The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

An appalling display by the two out of three officials. Dress this up any which you want, but this guy was horrendous. 
Morrison turned in a performance which confirms why he’s playing in this league. Felt we never really bossed the game, and credit where it’s due Kelty had a real go. Their two CBs strolled it till late on, and think it was there 23 who’s positional play was good. Next three four games will determine what size of balls we have.

Absolutely this, MacIver has been a good signing but it's obvious to everyone that Allan doesn't suit our system and when MacIver isn't on it we need someone McGlynn trusts to come on and change the game.

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

Absolutely this, MacIver has been a good signing but it's obvious to everyone that Allan doesn't suit our system and when MacIver isn't on it we need someone McGlynn trusts to come on and change the game.

Especially since its abundantly clear that a shift to 2 up top really doesn't seem like something he's willing to consider. Not a criticism, but a very thin squad for the system nonetheless

If we truly are a fan owned club, we should be writing a public letter to the SFA about that Ref.

With the usual football club  ownership model we might have had directors seeking Blazers or committee positions in the SFA, we should no longer have that problem. 

Because that was fucking corrupt today, I bet in the future there will be a huge scandal with Scottish refs betting on bookings and fouls in the games. 

Just watched the highlights and don’t know if it was deliberate or not but they never showed any of the yellow cards dished out today by one of the most inept referees I have ever seen.

Absolutely abysmal , him, not Falkirk TV I may add

Edited by kemlinbairn
More text

2 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

If we truly are a fan owned club, we should be writing a public letter to the SFA about that Ref.

With the usual football club  ownership model we might have had directors seeking Blazers or committee positions in the SFA, we should no longer have that problem. 

Because that was fucking corrupt today, I bet in the future there will be a huge scandal with Scottish refs betting on bookings and fouls in the games. 

There already is a Manager in Scottish Football who never got the Accies job due to aforementioned rumours about taking bookings to help pay off gambling debts owed to one of our Football Club previous Owners,so nothing would surprise me.

12 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Agree with the posts above re the ticketing at Hamilton. It will work in our favour though as the fans will be riled up and be right behind the team from kick off

Petty from Hamilton in the extreme. Which makes me think we should wave our paper tickets towards their BOD, as a wee ‘up yours’ , with every goal we score.

Pleasing win today and back on course at the top of the league, with a game in hand. Winning at Hamilton gives us a real chance to open a lead at the top. Kelty were competitive and tough, aided in no small part by a dire referee. He must’ve had bets on how many yellows and fouls given against us. On MacIver’s yellow, why would he dive when it was easier to score and he was about to shoot?? Crazy decision. And I think Dross was wrong on calling Miller’s first half header offside too. Both our goals were worked beautifully, Yeats and Morrison doing great to keep the ball alive, with a great flick by MacIver to Nesbitt. 2nd goal perfectly weighted from Nesbitt to Yeats and MacIver done great to header top bin. Kelty were gutted at the end but we deserved to win against the odds, playing against ‘12 men’ always a hard task ref. Onwards to next week and the pressures on Hamilton. A draw wouldn’t be the end of the world for us but a win would put us in a strong position heading to January.

Edited by GunnerBairn

6 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Petty from Hamilton in the extreme. Which makes me think we should wave our paper tickets towards their BOD, as a wee ‘up yours’ , with every goal we score.

Pleasing win today and back on course at the top of the league, with a game in hand. Winning at Hamilton gives us a real chance to open a lead at the top. Kelty were competitive and tough, aided in no small part by a dire referee. He must’ve had bets on how many yellows and fouls given against us. On MacIver’s yellow, why would he dive when it was easier to score and he was about to shoot?? Crazy decision. And I think Dross was wrong on calling Miller’s first half header offside too. Both our goals were worked beautifully, Yeats and Morrison doing great to keep the ball alive, with a great flick by MacIver to Nesbitt. 2nd goal perfectly weighted from Nesbitt to Yeats and MacIver done great to header top bin. Kelty were gutted at the end but we deserved to win against the odds, playing against ‘12 men’ always a hard task ref. Onwards to next week and the pressures on Hamilton. A draw wouldn’t be the end of the world for us but a win would put us in a strong position heading to January.

For me MacIver should just turn and hit it though I thought at the time the ball had got stuck under his feet. If he'd taken any longer to go down we'd have been at half time! I've said in the match thread that I didn't think it was a dive but I also didn't think it was a penalty. 

I thought at the time that Miller was offside and the highlights seemed to confirm it. 

Totally agree with your points about keeping the ball alive at the first and a great cross and header for the second, I suspect that's something that's worked on in training

14 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

One thing that annoyed me today (aside from the worst refereeing performance I've seen) was in the dying embers of the game we kept going for a third instead of just taking it to the corners.

Our attempt at wasting time with a corner did exactly the opposite 😂

Good first half but felt we dropped a gear in the 2nd but was good to see us going up a gear to get the win.

Another day we win by more than one, hopefully saving the goals for next week.

RE: Tickets for next week.

Is it not quite normal for the away club to be responsible for the sale and distribution for away matches where demand is highly likely to meet or exceed supply?

We had exactly the same with EK recently (which the club made an arse of selling, of course).

It would have been better for us to give you a bit more notice and time to conduct the sale but I think this is more to do with our club being run by balloons than anything else.

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Is it not quite normal for the away club to be responsible for the sale and distribution for away matches where demand is highly likely to meet or exceed supply?

We had exactly the same with EK recently (which the club made an arse of selling, of course).

It would have been better for us to give you a bit more notice and time to conduct the sale but I think this is more to do with our club being run by balloons than anything else.

Why is there no option of e-tickets ? every other club seems to be able to provide this.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't think there is confusion about us selling the tickets and our club shop has opened extended hours over the weekend and during the week to try and mitigate the effects of it. People are frustrated because your board decided it will be paper ticket only even though you have capability for online tickets and waited until the week before to provide us with those tickets. That means lots of fans who work won't be able to make it into our club shop to pick up tickets and gives a lot less time to plan to do so, especially for fans who don't necessarily live in Falkirk but make the journey on a Saturday. 

What it appears is that your board have purposefully tried to minimise the sale of tickets to away fans which appears really petty and a bit pathetic. Pettiness like this when it escalates is what leads to away fans being banned from grounds and ruins the game for everyone. Don't think there is any room for that kind of action against fans to try and hinder atmosphere and ruin the game. Fortunately I don't think it will work but it's frustrating nonetheless. 

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Why is there no option of e-tickets ? every other club seems to be able to provide this.

I asked this very question to the Club shop staff saying don’t Hamilton not normally offer e-tickets? And the expression was one of an eyeroll and wry smile! I think the club know Hamilton are being awkward. Regardless, we’ll still take a monster away support to this one 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Has any other club expected you to sell out the allocation?

Our etickets are sold via fanbase - a platform you don't use. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

What it appears is that your board have purposefully tried to minimise the sale of tickets to away fans which appears really petty and a bit pathetic.  

Given they very recently tried to price gouge what they hoped would be a large travelling support from Raith in a Challenge Cup tie I think any suggestion they are purposely trying to limit the generation of revenue is way wide of the mark.