The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

2 weeks now til another league game which has come at the perfect time. Few niggles on a thin squad.

Mcglynn says outright that Tuesday will be an experiment which is quite bold to say in an interview but he’s right. My best guess:

Hogarth 

Bisland Donaldson Henderson Sinclair

Yeats Lawal

Nesbitt Oliver Walker 

Allan 

Would want 2 up top in Oliver and Allan but that leaves Yeats doing central midfield on his own and we know Mcglynn’s thoughts on 2 up top. I really question whether Lawal works at CDM alongside Yeats though so it’s a quandary to solve! 

Can Sinclair play left back? I only swapped him and Henderson as Hendo left back does not seem ideal 

Lawal is absolutely lost playing in front of his own defence. McGlynn tried it and the move failed miserably.

Thought today were simply unplayable. Must give credit where’s it due so thanks to McGlynn for the turnaround. Gone is the fickle pass the shite/turd across the goal line, replaced by fast one touch football, that has our opponents chasing shadows. 
Yes it might be not so easy against Queens/Hamilton but on todays/so far displays, dare I say it we look like a team wanting promotion. Early days and sure we’ll hit disappointment, but without sounding pompous, we’re looking like a team for the first time in a long time. Ps thought Alfie was so better today….

50 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Thought today were simply unplayable. Must give credit where’s it due so thanks to McGlynn for the turnaround. Gone is the fickle pass the shite/turd across the goal line, replaced by fast one touch football, that has our opponents chasing shadows. 
Yes it might be not so easy against Queens/Hamilton but on todays/so far displays, dare I say it we look like a team wanting promotion. Early days and sure we’ll hit disappointment, but without sounding pompous, we’re looking like a team for the first time in a long time. Ps thought Alfie was so better today….

I'll need to wait until the highlights as I think I missed most of this today as my view was crap.

I cannot wait until we do not have to visit this place again.

Didn’t realise at the time but what a pass from Nesbitt for the second goal. I’ve been critical of Nesbitt and I think the thing that really lets him down is his finishing/goals to game ratio. However, his passing is sublime at times. His energy and work rate is also second-to-non. McIver impressed me again today his link up play is really something. Morrison man of the match for me today. He gets unfairly criticised imo. Yes he can be greedy at times but he’s a constant goal threat and will get anywhere between 10-20 goals this season… again. Alfie was really good today and his goal was an excellent finish. Bisland looks like a big physical laddie and defo suits Mcglynns recruitment criteria. He can apparently play as a right sided centre back as well which is always a bonus. Hopefully gets a start on Tuesday and we can see a bit more of him. Although I’ll wait till I’ve seen him a few times until I cast judgment. Clean sheet which is always excellent and something I hope continues. We seen last season how a good defensive record can have such a big impact. Overall, very happy and long may it continue!

25 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Didn’t realise at the time but what a pass from Nesbitt for the second goal. I’ve been critical of Nesbitt and I think the thing that really lets him down is his finishing/goals to game ratio. However, his passing is sublime at times. His energy and work rate is also second-to-non. McIver impressed me again today his link up play is really something. Morrison man of the match for me today. He gets unfairly criticised imo. Yes he can be greedy at times but he’s a constant goal threat and will get anywhere between 10-20 goals this season… again. Alfie was really good today and his goal was an excellent finish. Bisland looks like a big physical laddie and defo suits Mcglynns recruitment criteria. He can apparently play as a right sided centre back as well which is always a bonus. Hopefully gets a start on Tuesday and we can see a bit more of him. Although I’ll wait till I’ve seen him a few times until I cast judgment. Clean sheet which is always excellent and something I hope continues. We seen last season how a good defensive record can have such a big impact. Overall, very happy and long may it continue!

Morrison was excellent imo 

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Brilliant start to the season, fast flowing, free scoring (and winning!) football, however I want to see us finish quarter 1, and especially see us beat Hamilton, before I get too carried away. Unfortunately you only need 1 team to be better than you in this league every season (AKA Dunfermline last season) and the wheels can fall off. We need results against our strongest rivals, something we have failed miserably at recently. This team looks capable of breaking that cycle so here's hoping.

11 hours ago, Roboccop said:

The Edinburgh keeper was amazing at times. We could /should have won that 6-0 or more. This might be a special season and you have to give McGlynn so e credit for his recruitment. 

The Edinburgh keeper is Aidan McAdams who played in goals for Ayr in our Scottish Cup quarter-final last season - if my memory serves me correctly he played a blinder that night too, only beaten by a penalty and a deflection. Would prefer him to Hogarth if I'm honest.

11 hours ago, Big chungus said:

. Hendo at left back, Yeats in the midfield and try out Bisland at right back. 

This is exactly what McGlynn did when McCann went off injured. Shuffled Hendo to LB, moved Yeats to CM and Bisland to RB. We’re fortunate to have versatile players to keep balance in the team. Glad Leon’s only got a dead leg, but it does show the relative small squad numbers we have if a few of the lads get injured or suspended. A welcome break in the League and time to recover for QOS game. The Ayr game, I’d be happy to throw on all the kids and subs, and give the regular first XI some down time. The League is the priority and McGlynn’s interview suggests he’s thinking along similar lines. Top of the league and it feels good! 👍🏻👏🏻⚽

8 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Didn’t realise at the time but what a pass from Nesbitt for the second goal

No surprise to say I've always been a big fan of Nesbitt.

