.

Probably not a revelation to some but what's struck me in all the chat about tactics and styles is that we know the lesser teams we face sit in but the flip-side to that and less talked about is their understanding that in the moments they do get at the better teams it has to be quick and not over played. It may be the only opportunity they get.

It's that mindset as opposed to ours where we know we'll have to break them down and try to pass around them and have a glut of chances.

We need to be honing a clinical mindset and cut out the errors that these teams know they'll only get a few chances to take (and usually do).

Edited by Blame Me

23 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Of course their will be tough matches this year, this is our level after 5 seasons of utter failure.

Unfortunately so. I expected Hamilton to not be up to much but they have built a good squad and picking up some decent results. 

Hamilton and Stirling always seem to do pretty well in the league cup.  Previous two seasons both have came second in their group only losing the one game on each occasion. Thankfully it seems to have little connection to how they do in the league.

Edited by Shodwall cat

50 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I saw Daramola at Kelty has scored in every tie and a hat trick in one of them, carrying on the rate he was getting at Bo'ness.

10 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I saw Daramola at Kelty has scored in every tie and a hat trick in one of them, carrying on the rate he was getting at Bo'ness.

If he continues to do well then will be a bit galling to have someone on our doorstep that we missed out on, probably not on much of a wage too!

Talking of Kelty, our match against them on the 23rd of September has been moved to 5:30pm to be shown live on Alba. 

Edited by Van_damage

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Hamilton and Stirling always seem to do pretty well in the league cup.  Previous two seasons both have came second in their group only losing the one game on each occasion. Thankfully it seems to have little connection to how they do in the league.

We haven't gotten out the group in our last 3 attempts and we were in the premiership one of those seasons so we certainly don't do well in this competition have done well in it this season so far through. 

22 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We haven't gotten out the group in our last 3 attempts and we were in the premiership one of those seasons so we certainly don't do well in this competition have done well in it this season so far through. 

Only losing one game a season out of 4 is decent enough I'd say. You look at st Johnstone. They've been hopeless since they won it.