lang 

Mackie 

Finn

hendo 

Ageyman 

Nesbitt 

lawal

allan 

Could play Mackie and CB and rest Lang. Or could put Hogarth in the sticks. Play Morrison, miller, Ross and McIver on Tuesday against Montrose. That’s a completely fresh front 4 to run riot against the OAP that is Sean Dillion. Hendo suspended against Montrose so would definitely be playing him even if Spencer was injured or not. 

12 hours ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

Definitely don't risk Spencer on Saturday. Finn and Hendo in the middle. My main worry is making sure Spencer is fit to play on Tuesday against Montrose. 

Is Hendo suspended against Montrose?

Aye so you'd possibly expect bisland to be right back that game too with Finn in the middle replacing hendo.

16 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Worrying that Spencer's injury keeps flaring up as he's crucial to how we play. Just need to look at the difference from the two games against Dundee United with and without Spencer to see that. 

We were fine without him when he was missing before, Yeats a more than capable deputy and hopefully spencer is back for Tuesday

Hopefully McGlynn's got a striker and midfielder lined up for January.

Assuming we keep Ross, a centre midfielder would do nicely. Bisland and Long are here for the season barring a recall, Alegria getting recalled in January last season was a hinderance.

4 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

We were fine without him when he was missing before, Yeats a more than capable deputy and hopefully spencer is back for Tuesday

Yeats has had a fantastic season but we definitely miss Spencer when he's not in the middle of the park dictating the game. 

20 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

You constantly see teams starting  under strength sides in cup games and then having to drag all the normal starters  off the bench to try and save the day. I wouldn't play Spencer if he isn't fully fit and if we do start a second string then they better get the job done .

Best side to kick off and get game won then ring the changes.

Not ever the other way round, have seen so many Falkirk teams over the years come unstuck because of it.

3 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

I'm in the camp some of the first teamers could be rested for Montrose on Tuesday which is a MASSIVE game. 

The likes of Mackie, Ross, Bisland, Lawal, Agyeman and Allan should all feature tomorrow. 

Agreed, however pretty sure Raith don’t want Ross cup tied. Pretty sure someone mentioned it on here last week. 

40 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Would certainly seem that way. However just watched them rogering our fife neighbours, not sure he’d be anything other than a sub. RR a very decent outfit.

I think our attack would cause both of those teams a lot of bother.  Raith by far the better team but shaky in defence at times in second half

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Would certainly seem that way. However just watched them rogering our fife neighbours, not sure he’d be anything other than a sub. RR a very decent outfit.

Just up and watched the highlights on YouTube. Friday night and and live on the telly or not, what a shite attendance at the game. A bit of a pretendy derby, eh? Knowing our luck, if we manage to get promoted this season the sister shaggin' mutants will contrive to get themselves relegated.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

That’s why he was sent out on loan in the first place tbf. He’s well down the pecking order for us when everyone is fit. I’d imagine if Falkirk want him, he’ll stay. How’s he been? 

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I think our attack would cause both of those teams a lot of bother.  Raith by far the better team but shaky in defence at times in second half

I don’t doubt Falkirk’s attack could cause us problems, they were excellent against Dundee United but we were missing 3 of our first choice back 4, and went with a back 3 consisting of a right back, a central midfielder and a centre back that joined on Monday and hasn’t played for 5 months. I doubt we’ll see that same defence ever again.

8 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

That’s why he was sent out on loan in the first place tbf. He’s well down the pecking order for us when everyone is fit. I’d imagine if Falkirk want him, he’ll stay. How’s he been? 

I don’t doubt Falkirk’s attack could cause us problems, they were excellent against Dundee United but we were missing 3 of our first choice back 4, and went with a back 3 consisting of a right back, a central midfielder and a centre back that joined on Monday and hasn’t played for 5 months. I doubt we’ll see that same defence ever again.

Still waiting on him hitting form to be honest, the only thing he's really done of note so far is assist our late winner at Stirling. 

Ross was brought in using that share sale clean up money wasn't he?  Doubt that extends further than January so the question is can we afford to keep him? Going by what Raith fans have said he's likely on about £1.5k a week.  

Assuming the increase in FSS numbers and a bit of Christmas goodwill means we can stretch to 1 signing in January it might be a choice of: 

1.  Extend Ross
2. Bring in someone who can play a different position (e.g a striker to challenge MacIvor)
3. Use the money to offer extensions to Morrison, Donaldson etc

Tough choice! In order, I'd go 3 - 2 - 1 and I say that as someone whose been quite impressed by Ross

Edited by Proudtobeabairn