Happy to take pelters for this statement but as the old adage goes: Form is temporary but class is permanent.

Joint 3rd for assists and only one behind Spencer (who's 1st) without being a regular starter. 

👏

28 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

This is exactly what McGlynn did when McCann went off injured. Shuffled Hendo to LB, moved Yeats to CM and Bisland to RB. We’re fortunate to have versatile players to keep balance in the team. Glad Leon’s only got a dead leg, but it does show the relative small squad numbers we have if a few of the lads get injured or suspended. A welcome break in the League and time to recover for QOS game. The Ayr game, I’d be happy to throw on all the kids and subs, and give the regular first XI some down time. The League is the priority and McGlynn’s interview suggests he’s thinking along similar lines. Top of the league and it feels good! 👍🏻👏🏻⚽

I think Ayr are beatable. Go for them and win. The extra cash will be handy. We then have a good break to recover.

I,ll go with McGlynns attitude for Ayr game. Would rather mix it up with the youngsters and the subs bench. It’s a nothing game and with McCann taking a sore one, we can ill afford any further injuries. There’s a decent break now, and would be good to give a few players a break. However we should always got with a win mentality within reason…..

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The Edinburgh keeper is Aidan McAdams who played in goals for Ayr in our Scottish Cup quarter-final last season - if my memory serves me correctly he played a blinder that night too, only beaten by a penalty and a deflection. Would prefer him to Hogarth if I'm honest.

You wonder why in god's name Ayr are playing Robbie mutch instead of him.

40 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I think Ayr are beatable. Go for them and win. The extra cash will be handy. We then have a good break to recover.

Extra cash ?

Unless the sponsorship money has went up drastically, there won't be extra cash.

This cup has a history of teams only making money out of it only if you get to the final.

I won't cry if we go out on Tuesday,our squads too light in numbers to risk our league challenge for me

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

100% spot on. We’ve failed miserably for successive seasons with our inability to win these games. 

I'm quietly optimistic about our start, however, tempered with the fact that 4 of our opening 5 games have come against the 4 of the bottom 5 sides. We've yet to play Hamilton and QoS and drew with Cove (albeit unluckily). A win against these 2 would show we've moved on from the nightmares of previous seasons. 

Its also good we are winning more games as opposed to drawing, those draws in previous seasons are like death by a thousand cuts, they aren't enough to win the league. Better to go for the throat, as we have been doing and lose the odd game or goal than scrape draws. 

Just catching up in regards to Falkirk TV. I’ve heard from those in charge that the new team are doing a brilliant job. The guys behind the scenes doing commentary and filming have nothing to do with how the stream works, so having a pop at them isn’t very fair.

The team have been very unlucky with tech issues so far, and a series of unpredictable issues have cropped up with two different laptops over the last few weeks, which is nobody’s fault. I have it on good authority that one has been fixed by an expert and the other is due to be updated for our next away league game, which should eradicate the issues. Got to feel bad for the guys who are trying their best but are being let down by tech issues.

In terms of away games, they have never been guaranteed. It’s part of the risk of buying a membership and that’s always been the case. Cove and Edinburgh are two very difficult places to stream from due to a lack of power and 4G signal.

So instead of criticising the new team at every turn for things that are outwith their control, maybe show a bit of support to the guys who are giving up their free time on a voluntary basis to try and bring everyone live games every single week.

6 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

Just catching up in regards to Falkirk TV. I’ve heard from those in charge that the new team are doing a brilliant job. The guys behind the scenes doing commentary and filming have nothing to do with how the stream works, so having a pop at them isn’t very fair.

The team have been very unlucky with tech issues so far, and a series of unpredictable issues have cropped up with two different laptops over the last few weeks, which is nobody’s fault. I have it on good authority that one has been fixed by an expert and the other is due to be updated for our next away league game, which should eradicate the issues. Got to feel bad for the guys who are trying their best but are being let down by tech issues.

In terms of away games, they have never been guaranteed. It’s part of the risk of buying a membership and that’s always been the case. Cove and Edinburgh are two very difficult places to stream from due to a lack of power and 4G signal.

So instead of criticising the new team at every turn for things that are outwith their control, maybe show a bit of support to the guys who are giving up their free time on a voluntary basis to try and bring everyone live games every single week.

Everything that you write in your post is perfectly correct, HOWEVER, when I am sitting at my laptop at 9.00pm on a Saturday night and nothing is happening on my screen it is very frustrating - Mother Teresa I ain't! 🤬 It is only human nature for people to vent and fire off obnoxious posts when they are frustrated, hopefully the volunteers can understand this?

By the way, are you an ex-pat whose only way of watching the team is to watch them on Falkirk TV?

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Everything that you write in your post is perfectly correct, HOWEVER, when I am sitting at my laptop at 9.00pm on a Saturday night and nothing is happening on my screen it is very frustrating - Mother Teresa I ain't! 🤬 It is only human nature for people to vent and fire off obnoxious posts when they are frustrated, hopefully the volunteers can understand this?

By the way, are you an ex-pat whose only way of watching the team is to watch them on Falkirk TV?

Understand it’s frustrating and everyone is within their right to have a moan. In no way however does that entitle anyone to dish out abuse and unfair criticism. It’s possible to have a moan without being obnoxious and a total d**k.