The Falkirk FC Thread

Hi folks. Seen a comment on here earlier that mentioned this (apologies, i forget who it was) and it got me wondering about the monthly scheme and how it relates to season tickets. I'm a bit in the dark in regards to this, as I always just buy match tickets and I'm not currently signed up to the scheme. The website says that you can pay up a season ticket if you also agree to the scheme, but it doesn't really explain things beyond that. I'm probably being a moron here, but how do I pay up a season ticket? Tried adding a monthly donation to the basket and then selecting a season ticket, but it doesn't let you.

Edited by Raybowski89

17 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Hi folks. Seen a comment on here earlier that mentioned this (apologies, i forget who it was) and it got me wondering about the monthly scheme and how it relates to season tickets. I'm a bit in the dark in regards to this, as I always just buy match tickets and I'm not currently signed up to the scheme. The website says that you can pay up a season ticket if you also agree to the scheme, but it doesn't really explain things beyond that. I'm probably being a moron here, but how do I pay up a season ticket? Tried adding a monthly donation to the basket and then selecting a season ticket, but it doesn't let you.

It means you can pay up your season ticket across 12 months at no extra cost, eg £28 per month rather than having to spend the full £336 up front

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

It means you can pay up your season ticket across 12 months at no extra cost, eg £28 per month rather than having to spend the full £336 up front

I wonder then if that's something that can only be done at the start of the season and maybe doesn't include half season tickets? Paying it up, if it's an option, is an absolute no-brainer. 

Just now, Raybowski89 said:

I wonder then if that's something that can only be done at the start of the season and maybe doesn't include half season tickets? Paying it up, if it's an option, is an absolute no-brainer. 

Yes that is correct. I'm sure it only applied up until the early bird cut off at the end of June 

There was also an option to pay in 3 equal instalments across the first 3 months at no extra cost IIRC  

29 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

You had to sign by May(if I remember) to qualify for a monthly ST. 

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Yes that is correct. I'm sure it only applied up until the early bird cut off at the end of June 

There was also an option to pay in 3 equal instalments across the first 3 months at no extra cost IIRC  

6 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

You had to sign by May(if I remember) to qualify for a monthly ST. 

Thanks guys. I'll keep this in mind when I'm purchasing a season ticket next year to (hopefully) watch Championship opposition. Paying up will be a useful option as Germany is gonna cost me a small fortune 🤣

5 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Most managers won't keep a player who'ld rather be elsewhere. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any Falkirk player post-Bosman who was forced to see out their contract against their wishes.

Maybe in the last six months of their contract if they're considered useful injury cover, such as Liam Craig when Martin Rennie was allegedly interested. But not for a first team player with a year still to go. 

He was an important player so to me the club should've forced the issue. Once the window closed he'd have got his head down and given his all to ensure he got the chance of a good move the next year. No point in adding an option if you aren't going to use it. happens a lot and the vast majority of players knuckle down once the windows shut. We ended up relegated.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

He was an important player so to me the club should've forced the issue. Once the window closed he'd have got his head down and given his all to ensure he got the chance of a good move the next year. No point in adding an option if you aren't going to use it. happens a lot and the vast majority of players knuckle down once the windows shut. We ended up relegated.

The clause was inserted by the CEO. The manager he appointed two months later decided not to enforce it the following summer. Nothing to  do with the club IMO, unless we're reopening the debate about whether a board should interfere in a managers football decisions. 

2 hours ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

Was the lotto drawn? I can't see anything on socials.

Was trailed on the club FB page as being drawn at 2pm today if I remember correctly. Not sure why the silence, perhaps they haven't been able to get in touch with the winner? Pretty sure they would be wanting to get them in for a publicity shot etc to promote the new lotto.   

Change of subject.

Watching Sky Sports just now and Christophe Berra is one of the analysts. Always comes over well (but so does Marvin Bartley) and I know McGlynn asked him along to TFS while he was completing his coaching badges.

I would’ve thought he would be suited to an assistant/head coach job, but wondered if he is still coming along to the Falkirk 1st team sessions. 
Anyone know? @Bainsfordbairn

45 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The clause was inserted by the CEO. The manager he appointed two months later decided not to enforce it the following summer. Nothing to  do with the club IMO, unless we're reopening the debate about whether a board should interfere in a managers football decisions. 

I recall the meet the manager meeting when McKinnon came on board and the question regarding sibbald was asked. The chairman at the time certainly didn't lay the blame at Hartley's feet which would've been an easy out but just said that he had wanted to move on so he was allowed to do that. Whoevers decision it was it was a poor one and certainly was one of many reasons we were relegated that season.

12 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Change of subject.

Watching Sky Sports just now and Christophe Berra is one of the analysts. Always comes over well (but so does Marvin Bartley) and I know McGlynn asked him along to TFS while he was completing his coaching badges.

I would’ve thought he would be suited to an assistant/head coach job, but wondered if he is still coming along to the Falkirk 1st team sessions. 
Anyone know? @Bainsfordbairn

I don't pay much attention to the midweek training sessions because I'm usually sitting inside waiting for the players to finish up so they can do commercial things, school visits or pick up awards. I'm sure I've seen him recently doing Saturday warmups though. I'll ask the question next time I'm in if no-one else answers first. 

Does anyone know when Accies tickets go on sale? Their website is a bit of a riot. A win at New Douglas Park doesn't win us the league, obviously, but I can't shake the feeling that a loss would be devastating to morale. I tell myself that this team are built different, and they are, but we've seen it happen so many times where Falkirk have started well and then fallen off a cliff. Still so much football left to play. Ach, I just don't want the  positive vibes to end. 

And no, I'm not looking past Kelty Hearts. That'll be a tough game too - they did put Accies out the cup after all.

3 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Does anyone know when Accies tickets go on sale? Their website is a bit of a riot. A win at New Douglas Park doesn't win us the league, obviously, but I can't shake the feeling that a loss would be devastating to morale. I tell myself that this team are built different, and they are, but we've seen it happen so many times where Falkirk have started well and then fallen off a cliff. Still so much football left to play. Ach, I just don't want the  positive vibes to end. 

And no, I'm not looking past Kelty Hearts. That'll be a tough game too - they did put Accies out the cup after all.

Was thinking same re the Hamilton website and tickets for our game. Been checking for a week or two and surprised I couldn't see anything. That's another positive for our marketing you can buy home tickets now for pretty much any game, so fan gets comfort of the ticket they want and club gets money early.